1. May 10, 2020  
    Hello, first, this is an incredible guide, such useful information, a masterpiece. I don't know if you still respond to this thread but im using the Rawr and SimC you linked in page 1, and im currently at 11.5% hit, even with draenei racial active, Hit rating still sims 1.4 dps, and also crit is simming higher than haste, 1.09 for crit and 1.04 for Haste, which seems quite strange in my opinion, again, thank you for the amazing guide

2. May 11, 2020  
    Hello, first, this is an incredible guide, such useful information, a masterpiece. I don't know if you still respond to this thread but im using the Rawr and SimC you linked in page 1, and im currently at 11.5% hit, even with draenei racial active, Hit rating still sims 1.4 dps, and also crit is simming higher than haste, 1.09 for crit and 1.04 for Haste, which seems quite strange in my opinion, again, thank you for the amazing guide
    I forgot to say, im curently at 6k gs, trinkets are DFO + muradin spyglass.

3. May 11, 2020  
    Hey, and thanks!

Hit being that high suggests you definitely aren't hit-capped. Do you have the Misery debuff turned on? Do you have Suppression specced?

One common culprit for Crit simming higher than Haste is leaving Drain Soul out of the rotation - do give your rotation a second look and make sure Drain Soul usage below 25% is turned on. DS usage hurts crit rating considerably because Drain Soul cannot crit.

4. May 11, 2020  
    Hey, and thanks!

Hit being that high suggests you definitely aren't hit-capped. Do you have the Misery debuff turned on? Do you have Suppression specced?

One common culprit for Crit simming higher than Haste is leaving Drain Soul out of the rotation - do give your rotation a second look and make sure Drain Soul usage below 25% is turned on. DS usage hurts crit rating considerably because Drain Soul cannot crit.
    Hey, apparently in my server drain soul CAN crit, i've seen like 40k damage ticks and according to recount those count as crit hits, ill re-check that today on my 10h raid, Supression is specced, and the Spell hit debuff is turned on in simcraft, i don't really know what is causing that.
    Regarding drain soul again, if im wrong about the crit ticks on my server, i'd like to ask how i can change the rotation/APL on this version of simcraft, or if there is a .txt with a complete APL to copy/paste.

Update while im checking simcraft and writing this: actions+=/drain_soul,health_percentage<=25,interrupt=1 that is included in the actions list so i think drain soul is inside the simming rotation, i also have the action for reapplying corruption on devious mind for rolling

5. May 13, 2020  
    Don't recall this with complete accuracy, but now I think about, I remember something about Hit Rating's value being reflected on Simcraft as in fact just the dps gain from the Hit Rating that isn't overcap. So perhaps what you're seeing isn't unintended.

Your rotation looks like it's set up fine - unusual it would value Haste that highly then. Perhaps your inherent crit rating is just extremely low (a very low crit rating in relation to your haste would bump up crit's relative value a bit).

6. May 15, 2020  
    I'll re-check simcraft and the imported items, thank you, another quick question, are there any haste breakpoints for like, gemming pure haste to reach them? I've seen some guides that recommend gemming +20 haste instead of 12 sp 10 haste if you are close to those haste "breakpoints" (1296, 1404 or 1616) is that true, or haste works point by point and it's always a dps boost?

7. May 16, 2020  
    Hey, I love the guide, amazing insight on aff lock and the info is top-notch! I do have a question regarding haste I know its a bit repetitive but I would need some clearance on it. So this is my armory: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

At the moment I have 1550 Haste with spellstone, so I switched orange gems that provide only 5SP bonus to 23SP as I feel that I already have enough haste and 3 gems of total 69SP would have more value than 51SP30 Haste, as haste does not provide me as much as before. So I think that at this point the stat value of haste is much lower than originally so 30 Haste<18 SP What are your thoughts on that?

Also in addition, regarding talents, I feel like going for BPC ring and Ship Neck Allows to put 2 talents on suppression and give 1 for life tap as for longer Spam fights like DBS, Rotface or festergut(all HC) mana becomes of an issue at the last phases where you run out of it in the last moments of the execution phase. Value your opinion let me know!
    Edited: May 16, 2020

8. May 23, 2020  
    I'll re-check simcraft and the imported items, thank you, another quick question, are there any haste breakpoints for like, gemming pure haste to reach them? I've seen some guides that recommend gemming +20 haste instead of 12 sp 10 haste if you are close to those haste "breakpoints" (1296, 1404 or 1616) is that true, or haste works point by point and it's always a dps boost?
    Nope, they are pretty meaningless. You won't be emphasizing Haste suddenly to hit any so-called "breakpoint". In general you always just stick to your stat weights as a guide.

9. May 23, 2020  
    At the moment I have 1550 Haste with spellstone, so I switched orange gems that provide only 5SP bonus to 23SP as I feel that I already have enough haste and 3 gems of total 69SP would have more value than 51SP30 Haste, as haste does not provide me as much as before. So I think that at this point the stat value of haste is much lower than originally so 30 Haste<18 SP What are your thoughts on that?
    Based on stat weights it's unlikely that 30 Haste < 18 Spellpower.

Also in addition, regarding talents, I feel like going for BPC ring and Ship Neck Allows to put 2 talents on suppression and give 1 for life tap as for longer Spam fights like DBS, Rotface or festergut(all HC) mana becomes of an issue at the last phases where you run out of it in the last moments of the execution phase. Value your opinion let me know!
    Hmm, that's an interesting angle of consideration. 1 point in Improved Life Tap is basically an extra free Lifetap worth of mana every 10 lifetaps. In 2-3 min fights like DBS hc, the best case scenario is that it saves you 1x GCD.

One thing you should be trying to leverage on is that in execute phase, your mana expenditure should be dramatically reduced. Your main consumer of mana, by a margin, is Shadow Bolt, and this isn't something you're using much after 25%. If it's possible, try and arrange your mana bar beforehand such that once you begin using Drain Soul, the risk of needing to Life Tap for mana isn't really there.

10. May 23, 2020  
    Based on stat weights it's unlikely that 30 Haste < 18 Spellpower.

Hmm, that's an interesting angle of consideration. 1 point in Improved Life Tap is basically an extra free Lifetap worth of mana every 10 lifetaps. In 2-3 min fights like DBS hc, the best case scenario is that it saves you 1x GCD.

One thing you should be trying to leverage on is that in execute phase, your mana expenditure should be dramatically reduced. Your main consumer of mana, by a margin, is Shadow Bolt, and this isn't something you're using much after 25%. If it's possible, try and arrange your mana bar beforehand such that once you begin using Drain Soul, the risk of needing to Life Tap for mana isn't really there.
    Regarding talent points, which are the situations or which fights (ICC and RS) where you would rather prefer 2/2 intensity instead of 2/2 improved felhunter, my felhunter is not doing that many damage, and losing 1 point in that talent may be only a 150 dps loss, is it worth it dropping that for 2/2 intensity? and in which scenarios

11. May 25, 2020  
    Are you sure it's only ~150 DPS? Taking 1 point out of 2/2 Improved Felhunter means that your Felhunter is going to be using about half its current number of Shadow Bites. Usually this is going to entail something like a 2-3% loss.

On ICC, DPS-wise, it should be a DPS gain to have 2/2 Improved Felhunter, and most of the time people sport 2/2 Intensity, it's going to be more of a QOL boon to eliminate the frustrating inconvenience of seeing your Shadowbolt pushed back, and less because it actually offers more DPS output than 2/2 Felhunter.

On Lich King in particular, most of your pushback is going to come from Infest and Pain and Suffering, and these don't happen all too frequently. And you also naturally dodge pushback whenever you hardcast something like Unstable Affliction/Haunt/Seed of Corruption, since these are Affliction spells, and the only thing that should actually be subject to pushback is a hardcasted Shadow Bolt.

12. May 25, 2020  
    I was also thinking about Lod fight, as i encountered that spam of seed of corruption and multi-dotting consumes a lot of mana. But yes i understand your point, i guess only on a rare situational fight it would make sense. Thank you!

13. May 28, 2020  
    I also noticed that with your gear setup you end up at like 11.32% hit rating (297) wouldn't it be better if you swap GSB Neck for BQL Neck (and stay with GSB Ring) and put some 12sp 10hit gems into your gear to reach 10.18% hit rating (267) for ALLIANCE players who have a draenei in their parties?

14. June 1, 2020  
    you don't wanna lose haste for that amount of hit just to take advantage of draenei racial tbh.

15. June 3, 2020  
    Im currently leveling my first wow char and I am level 63 and soon be 80.
    Im playing orc warlock and I dont get half of what youve written but hopefully soon xd

First ... 4567 Last