1. Camping low levels

Hi guys, new on the server,actually its my 2nd day and there is this funny guy Plalaqs camping me in Amber Ledge(Borean Tundra) with his so cool 80 level paladin while im 72 level. I didn't create this topic to flame this guy in particular but just to question the intentions of these kind of players. I mean, what do u gain from it ? Boost your ego? Or are u doing this because u are too low(skillwise) to go raiding? Or because u cant find an arena partner? Just tell me 1 benefit you gain from killing a low level player?It has been more than an hour and he just sits there with his flying mount waiting for me :D
    Edited: March 2, 2018 Reason: mistakes

2. From my experience, there are many types of campers. I have encountered two types of these campers.
    1) those players who are killing time while in bg/RDF/arena queue.
    2) Dedicated campers. These players do it for fun, they just want to see people rage and ragequit.

So happy levelling through those tough areas, one day you can get your revenge by killing these campers with your epic gears!

3. I have no understanding for lowbie campers.

It is pointless with only intention of slowing someone down or making his experience worse without giving them a chance to fight. It’s called being a bully and I enjoy killing bullies - gives me satisfaction.

I would help you but I don’t play on Icecrown. Hopefully someone can come and help you get rid of that .....

Edit: You ally or horde side? If ally, I could eventually point you to the right guy.
    Edited: March 2, 2018

4. I knew that you’re going to reply.

No, it’s bullying - game allowed bulllying tho.

5. I knew that you’re going to reply.

No, it’s bullying - game allowed bulllying tho.
    call it what you want, it's pvp in a pvp game and it's fun for some. even more so when they come cry on forums.

6. Ehh. I just kinda stand still if I'm getting attacked by someone. Die and run back until they get bored. Which they will after a while. Tonight I was camped for an hour before I kinda just got off for a while, the corpse running and waiting the 2 minutes for the res over and over gets a bit annoying after doing it upwards of 15 times. I don't mind really cause I know that nothing will be done and it is a PvP server. Just gotta have to wait them out.

7. Oh my, I was already getting worried I wasnt doing enough of Gods work in Stranglethorn, Darkshire and Outland, there wasnt a QQ ganking thread in a while. Why we do it? Its fun. I remember being ganked myself and I want others to suffer. I want to kill 80s they call to help them. I want to kill their flight masters and quest givers. I want to pop out of nowhere half an hour later when they think im gone and send them back to the spirit healer. One of my favorite things to do to *****s is to kill them while they are standing next to their bis 80 p2w protector. The protector kills me and corpse camps me, but the lowbie I was bullying stands there, instead of going on about his business. I hit res and have just enough time to one shot the lowbie before mr Shadowmourne kills me. See you in Borean today ;)

8. simple answer, it's fun.
    It's also fun 4v1'ing noobs that are ganking lowbies. Winning and then corpse camping them is the best kind of fun.

If people didn't gank, I wouldn't get to have fun like that. It may not be fun for the lowbies that are getting ganked, but the game has an ecosystem, and each person has their own things that they find entertaining. Without gankers, I would be losing out on the entertainment of them trying to spam emote before they die, or them making alts so they can whisper.

9. I have never camped anyone but I can understand campers. The answer to "why do people camp?" is the same as the answer to "why do people cheat?". Both activities show 0 skill but not everybody WANTS to show their skill. It is fun for them to see you raging. It is fun for them to see this kind of posts. That's lack of maturity, I guess, but I still can understand the fun in all of this. It is a video game, after all, not a job. Nobody is required to be the best of the best and show their skill in the highest arena rating. : )
    Edited: March 3, 2018

10. It's also fun 4v1'ing noobs that are ganking lowbies. Winning and then corpse camping them is the best kind of fun.

If people didn't gank, I wouldn't get to have fun like that. It may not be fun for the lowbies that are getting ganked, but the game has an ecosystem, and each person has their own things that they find entertaining. Without gankers, I would be losing out on the entertainment of them trying to spam emote before they die, or them making alts so they can whisper.
    i miss the days of cross faction chat, got so many more whispers back then. but ya, i get killed all the time while ganking, would get boring if i didn't have to watch my back.

11. i miss the days of cross faction chat, got so many more whispers back then. but ya, i get killed all the time while ganking, would get boring if i didn't have to watch my back.
    Pfft, you don't even log on anymore

12. Pfft, you don't even log on anymore
    lost interest in the game quite a while ago. strictly a forumer for now.

13. Campers and griefers alike share a common origin, getting griefed when they first started playing mmos. It happens to everybody, but the difference between those who don't grief and the ones who do, is coming over their bitterness and getting over their self-pity. People like Skuddy got ganked constantly; they get mad and stay mad to the point that they will never let it go and propagate their anger in the hopes of cutting you and I down to their level.

It's lonely where they are, but I am always reminded that I could've ended up just like them. They could've been the bigger man/woman, but the cycle will continue thanks to them.

14. Campers and griefers alike share a common origin, getting griefed when they first started playing mmos. It happens to everybody, but the difference between those who don't grief and the ones who do, is coming over their bitterness and getting over their self-pity. People like Skuddy got ganked constantly; they get mad and stay mad to the point that they will never let it go and propagate their anger in the hopes of cutting you and I down to their level.

It's lonely where they are, but I am always reminded that I could've ended up just like them. They could've been the bigger man/woman, but the cycle will continue thanks to them.
    No, that's not true. That's alike to the leftards' "it's society's fault" excuse for every criminal around. While some might be a case of "misdirected payback," most do it just because they want to and because "they can."

123 Last