1. TOC/ICC Gold runs

Hello everyone,

Back in WotLK retail, the server I played on used to do something fairly unique. It was typically run by one guild (most notable one specific person, but can't remember the name) where all loot was bid on and purchased with gold in raid chat, and all gold went into a pot. At the end of the run, the gold would be split evenly 10 or 25 ways (depending on raid size) and paid to each participant.

This helped get higher GS people into raids to make gold, and also made it a little easier to get gear if you really wanted something. Instead of it being RNG, you could actually buy the gear.

Is this against the ToS of Warmane? Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

2. I remember tons of those raids on retail on Nazgrel server and there was nothing illegal about it at all according to the ToS. It is not gambling, it is an auction; and if advertised correctly would not break any loot rules. Bear in mind, gambling was against ToS in retail and it sometimes goes on here.

For the auction raids, you just need to download an addon iirc.

3. It's called GDKP and I remember it being fairly popular across all realms. It's not against Warmane's policy since it's a method of loot distribution. Just have to be careful and make sure it's led by a reputable person. Though, I'm sure since Warmane bans ninja'ing, if someone decided to take the money and run, there would be sufficient proof to issue a ban, but all gold would be lost. I'm actually interested in doing this, and might lead one in my spare time. I'll keep it posted and if I decide to go through with it, I'll make a forum post for details.

4. People have done that here too but I've never seen it get popular on private servers. The addon likqansdj mentioned is here and I'd love to see more people use GDKP.

5. I want to start hosting these once I get better gear (only 5.6k gs right now) and start with ToC25, and then start doing it with ICC25. Sounds like some people are familiar with these, so that's good. :D

6. any update on this raid?
    i'm really looking forward for this thing

7. I want to start hosting these once I get better gear (only 5.6k gs right now) and start with ToC25, and then start doing it with ICC25. Sounds like some people are familiar with these, so that's good. :D
    It would be wise to set up some form of voice communication(discord is probably the best option) and enforce it's use.Also important to set the rules in stone,like 3 wipe-causing mistakes and slacking reduces the amount of gold the guy gets from the pot,or leads to straight removal from the group.A small entry fee for a chance to join the raid,which of course gets mailed back if the guy doesn't get picked.The entry fee could be included in the pot,or you can keep it,depends on how you want to do it.And be sure to ask everyone about their actual job on the fights,along with tactics.Untill you have a reliable client base,it is wise to include some friends(tanks and healer roles preferably) to help organizing and downing the raid.I wish you good luck,but gdkp is sadly not a fitting model on warmane,mostly because you can just sell your gold for coins and just buy whatever you need.

8. Update on this.

I tried to do a TOC25 GDKP run tonight, and this server is not ready for GDKP. Even though ti was advertised as such, and very clear that items would be bid on for gold, upon getting 25 people, when we started first boss, there was madness. People were upset it was GDKP, and not rolling.

I wasted 2 hours getting the group setup, and then it didn't even go. For anyone else considering GDKP, I wouldn't bother.