1. Pushing high ratings

Just some help for those you wanting to push past 2k

2.2k 2.5k glad whatever rating. You can achieve these ratings, anyone can. The general rule of thumb to just stick some very basic practices that most people commonly overlook. As I said anyone can do it so dont think you cant.

1: Be prepared. Very basic thing. Make sure you have the macros you need for your comp if you dont ask around to other skill players or look them up, this is mandatory. Having the gear/gem/enchant/spec you need for the comp and just overall being prepared will make things much easier and possible for you.

2: Experience/practice/comp. The more you have the higher your rating will go. Already being 2k means you generally have a good idea of how to play arena with your comp. Make sure your comp is viable at the rating your going for and stay with it. Watching videos on warcraftmovies/youtube and getting advice from other skilled people can help you get some extra help you may be looking for.

3: Your partner. Make sure they are around the same skill level as you with the comp you want to play. You and your partner need to be able to notice mistakes and take constructive criticism. Having someone who can communicate with you, not someone who just stays quiet instead of speaking up and being able to correct and acknowledge mistakes, is essential. They need to have the same desire to succeed as you do. Its not about how good you or your partner are individually, but about how good you can work as a team.

4: Dedication. Far to often I see people reroll comp/class/ team instead of practicing and getting better at the one they started on. You want to stay dedicated to your comp, your team, and your partner. You dont want to keep picking up new partners every 2 weeks. You and your partner having the determination and desire to work as a team and stay dedicated to your team is what is going to push your ratings higher.

5: Setting goals for your rating. If your a 2k player experienced player your not going to push glad overnight. These things take time and practice. You dont need to sit and play 1000 games in the span of 2 weeks. Take your time, good quality experience is going to make you a better player not trying to rush to being an arena master. Set a goal even if its small, whether you go up 10 points or 100 points setting these goals and sticking to them is going to gradually push you higher.

6: Be smart about how you Que. If your getting farmed by a certain team or your losing more games then you want that day stop queing try again another time, or try to dodge the team giving you trouble. As I said you dont need to rush yourself. Knowing when and when not to que can make getting your rating much easier. The teams who get the highest ratings are smart about how they Q and know when to farm points and when to que another time.

7: Going up. Keep at it until you reach the goal you have set. Do not give up or rage when it gets hard, instead walk away and calmly reorganize yourself and come back another time. Stick to it and you can achieve the ratings you have set for yourself.

Its not about the quantity of how much you play, but the quality of how you play that will make you a better player/team.

Have fun and go push some ratings.
    Edited: March 12, 2018

2. I think it is better to say "Not every player can achieve 2k+ ratings, but said player can come from anywhere". For if everyone could breeze through 2k then all of a sudden 2k would not be anything to relish passing, it would be like relishing sitting with 1,5k.
    The advice you give is pretty good though and certainly should be considered by players aiming past 2k. Alas the only thing I see as relevant in arena is:

Comps, comps and more comps.
    Comps decides most games on a equal skill basis. This is the reason so few push through high brackets and why arena gets dull and boring the higher up you go. While 5v5 is more forgiving in this regard, 2v2 and 3v3 is rather rigid. If skill decided things then other combos than the classic ones would be in the higher brackets. Hence, roll with a combo you notice even has a chance of going through 2k. Pick War/Holy Paladin on Wotlk for instance, instead of dreaming reaching 2k + as eg 2x Enhancement shamans. Pick Druid + X class in TBC instead of trying 2x Arcane mages.

Hence arena in a nutshell is 0 creativity and 100% comp stalking.

3. I think it is better to say "Not every player can achieve 2k+ ratings, but said player can come from anywhere". For if everyone could breeze through 2k then all of a sudden 2k would not be anything to relish passing, it would be like relishing sitting with 1,5k.
    The advice you give is pretty good though and certainly should be considered by players aiming past 2k. Alas the only thing I see as relevant in arena is:

Comps, comps and more comps.
    Comps decides most games on a equal skill basis. This is the reason so few push through high brackets and why arena gets dull and boring the higher up you go. While 5v5 is more forgiving in this regard, 2v2 and 3v3 is rather rigid. If skill decided things then other combos than the classic ones would be in the higher brackets. Hence, roll with a combo you notice even has a chance of going through 2k. Pick War/Holy Paladin on Wotlk for instance, instead of dreaming reaching 2k + as eg 2x Enhancement shamans. Pick Druid + X class in TBC instead of trying 2x Arcane mages.

Hence arena in a nutshell is 0 creativity and 100% comp stalking.
    Sure, it is a lot about comps and can even become a bit rock-paper-scissor isch. Talking TBC here.

But there also certain combos that are really strong if played correctly but not that good at all if you are only decent. For example I would say getting 2k+ as a rogue playing with a druid is a lot harder than getting 2k+ playing with a priest. But RD might even be the stronger combo of the two if you are really really good.

5v5 might have more viable comps than the lower brackets, but that is kinda to be expected right? Way more combos to pick from. But on the other hand 5v5 is almost PvE really and zerging is just way to effective for it to become intresting imo.

3v3 is probably the best bracket in general, many viable combs, require a lot of cordination and way less zerg than 5v5. Not that many hardcounters as there are in 2s that can easily become rock-paper-scissor between certain combos.

4. Sure, it is a lot about comps and can even become a bit rock-paper-scissor isch. Talking TBC here.

But there also certain combos that are really strong if played correctly but not that good at all if you are only decent. For example I would say getting 2k+ as a rogue playing with a druid is a lot harder than getting 2k+ playing with a priest. But RD might even be the stronger combo of the two if you are really really good.

5v5 might have more viable comps than the lower brackets, but that is kinda to be expected right? Way more combos to pick from. But on the other hand 5v5 is almost PvE really and zerging is just way to effective for it to become intresting imo.

3v3 is probably the best bracket in general, many viable combs, require a lot of cordination and way less zerg than 5v5. Not that many hardcounters as there are in 2s that can easily become rock-paper-scissor between certain combos.
    I kinda disagree that 3s is the best bracket of TBC.
    Class wise 2s is extremly unbalanced with only a handful specs beeing viable on +2k.
    3s has more viable comps but there are also certain specs that struggle.
    5s on the other hand is the most balanced bracket. Everything including hpaly or ele shami is viable here.

Due to that I disagree with Warmanes decision to not reward Outlands 5s bracket with titels. Its just unfair towards players that don't play a over tuned class/spec that rocks the 2s and 3s bracket.
    Also I consider Outlands 5s as more challenging than the 3s ladder of Lordaeron/Neltharion/Frostwolf which are pretty much dead.
    The challenge comes with the activity of the bracket and Outlands 5s is definitely active enough.
    Edited: April 29, 2018