1. Gear requirements for dungeons

I've glimpsed the forums and couldn't find anything regarding this, but I'd like to know what the requirements for regular heroics are. Along with ToC and the ICC dungeons for both normal and heroic.

ToC normal drops ilvl 200 gear, yet I can't sign for it in full 200 gear + a couple of 245.

Some friends and I got around this by entering manually, which is fine. And I know people are forming groups at the ICC entrance manually too. I had close to bis on all my characters in retail Wrath at the release of these instances, so I don't know if the requirements were like this in the actual game. Would be nice to know what kind of ilvl/gearscore is actually required, though. Or if the RDF is just straight up broken.

Thanks in advance. (:

2. I just double checked this on some alts and it seems fine. Your average item level for dungeons is measured by total level / equipment slots. So for one of the alts I checked this on I have a total item level of 3668, but it's a shaman and can wear 17 pieces of gear so divide that by 17 and I have an average of 215. I can currently queue for everything except for HoR, which should require 219. I also checked this on a lower geared druid and got similar results. Some more info on the level requirements can be found here.

3. I did some testing myself.

Regular heroics require 180 ilvl, that is correct.
    But for some reason ToC, Forge and Pit normal require 210, even though ToC only drops 200.
    I reckon Halls of Reflection requires 219 on normal as my 212 character can't sign for it on either normal or HC, but can sign for everything else.

It makes no sense that ToC normal requires 210 on average, when it drops 200.
    Same thing goes for Halls of Reflection normal, which drops 219, requiring more gear than signing for Forge and Pit Heroic, which both drop 232 and require 210 to sign for.

Again, I don't know if it was like this on retail. But at least I got my question answered.

4. I did some testing myself.

Regular heroics require 180 ilvl, that is correct.
    But for some reason ToC, Forge and Pit normal require 210, even though ToC only drops 200.
    I reckon Halls of Reflection requires 219 on normal as my 212 character can't sign for it on either normal or HC, but can sign for everything else.

It makes no sense that ToC normal requires 210 on average, when it drops 200.
    Same thing goes for Halls of Reflection normal, which drops 219, requiring more gear than signing for Forge and Pit Heroic, which both drop 232 and require 210 to sign for.

Again, I don't know if it was like this on retail. But at least I got my question answered.
    Your numbers are incorrect. Don't use gearscore to try and approximate these things please.

5. Your numbers are incorrect. Don't use gearscore to try and approximate these things please.
    What are the correct numbers then? I have been talking to a person who claims that the warmane servers actually use gearscore for the RDF requirements. I have heard all sorts of stuff about this, beacause new people have problems with it all the time. So some clarity on the matter would be appreciated.

6. Read the TrinityCore source code.