1. Why wow pvp will never truly be a game.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a complaint or rage post nor will it be acknowledged as such.

We all know pvp is imbalanced. Never has been, never will be. But why? Because paper rock scissors? Because fotm? because OP exists?

Yea this is obvious but look even further into it.

With patches and expansions that date back before 2005 wow is a constantly changing game that even when balance starts to find a way in, its wiped clean and revamped entirely. Because of this concept, wow just is not a game that is built to operate pvp on a consistent balanced level. No matter what expansion you play or what patch you play imbalance has always and will always exist in some form or fashion. Blizzard fundamentally made this game for pve and it will be a pve game until the day it dies.

I do not wish to push anyone away from pvp or to complain about it at all. I respect peoples opinions and achievements and I take nothing away from the people who do enjoy the game.

As I said wow is not, has never been, nor will ever be a pvp game. My advice as a veteran pvp player to all who try to go back to earlier expansions or wait for blizzard to create this perfect pvp experience, dont chase a pipe dream.
    Edited: March 14, 2018

2. One point of WoW is that players do not stay at one item level for very long, this allone means that there is never a time where everyone can be on the same item level, speaking for retail.

Blizzard never had a game and maybe never will have one that is ballanced in pvp in itself. They openly proclaim not to ballance a game to make it more fun to play, they always stick to a paper rock scissors system on first release. For hots there was the design target not to ballance heros to make the game more fun. Overwatch heavily follows a paper rock scissors system.

3. what a pointless and stupid thread.so you are indirectly saying "give up of warmane PVP and wait for some future expansion that maybe will come,but most likely will not"
    many many people have fun doing PVP in wow and this is the purpose of games,to be fun and entertaining.pvp class "balance" in game with 10+ classes is absurd.anyone who think this will ever happen is delusional.
    take league of legends for example.100% pvp game and the balance never existed.there is always perma banned champions because they are OP and always champions who are currently so bad no one play them.and there is always meta champions who are consider the strongest and everyone play them.its exactly the same in every single PVP game that have variety of classes/champions.if you want balance go play CS:GO.
    Edited: March 14, 2018

4. Whats ur definition of "balance"?
    Every game that has multiple classes with different specializations has a rock-paper-scissors system.
    Does rock-paper-scissors mean that the game is unbalanced? Don't think so. It rather means that the game is more complex in a strategical manner than a first person shooter or a 1v1 fighting game.

5. Did you honestly make this thread just to enlighten everyone with your perceived expertise on something that has been clear for more than a decade? You're telling me WoW is a PvE focused game? No way. Finally someone whose IQ is high enough to discuss the nuanced humor of Rick and Morty with!

6. Finally someone whose IQ is high enough to discuss the nuanced humor of Rick and Morty with!
    I've been reading your posts for a while, but it's the first one that got me laughing out loud.

7. DISCLAIMER: This is not a complaint or rage post nor will it be acknowledged as such.
    I, for one, am acknowledging this thread as BOTH a complaint and a rage post.

8. Buy some "free action potions" and git gud nub

9. My advice as a veteran pvp player to all who try to go back to earlier expansions or wait for blizzard to create this perfect pvp experience, dont chase a pipe dream.
    This is false. Battle for Azeroth is going to create the perfect PvP experience as far as I'm concerned.

10. This is false. Battle for Azeroth is going to create the perfect PvP experience as far as I'm concerned.
    I can never tell if you're sarcastic, but I agree with you.

While it is too early to say so far, the features they are adding could make PvP a lot better for everyone.

- Warfronts. If they make them PvP, where every few days, there are large-sale world PvP events, hundreds of players across an entire region battling to capture a city like Lordaeron/Undercity, Teldrassil, Exodar, Stromgarde, etc - it could be one of the best features ever. Just imagine being able to capture any city for the Alliance/Horde except the capital city. That would be great.

- Island expeditions (kinda): I don't know enough to judge this, but it is a 3v3 PvP experience, too early to judge.

- Toggle PvP on/off in capital cities. Well, now low levels will never be camped by Horde in STV, and all PvP-toggled players across the region (Not certain if its across the region or connected realms), are now seen in the zone - increasing the amount of people quite a bit, in the outdoor world. Assuming its by region, you are no longer limited to players on your connected realm to PvP with, instead having players across everywhere in your region, would drastically increase the amount of participation in PvP.

- Future PvP - World Quests in Eastern Kingdoms / Kalimdor. Imagine having to complete World Quests in EK/Kalimdor where the Alliance has to go to the Horde territory and attack their small bases/camps, while giving Horde the opportunity to defend it.

I think its certainly a lot of interesting ideas going around.
    Edited: March 15, 2018

11. I can never tell if you're sarcastic, but I agree with you.
    No, I wasn't being sarcastic, although for wildly different reasons.
    Not having to even look at PvPers anymore under any circumstance is...

12. I can never tell if you're sarcastic, but I agree with you.

While it is too early to say so far, the features they are adding could make PvP a lot better for everyone.

- Warfronts. If they make them PvP, where every few days, there are large-sale world PvP events, hundreds of players across an entire region battling to capture a city like Lordaeron/Undercity, Teldrassil, Exodar, Stromgarde, etc - it could be one of the best features ever. Just imagine being able to capture any city for the Alliance/Horde except the capital city. That would be great.

- Island expeditions (kinda): I don't know enough to judge this, but it is a 3v3 PvP experience, too early to judge.

- Toggle PvP on/off in capital cities. Well, now low levels will never be camped by Horde in STV, and all PvP-toggled players across the region (Not certain if its across the region or connected realms), are now seen in the zone - increasing the amount of people quite a bit, in the outdoor world. Assuming its by region, you are no longer limited to players on your connected realm to PvP with, instead having players across everywhere in your region, would drastically increase the amount of participation in PvP.

- Future PvP - World Quests in Eastern Kingdoms / Kalimdor. Imagine having to complete World Quests in EK/Kalimdor where the Alliance has to go to the Horde territory and attack their small bases/camps, while giving Horde the opportunity to defend it.

I think its certainly a lot of interesting ideas going around.
    pretty sure Obnoxious is referring to the fact they are removing the PVP realm.wpvp is dead nowdays anyway so its good that they are completely removing it.
    since they are opening classic wow i guess people can go there for Wpvp.

as for everything else like warfronts and other continent quests that sound fun on paper and will be ingame for like 2 weeks.the way WOW works nowdays they will give you some box with random reward and people will do this quests for the rewards only.after a month will start feel like a job and everyone will hate it.

i dont know why you think city battles and sieges will be something awesome.it already exist in WOW in form of "for the horde/alliance" echiev and wintergrasp/TB and all others PVP zones over last 5 expansion.this work in games like BDO because the rewards you get for winning siege battle are absolutely insane and have HUGE impact of the progression ,but its not gonna be like that in WOW.also that cant be open world event since almost all server are completely dominated by 1 faction.it will most likely be in some battleground form that you will have to queue for.

i dont have much hope left for 3s after last 2 expansions,but maybe they will give us nice surprise there.that pretty much my only hope about this expansion PVP.

PVE tho will probably be awesome just as PVE in Legion,at least for me,was very well done.
    Edited: March 16, 2018

13. pretty sure Obnoxious is referring to the fact they are removing the PVP realm.wpvp is dead nowdays anyway so its good that they are completely removing it.
    They aren't removing it. There will still be PvP and all. The difference is people flagged for PvP will be in a different "phase," according to what Blizzard has said about it, hence why I say you won't even have to look at PvPers anymore.

14. They aren't removing it. There will still be PvP and all. The difference is people flagged for PvP will be in a different "phase," according to what Blizzard has said about it, hence why I say you won't even have to look at PvPers anymore.
    Similar to how DC Universe Online separates World PVP and PVE.

15. My biggest issue with pvp actually isn't one of balance, its that the game forces you to do arenas to get BiS gear, I enjoy Bgs and world PvP far more than arenas- in fact- I hate arenas. In wpvp and bgs at least its a little more chaotic and simulates real "battle" while arenas are just organized gladiator tournys that really breaks my immersion of the whole "alliance vs horde" thing

12 Last