1. If the object ends at 10 stacks, can I interrupt the drain soul in the middle ticks to do the object capture?

2. Not entirely sure, but I assume you're talking about DFO and snap-shotting the last 2 seconds of its sp with Drain Soul.

Assuming you don't interrupt your Drain Soul at the wrong time, that is a great thing to do. Drain Soul keeps the extra +1.2k or so spellpower for its entire channel, and the Corruption refresh that happens when you start that Drain Soul channel also applies the sp bonus to Corruption, so that's exactly the kind of thing you should be trying to do.

3. what would be a good haste breakpoint to hit? like for lower ilvl people, should i(we) socket quick gems (20 haste) to reach it, or just stick to 12+10 reckless? full bis is something like 1400 haste before buffs and gems
    Edited: September 9, 2018

4. There are various Haste levels around which the value of Haste might dip slightly. These involve the 1.0 sec GCD cap, and the associated Haste Rating amounts needed to reach that cast-time under various conditions - these conditions usually being Haste procs like Eradication and such.

The thing to keep in mind is that even prior to these breakpoints, Haste doesn't carry a higher weight than Spellpower (except when your Haste is abnormally and unrealistically low in comparison to your Sp). These Haste breakpoints are ultimately pretty inconsequential because they don't really impact how you build your toon. For the most part you simply don't need to bother to reach a certain Haste threshold.

The answer to "how much Haste should I have?" is thus always: As much as you can get without compromising your Hit or Spellpower.

So definitely stick to 12sp 10 Haste in yellows. The other thing to keep in mind is that spellpower gems carry the most amount of raw stat quantity. Gemming Haste instead of Sp is not an even trade because while you're gaining 20 haste you're not losing 20 sp - you're losing 23 sp. Spellpower is better just point for point, so the fact that gem stat budgets are slanted in favour of Sp means your gemming is naturally going to emphasize Spellpower too.
    Edited: September 11, 2018

5. Added a clarification on gemming when it comes to items that have Blue + Yellow sockets coupled together, as well as a short section on Threat Management.

The listed known bugs for the Felhunter's damage and Drain Soul not benefiting from Death's Embrace have both been fixed, so at the time of this post, there aren't any significant known bugs affecting the Affliction spec. Nor any minor ones for that matter.

The Doomguard from the Ritual of Doom has improved immensely, and it's now perfectly usable. Its utility abilities are definitely a lot more than mere flavour spells. In particular, its 2 second AoE stun on a short 20 sec cooldown is something that presents a lot of potential for use (Lady Deathwhisper, DBS, etc - I updated the Warlock Perspective section with a few ways to use its stun). Unlike the Tauren version, the Doomguard's War Stomp is instant cast and has no target limit.

I'd recommend keybinding a macro like:
    #showtooltip
    /use [pet:Voidwalker] Sacrifice; [pet:Succubus] Seduction; [pet:Doomguard] War Stomp; [pet:Felhunter] Spell Lock; [pet:Felguard] Intercept

6. Hi, I was wondering if there are rules for when it's worth it to break socket colors.

7. The gemming section of the guide details when it's generally worth picking up socket bonuses. When the listed conditions aren't satisfied, you typically gem 23sp instead.

Are you facing a gemming dilemma that isn't addressed above?

8. I was wondering more about yellow sockets. Is it always worth gemming with an ametrine for the bonus, or should I be gemming 23sp until I hit some amount of unbuffed sp. I ask because the old affliction warlock guide from elitist jerks recommended always gemming 23sp until around 3300sp.

9. Unless the yellow socket comes entwined with a blue socket, it should be worth picking up. Except if the socket bonus is something ridiculously tiny (which is unlikely, virtually all Socket Bonuses are the equivalent of at least +4sp or more). Even while gearing, SP's relative stat value isn't so far ahead that it'd be worth losing out on greater overall stat value by incorporating a mix of Haste hybrids + Socket bonuses.

10. Thanks mate! Now i will start using warlock aflic. Enough play hunter ;) THX! Cheers.

11. Spellstone vs Firestone

Spoiler:
    Spoiler: Show

Do I use the Spellstone or the Firestone?

Grand Spellstone. Don't even put the Grand Firestone on your bars.
    I'd believe that's a misleading info. Grand Firestone should be put on your snapshot weapon (LK10HC Staff, VDW10HC staff, Anub'Arak 25HC staff). The 49 critical strike rating will carry on for the whole fight duration. Including a +25critical strike rating from the weapon enchant, a +60 critical strike rating from gemming LK10HC staff and a +20 critical strike rating coming from a dedicated snapshot wand, you can end up gaining around 200 critical strike rating over your BiS weapons, which is definitely worth it on a fight where you will be able to maintain the corruption for the full duration.

Probably also worth mentioning that weapon swaping in combat will trigger an (irreducible) 1.5s GCD, that you better fit in the1s GCD caused by casting your corruption (and therefore only suffer from an extra 0.5s GCD).

12. #showtooltip
    /equip Main hand Name
    /equip Off-Hand Name
    /equip Wand Name
    Weapons (main hand, offhand and ranged/wand/libram/idol/tomtem) are the only equipements that can we swapped while in combat. But it triggers a 1.5s GCD.

13. I'd believe that's a misleading info. Grand Firestone should be put on your snapshot weapon (LK10HC Staff, VDW10HC staff, Anub'Arak 25HC staff). The 49 critical strike rating will carry on for the whole fight duration. Including a +25critical strike rating from the weapon enchant, a +60 critical strike rating from gemming LK10HC staff and a +20 critical strike rating coming from a dedicated snapshot wand, you can end up gaining around 200 critical strike rating over your BiS weapons, which is definitely worth it on a fight where you will be able to maintain the corruption for the full duration.

Probably also worth mentioning that weapon swaping in combat will trigger an (irreducible) 1.5s GCD, that you better fit in the1s GCD caused by casting your corruption (and therefore only suffer from an extra 0.5s GCD).
    Assuming the Spellstone's 1% DoT buff being applied to Corruption through a refresh via Everlasting Affliction is correct behavior (as opposed to being a quantity snapshotted at the moment of cast, a la other damage modifiers), that's right. At t10 levels of gear though the Devious Minds buff is what your corruption-refresh mini-game primarily revolves around. This adds tremendous complexity to weapon-swapping. Assuming you start with your primary weapons (non-crit ones), that would mean needing to swap weapons when a Devious Minds proc is up, and then apart from the GCD used to swap to the Crit weapons, there's also going to be the extra loss from swapping back to your primary ones, and naturally after all of this there's also a bit more associated DPS loss from injecting dead time during Devious Minds uptime.

Even in the best case scenario where your applied Corruption is going to reliably stay up the entire time (or at least until you refresh it again for the Death's Embrace effect after 35% health), the pay-off is barely commensurate with the trouble that has to go into it.
    Edited: November 29, 2018

14. Oh dang, yes of course the spellstone buff has to be taken into account, and I believe it should be snapshot too (is it the current behavior, though?)

Yet, it seems to me that prepulling with Wild Magic + Snapshot Weapon + Tricks of the Trade + (Hope for a Devious Mind) is still the way to go over just snapshotting a Devious Mind. Moreover (I know nothing about Rogues), Rogues may be able to delay their Tricks of the Trade by 1 - 4 seconds after the pull and still benefit from the T10 energy return, I guess, increasing greatly the chance of being able to line up Devious Mind and Tricks. Tryharder may even further ask for a mage's Focus Magic (which can be then given to another player once the pull is over) leading to a maximum increase of around 32% of the pull snapshot Corruption.

Worth it? I definitely believe. Plus you do not have to refresh your corruption on the 1st Devious Mind proc, (you gain that GCD) and you can even further line your Death's Embrace with yet another Tricks + Devious Mind (around 70.8% increase from an at most 32% buffed) that you can afford because your 32% buffed Corruption is almost as strong as the Death's Embrace itself, so for sure you can wait for a Devious Mind proc, and if you have good communication with your rogues you'll strike a great deal.

Plus current game mechanics allow to even futher abuse the power of Corruption on the pull...

First 12345 ... Last