1. Yet, it seems to me that prepulling with Wild Magic + Snapshot Weapon + Tricks of the Trade + (Hope for a Devious Mind) is still the way to go over just snapshotting a Devious Mind.
    This involves the extra downside of using your less optimal weapon for the entirety of your opener. All for an exceedingly meagre crit chance gain on Corruption. While it's not impossible that this might amount to some kind of gain anyway, it certainly won't be anything significant. The odds that Devious Minds will proc during the Wild Magic pre-pot window are only about 50%, so half the time you'd have started with your inoptimal weapon for nothing.

If rolling it with TotT is an option at all I'd just shift the corruption-rolling focus from DM alone to DM + TotT.

Focus Magic really isn't meant for Affliction Warlocks unless the raid doesn't have many caster DPS, or you simply outgear (or otherwise outplay) everyone else. The 3% gain on Corruption is barely going to be worth the GCD it costs the Mage to apply the FM to someone else most of the time, and the same concern about Devious Minds not proccing in time applies here too.

I'm not sure if I'm clear on your point about Death's Embrace - particularly that 70.8% figure.

2. Nevermind the 70% I read "increase damage by 35%." It's only 12%, below 35% hp, should learn to read. Seems the best damage increase you'll get is 44% (15% tricks 10% Devious and 12% Death's Embrace, assuming multiplicative). If you had a Trick + Devious (+Crit Prepot & Weapon) Corruption then you can even save yourself the GCD of re-applying it in the execute altogether unless you get a Tricks on top of a Devious.

Concerning TotT you cannot hope to have the buff past 8s into the fight and usually (the way we do it) you only have it for the first 6s of the fight, because it'd be kinda bad for the rogue to delay it too much ... after all, it's 15% DPS buff for anyone who gets that buff. And then you can hope to get it once again in the execute phase.

Concerning Focus Magic, it can be changed from the warlock to a mage if the fight has forced downtime, else it's clearly a no-go, Warlock gain barely any benefit from keeping Focus Magic on them, that's for sure. But think Lady HC (where you have to stop a a split second on the transition to let your tank pick aggro because you really don't want to be pulling that Pyroblast on the wrong time), PP HC where you have to stop DPS to be able to push the transition at the right time, Rotface where you certainly will have to move and you can use the GCD. Sindra, LK, BPC are not really "snapshot" fights so it's pointless to even try there. Marrow, DBS, VDW and Fester, yes the warlock is not the best choice, and BQL is special, if you are the 1st bite then yes, if you are not then no. So yes it's probably only 3 fights, but, eh, why not, it's probably enjoyable to suck out as much DPS as you can by correctly using the fights mechanics. And also, from our logs, what I see is that our affliction warlock is literally ****ing on everyone's DPS, sometimes by up to 10% to 25% depending on the fights (10% LK HC, 25-30% PP HC, 25% BPC HC, 7% Festergut), while not being the target of perks like Power Infusion, and usually only 1 Tricks (on the pull), so it seems that it's really easy to outplay other players as Affliction Warlock. (But still, doesn't justify keeping Focus Magic the whole fight)

For the pull, I'd see it the other way around : 50% of the time you have started the fights with Prepot + Snapshot weapons + Tricks + Devious and the unlucky 50% remaining you have Prepot + Snapshot Weapon + Tricks (on top of currently broken mechanics of trinket swapping), I think that's better. You loose half a GCD to weapon swap and have a Corrution that his more powerful than only a Devious Minds one, and you don't loose the GCD into re-applying corruption.

3. Concerning TotT you cannot hope to have the buff past 8s into the fight and usually (the way we do it) you only have it for the first 6s of the fight, because it'd be kinda bad for the rogue to delay it too much ... after all, it's 15% DPS buff for anyone who gets that buff. And then you can hope to get it once again in the execute phase.
    If you're going to include TotT in Corruption-rolling then it's a given that it might involve, at some point, the Rogue delaying his TotT for until you get Devious Minds. The buffed Corruption is going to be powerful enough for this to have been worth it. Doing this at the very beginning of a fight can be a little problematic, but by the time the Rogue's 2nd use of TotT is available it gets easier. Past the opener, Devious Minds has around a 40% likelihood at any given moment of being up.

Concerning Focus Magic, it can be changed from the warlock to a mage if the fight has forced downtime, else it's clearly a no-go, Warlock gain barely any benefit from keeping Focus Magic on them, that's for sure. But think Lady HC (where you have to stop a a split second on the transition to let your tank pick aggro because you really don't want to be pulling that Pyroblast on the wrong time), PP HC where you have to stop DPS to be able to push the transition at the right time, Rotface where you certainly will have to move and you can use the GCD. Sindra, LK, BPC are not really "snapshot" fights so it's pointless to even try there.
    Downtime fights by their very nature tend to work against the kind of Corruption-rolling that would justify putting FM on an Aff Lock anyway. Almost every fight that matters tends to present plenty of opportunities for your Corruption to fall off. Fights that aren't like that are usually short enough that the GCD your Mage would take to put the FM on another mage would negate the damage gained by the extra 3% crit on Corruption anyway.

And also, from our logs, what I see is that our affliction warlock is literally ****ing on everyone's DPS, sometimes by up to 10% to 25% depending on the fights (10% LK HC, 25-30% PP HC, 25% BPC HC, 7% Festergut), while not being the target of perks like Power Infusion, and usually only 1 Tricks (on the pull), so it seems that it's really easy to outplay other players as Affliction Warlock. (But still, doesn't justify keeping Focus Magic the whole fight)
    BPC and LK in particular are fights that favour specs other than Affliction a lot. Your Warlock leading on DPS meters here is probably a pretty clear indicator that there's a grotesque amount of meter-padding going on so I'd take his meters with a grain of salt.

For the pull, I'd see it the other way around : 50% of the time you have started the fights with Prepot + Snapshot weapons + Tricks + Devious and the unlucky 50% remaining you have Prepot + Snapshot Weapon + Tricks (on top of currently broken mechanics of trinket swapping), I think that's better. You loose half a GCD to weapon swap and have a Corrution that his more powerful than only a Devious Minds one, and you don't loose the GCD into re-applying corruption.
    If you're running NMIC then you can simply hold off on the on-use until you have TotT and Devious Minds. If you aren't running NMIC then you'd still want to try and time a TotT with DM anyway, because the 10% flat damage on Corruption has a more potent impact on its damage than the crit from the pre-pot and the Weapon+off-hand+wand.

The only time you would use NMIC near the start before applying Corruption would be pre-4p t10. In that case, you'd just pop it right before applying Corruption, which would be 2-3 GCDs into the pull (to give time for crit debuffs to land on the boss).

4. Your Warlock leading on DPS meters here is probably a pretty clear indicator that there's a grotesque amount of meter-padding going on so I'd take his meters with a grain of salt.
    Nope. No padding. At least none visible from the logs.

1/ Lipolytica (Mage) 6 961 583
    2/ Wayz (Affliction Warlock) 6 593 102
    3/ Nyuucat (Hunter) 6 504 888

Mages and Hunter are DPS'ing LK during the 1st transition, so they have 1 minute more of DPS on LK with respec to the warlock. Nyuucat got grabbed once, Wayz got grabbed twice. The warlock took only tricks of the trade once, on the pull. Even his Valkyr damage is similar to the rets who got grabbed 2x, while being himself grabbed 2x, and the Valkyr damage spikes at the same time as the other raid member (aka, it's not padding on the Valkyrs), and he's know to not use corruption on ghouls if he's not forced to move. So outplaying is very possible and "easy" for an afflock?

to give time for crit debuffs to land on the boss
    Are these debuffs snap'ed by Corruption? I'd expect no?

5. I guess those meters are from an LK attempt? That 6.6mill figure from the Warlock probably includes plenty of padded damage then. And there's a lot of potential for padding on Phase 2 that wouldn't be identifiable based on when his DPS was spiking. Apart from that you haven't really given much to go on. A direct log link would have been more helpful.

The crit chance of any DoT is calculated and snapshotted at the moment of its application - including any crit increasing effects on you and crit debuffs on the boss.

6. haste tradeoff?

The GSB ring + Neck combo nets you slightly more total stats, and the GSB neck has a better socket.
    You also end up having to gem for another 10 hit with the BQL neck + BPC Ring set-up.

Going from BQL neck + BPC ring to GSB Neck + GSB Ring should change your stats like so: -6sp, +20 haste, +3 crit

This is a favorable tradeoff.
    I dont see how it gives +20 haste?
    BQL neck --> GSB neck provides +8 haste + 10(gem) total of +18
    BPC ring -> GSB ring provies -18 haste (both socketed with +23 sp cuz of the blue socket with +5 sp bonus)

?

7. Yeah good catch. The Haste gain was miscalculated slightly in the above quoted post.

Going from BQL neck + BPC ring to GSB Neck + GSB ring instead only changes your stats like so:
    -6sp, +10 Haste, +3 Crit.

Which is still a favorable trade-off. This is assuming you gem 12sp 10 Haste in the GSB neck to satisfy the socket bonus. The Haste advantage comes from the fact that with the BPC/BQL set, you have to gem for Hit Rating elsewhere on your gear.

If you instead gem 23sp in the GSB neck, you still gain +3 Crit over the BQL/BPC set.
    Edited: March 4, 2019

8. Which minion should be used on this server? Is Infernal bugged?

9. From testing, Grand Spellstone is snot snapshot by Corruption, so using Grand Firestone on a snapshot weapon is "legit".

We tested today, upon equiping a weapon with Grand Spellstone then your current corruption instantly deals 1% more dps, without even reapplying.

10. Hello warlocks.

Made a test couse it was strange how my dps change with using corruption rolling.
    The test was on dummy, and the "fight" were around 5-5 minutes long (100-100 corr tick without quick decay glyph)
    I tested the nevermelting ice crystal effect, and the results are:
    - 35% crit when used the trinket and DIDNT recast corr
    - 40% crit when used the trinket and RECASTED corr
    Its nonsense. The difference should be around 20%. 5% difference can be happen in the name of luck. So it shows, that there is no difference between the two gameplay.

Any other met with this problem?

11. First at all, thank you for the guide!!

I would like to ask you a question about the bonus of the gems when the piece has 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 blue. You have 2 possibilities:

1) Respecting the bonus you have 56 SP + 10 haste + 10 spirit. Applying the change of 1 spirit = 0.55, whe obtain: 61.5 SP + 10 haste.
    2) Not respecting the bonus you have 69 SP.

Now we substract both and we have:
    1) Respecting the bonus 10 haste.
    2) Not respecting the bonus 7.5 SP.

Applying the coefficient of the table:
    1) Respecting the bonus 19.74 dps.
    2) Not respecting the bonus 18.35 dps.
    And, therefore, it is better to respect the bonus. This was the method you used.

However, I think there is an error in this calculation, and I'll try to explain it. You said that the stats weight table represents the DPS gained per point of each stat. Then, why did you transform the spirit into SP and you did not multiple the spirit by the coefficient of that table, which is 0.556. If you do that, the result will be:

1) Respecting the bonus 10 haste + 10 spirit = 25.3 dps
    2) Not respecting the bonus 13 SP = 31.81 dps

And therefore you don't want to respect the bonnus. Could you clarify my question please?

Thank you in advance

12. I think the BiS is slightly different to the one you listed with 3/3 on suppresion. According to the pieces you mention, the stats obtained are: hit=309 (overcaped), SP=3463, haste=1341, crit=1142 and spirit=70. (The stats are calculated using all objects of the BiS+gems+enchants). However, if you take Blood Queen's Crimson Choker instead of Amulet of the Silent Eulogy and Valanar's Other Signet Ring instead of Ring of Rapid Ascent, you obtain the following stats: hit=293 (slightly overcaped), SP=3481 (+18), haste=1351(+10), crit=1139(-3) and spirit=70(equal). Which obvioulsy is better

13. However, I think there is an error in this calculation, and I'll try to explain it. You said that the stats weight table represents the DPS gained per point of each stat. Then, why did you transform the spirit into SP and you did not multiple the spirit by the coefficient of that table, which is 0.556. If you do that, the result will be:

1) Respecting the bonus 10 haste + 10 spirit = 25.3 dps
    2) Not respecting the bonus 13 SP = 31.81 dps
    The table used for reference:

It was Intellect that provided 0.556 DPS per point. The spirit/sp ratio from the table is what it ought to be, so converting Spirit directly to spellpower for the sake of simplifying that example wasn't inaccurate.

I think the BiS is slightly different to the one you listed with 3/3 on suppresion. According to the pieces you mention, the stats obtained are: hit=309 (overcaped), SP=3463, haste=1341, crit=1142 and spirit=70. (The stats are calculated using all objects of the BiS+gems+enchants). However, if you take Blood Queen's Crimson Choker instead of Amulet of the Silent Eulogy and Valanar's Other Signet Ring instead of Ring of Rapid Ascent, you obtain the following stats: hit=293 (slightly overcaped), SP=3481 (+18), haste=1351(+10), crit=1139(-3) and spirit=70(equal). Which obvioulsy is better
    You should sit at 297 Hit Rating in the set with the GSB neck and ring, not 309. Unless you're using Icewalker on boots, which tends to be sub-optimal in raiding most of the time, and especially sub-optimal if you have Engineering as a profession, which any raiding toon should strongly consider.

Hello warlocks.

Made a test couse it was strange how my dps change with using corruption rolling.
    The test was on dummy, and the "fight" were around 5-5 minutes long (100-100 corr tick without quick decay glyph)
    I tested the nevermelting ice crystal effect, and the results are:
    - 35% crit when used the trinket and DIDNT recast corr
    - 40% crit when used the trinket and RECASTED corr
    Its nonsense. The difference should be around 20%. 5% difference can be happen in the name of luck. So it shows, that there is no difference between the two gameplay.

Any other met with this problem?
    If you can reproduce that consistently then it'd be worth going to be bugtracker with it, although I'm doubtful that a bug of that nature would suddenly arise.
    Edited: April 6, 2019

14. May 2, 2019  
    Hello, I have a question about corruption rolling.
    So, so far I've been using the nevermelting ice crystal and the potion of wild magic as prepots, as such i get the buff from the trinket then swap with a better one before the pull. Now, I'd like to know is the corruption under the nmic+wild magic effects stronger than the 4pt t10 10%buff? So should i refresh it when the proc happens or do i keep the nmic one? And again, do i refresh ir under 35% with the 4pt t10 pops or is the nmic still better?

15. May 5, 2019  
    As far as I know, the moment you swap the trinkets you loose the NMIC buff so there is no point in answering your question :)

First ... 23456 ... Last