1. Hey, thanks for the contribution! Your post on Lich King seems pretty thorough. I do have a question for you though. Which addon is your preference choice for tracking the Discipline shields and healer/tank CDs? I can't for the life of me remember the name of WotLK addons.

2. Hi, Was playing ShadowPriest but was very hard to find groups for doing PoS Emblems farm, so i changed my spec to holy, the problem is im having a really hard time healing FoS and PoS:

1. I have a lot of mana issues, well this should be understandable since i have dps gear with little spirit and i am changing it little by little
    2. In situations where everybody is taking damage is so hard for me to keep the group healthy; i tried to use circle of healing and mending but it doesnt seems to heal enough and i also try to have a renew HoT on everybody, specially the part in PoS where there is this ramp leading to Tyrannus and mobs aplies dissease and fire magic Dots i literally go crazy dispelling and healing everybody.

I don't know if its just that i am too bad or if im doing something wrong.
    Also I am using the addon Clique for healing with mouse clicks i think its faster. TY

3. Having spirit to increase your longevity is important. If you're having trouble sustaining a group through one boss, or a pack of mobs, make sure you're ready to use every mana regeneration CD you have. Also, invest in some mana potions. If all that is not enough, consider other sources of gear that don't require you to do those dungeons. Perhaps easier dungeons, crafting, reputation items, etc.

@2. In most cases where your group is taking "unhealable" amounts of damage, it's usually something they are doing wrong. They should be doing interrupts, stuns, moving from mechanics, not standing in front of mobs that cleave, etc. The majority of the mechanics in this game are entirely avoidable. Unfortunately, most people, especially those gearing up in these dungeons, don't have a grasp on these things. If your party is taking heavy damage, then consider using Prayer of Healing. It's an expensive spell, but it is your most powerful group heal. If you've having to cast it all the time, then your group is doing something wrong.

4. Thank you very much, when i said mana issues isnt that i start a boss or a group of mobs full mana and cant keep healing its that normally i have to drink like 5-6 times in one dungeon, i use shadowfiend normally on boss, normally if im without mana in a fight its because they didnt wait to let me drink.

5. That's fine. Remember Hymn of Hope as well, and mana pots.

6. May 12, 2018  
    Really good guide, something to add is that if you're healing VDW as Hpriest you'd wanna use Binding heal rather than Flash heal. Mostly since they share cast time but Binding heal has a higher base heal and also heals yourself.

Not sure if you wanted to include legendary items in the BiS Lists but Valanyr would be BiS for Renew but not for Flash Heal, since SP scales bad with HoTs

7. Hi @Mercy, i wanna say many tnx for guide :)
    Always want to learn about priest healing but always got some struggles with it...
    And now iam about 6k gs with 4t10 and almost all gear required and its a blast!
    I love the way its perform, i see every single unhealed zone of the raid and cover it :) Perfection!

8. Thanks for this amazing guide but I am still confused of how to gem HPriest. How much haste rating should I aim as HPriest? I currently gem my HPriest as follow:
    Red: 12 SP 10 Spirit
    Yellow: 12 SP 10 Haste
    Blue: 10 Haste 10 Spirit
    Are they correct or should I drop 10 Haste 10 Spirit gem to 12 SP 10 Spirit in Blue Socket?

9. These stat choices really come down to your preference of play. If you are fine with your mana regen, you can drop some of your spirit gemming for pure spell power if the socket bonuses aren't great. I usually try to get spell power in red sockets and spell power & spirit in blue sockets.

On the topic of haste, your goal should be whatever you are comfortable with. You want your cast speed to feel good, so that you can get used to it and make adjustments as you feel are needed. If you feel your casts aren't getting off fast enough, then get some more. If you feel you have enough haste, then you can gem some crit instead, as it will benefit efficiency in addition to the throughput gain. Crit also procs several talents!

10. can someone put like a BIS item list here?? or anything like that?

11. can someone put like a BIS item list here?? or anything like that?
    There's 2 of them in the main part, one for Serendipity and one for emp renew, check http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2911082 and scroll a bit down. BiS lists are good, but bear in mind that it's not that great of a loss if you swap an item or two, don't take a tank ring, but switching Memory of Malygos for Ring of Phased Regeneration will be a tiny difference. BiS lists should be more like aim for it, but if it's unobtainable you won't do 20% less.

12. Hey mercy, im a new WoW player that had just hit 3.5k gs. Im wondering for tips to be better in playing Holy Priest. My armory is

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

My main problems are mostly running oom 2/3 of an encounter (big pull or bosses. Been running 5 man FoS and PoS btw). Some things i know i should do better is the usage of Guardian Spirit and Shackle Undead for utility, but anything beyond keeping my party alive just seems to fly over my head lol.

Well to be short, what should i do and farm (reps, tailoring, etc) to finally hit that sweet HC ICC experience? Thankyou.

P.S. i use healbot, bartender, and dbm. What addons do you recommend i should try?

13. @elesaber

Holy Priest is a very mana hungry spec and a lot of your items don't have spirit on them and your trinkets suck. So it's going to be rough. There's no two ways about it, unfortunately.

How to improve what you have?
    - Consider trying to farm some gold so you can get the high quality BOE (bind on equip) items that are 264 ilvl. The legs are pretty good, and the boots will last you a VERY long time.
    - Change your Renew glyph to anything else, you want that Renew to have a long duration.
    - Get the Glyph of Guardian Spirit. It is a great glyph if you focus on its healing bonus, instead of the death prevention.
    - There are some suggestions I could make regarding your talents, but the changes will have a minor effect, if anything.

The only reps you will need are Kirin Tor and Sons of Hodir. These are for your shoulder and helm enchants.

For professions, I would advise Alchemy and Herbalism. Herbalism is purely for supplying yourself with herbs for Alchemy. Alchemy is great because you can supply yourself with flasks, elixirs and potions. In addition, you also get to use the super cheap Alchemist-only mana potions that only take 2 Goldclover to create and can give you random elixir buffs for free. These are especially great in the early gearing up process because you don't normally use elixirs for dungeons or easy raids, and you're going to be mana hungry.

To add about addons, healbot is fine, but I usually recommend the use of grid or elvui.

14. May 5, 2020  
    Thanks for the guide!
    I have a question. People in my guild say the 2 piece T9 bonus is BiS for holy renew, yet I found no one saying this for WoTLK end of content. Is this true?

I also want to mention I first tried the Serendipity build and while fun I had aweful results in ICC25 NM/HC, maybe because there already was an Hpal and Rsham on the tanks? (I tried to heal raid and tanks as needed). I just tried the Renew spec in ToGC and it scored much better.

15. May 5, 2020  
    The 2-set bonus from the Tier 9 armor doesn't have an effect on Renew. The 4-set bonus does, but to utilize it, you would be sacrificing too much stats to make it worthwhile. Allow me to go a bit in depth on this.

Assume that I kept my Tier 10 stats but gained this set bonus. I would gain between 1.6 and 2k extra healing per Renew. So now, here are the problems with this;
    1. Renew is a HOT. This means it is prone to over-healing. This is because you can't "turn off" the Renew until it has run its course. It will continue healing whether the target is at full health, has a healing debuff of some kind on them, or whatever.
    2. This bonus only affects Renew. The 2-set bonus only affects Prayer of Mending. These spells may still be at a deficit due to the stat loss, and every single other spell you have is now at a deficit due to stat loss.
    3. Renew and Prayer of Mending are only a small part of your toolkit. If you are casting these only, along with perhaps Circle of Healing, then it's likely because you vastly over-gear the content and/or you're just bored. At which point, it hardly matters what tier set bonus you're wearing, because healing isn't a concern in the first place.
    4. Unless you're in a situation where you don't have to worry about other healers healing up your Renew targets and your Renew targets don't die due to lack of healing, Renew is one of the least efficient spells you have.

Regarding your comments for Serendipity, first, I must ask: How are you "scoring" your results? If you're gauging yourself based on HPS, STOP NOW.
    https://mechanicalpriest.com/why-hea...s-dont-matter/
    If you read the article, it'll explain things such as: of course your healing comp matters, among other things, like how geared you are, how much damage your group takes, what the damage patterns are, etc.
    Secondly, remember that Serendipity is a tool. Not specifically for tank healing, either. It's a tool intended to help you get out a nuke heal quickly. When you have constant heavy damage incoming, then you chain the appropriate spell with itself, do not bother with building Serendipity stacks.
    Third, of course Renew is going to perform better in non-current content, because of the nature of HOTs. If this is your goal, you may as well play Discipline.
    Lastly, while a Holy Priest is capable of "topping" a meter, that's not its job and that's not where it belongs. If that is the only metric you're using to gauge whether a healer is doing their job well, then hopefully you'll start considering other options.

First 1234 Last