1. Server Choice

Hey everyone. I am definitely not new to WoW as I have played retail since Vanilla. I have been playing on one of the other private servers but not here at Warmane. I took about a week or so off due to work and came back to my entire guild having jumped ship and joined/merged with another with the exception of a few bank alts of the guild leaders to keep the guild bank and I was told I would have to speak to the new guilds leaders to see if they wanted me in because I didn't switch when everyone else did. Oh well.

That being said, I almost deleted the client from my computer right then, (also contemplated on going back to retail honestly) I don't play a ton but I do enjoy getting on and running a dungeon or two or even a quick raid every now and then. My quest is where would you guys suggest I come to, what server? I frankly enjoy WOTLK up to MoP so any of those game servers are great, I'd just like to get on a server where I would actually find and play/chat with people on occasion.

So I guess I'm asking a bit of advice on a server and possible Guild or group of people to join. Any advice or help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Hi there, welcome to our forum.

If you really don't mind the expansion you're going to play on, i suggest checking out guild recruitment section of each realm to try and find a guild that will suit you first, and then just join the server they are playing on. However, if i was in your spot i would also take into consideration some realm specifics, as they are all different in terms of population, xp rate (Loraderon), H/A ratio etc.

Good luck in your search, and we hope you'll enjoy your time with us.

3. I was looking at the servers and some of their forums, I'm really interested in playing on a MoP server but the forums make the claim that the server is dead, the Cata server seems to be the same. Wotlk servers seem either dead or way over populated. Is Lorderon the way to go? It doesn't have level boosts or the ability to access the shop, unless I misread, so is that the server to go to? I don't mind donating to skip a que but the drama of pay to gear seems annoying.

4. "Server is dead" phrase has basically became a meme at this point. For example, some people are going around the forum saying that Loraderon is dead while the server has been on a stable 5k players during peak times for months. Only few years ago we couldn't even imagine a server with those kind of numbers, we had a population cap set to 3k if i recall correctly. So keep that in mind when you make your final decision.

Lordaeron is the most hardcore of all the realms, if you prefer that sort of thing. You can read Lordaeron realm information here. Also, keep in mind that everything that is available in marketplace for Icecrown can be obtained in game as well.

5. I don't mind the no level boost, but I do like that nothing can be purchased from the shop. As much as I was hoping for a server with transmog, I think Lordaeron is the best choice. Hope to see some guys soon.