1. Are sociopaths just the price you play for being on a PVP server?

Since having to transfer from Medivh, I've found life on a PVP server to be fairly dispiriting. There are sufficient numbers of players, almost always playing a rogue, who make it their business to diminish the enjoyment of others. The idea of world PVP is complete bollocks - it's usually one player easily killing another. Not some tactical chess match of equally matched opponents, but some f**k who waits until you're engaged with mobs, or eating/drinking to regain health/mana, and then kills you in seconds. My gear is ****; I die quick. It's not a even a contest. It's just cheap. And even when it's not a rogue (rare), you're reduced to the Prisoner's Dilemna - strike first, or give the other person a huge advantage over you.

I know this is life on a PVP server. But it sucks. Kudos to those players who *could* PVP but when it's damn well clear that someone is just farming or otherwise doing their own thing, then they leave them be.

And yes, I know that I can always quit the server.

2. Some people are miserable IRL and they want you to be there with them. Misery loves company. I just keep doing my thing. If they persist, I relocate. Most people here don't want PvP. They just wanted the population and got stuck with the sociopaths.

3. Here's my take on it. When I first leveled a character at the end of vanilla/first of TBC era(Retail). I was an eager young boy and picked an undead warrior for aesthetics of course. I ventured out in the the wide wide World of Warcraft not knowing I had picked the hardest class to level and not knowing anything of the dangers that awaited me.

However, I quickly learned that the Alliance scum would show me no sympathy for my choice in character or lack of skill and as the easy target I was; I was viciously attacked over and over by all classes from 1-50ish before finally realizing how this world was. A heartless beast that more often then not only respected power.

So I rerolled a class still not the best (feral druid) but it was easy to level and like rogue had an advantage with its stealth. Ever since then I have one rule ( If it has a red tag kill it).

So for going on 11 ish years now that has continued to be my rule. I don't care if your leveling, afk, or just helped save me from dying... if you have a red tag over your name (aka Alliance) your my target and the only thing that will ward me off is if you first prove you can beat me as I normally will attack 1 or 2 times and test my luck if I lose I move on and continue farming or whatever I'm doing avoiding those that have already killed me and killing or attempting to kill those I've yet to cross.
    Edited: March 17, 2018 Reason: spelling

4. A high level player saves you from dying, you be like "/thank now have at thee my *****"

OP- I usually kill anything my level. I don't kill lowbies, I like watching lowbies die to other lowbies, it's quite amusing watching young bois fight.
    Edited: March 17, 2018

5. that's the nature of pvp servers. you learn to avoid the gankers over time.

6. If you complain now when faction numbers are somewhat even, what would you do if you were to play when there used to be 70% horde?

7. please dont quit the server becouse i wont be able to read crying about pvpin anymore than, i just love to spawn gank people like you are :))

8. please dont quit the server becouse i wont be able to read crying about pvpin anymore than, i just love to spawn gank people like you are :))
    Sounds like quite the sociopath to me. :D

9. Despite the fact that i never ganked anyone in my life, unless they forced me to log my main with their 80....

I personally find "gank" part of the game, ofc if not completly abused 24/7.

Overall we need to think that Warcraft is a game designed around a faction war, whoever is "red" can be targeted as an enemy becase of his faction.

Unfortunely the majority of the players who gank, dont do that following the "faction war" mind, but simply "LOLOLOL I ONESHOT IM GOOD" view.

Warcraft levelling should be an adventure, a travel that count so many risks as you're "living" during ages of war, between Alliance, Horde and tons of enemy.

I personally remember like few weeks ago, that i was levelling an hunter in STV, met a similar horde level (was above mine) and killed it. THen he came back with others 3 and ganked me...Ended up doing a bunch of 3vs4 at the quests zone (The pirates one) between faction for the "control" of the questing territory.

Yes, thats sad once one between the groups calls the level 80, but well, i still remember back in Vanilla when i used to sit in blackrock with my PvP guild, not allowing any horde 40-man raid group to even reach BWL/MC entrance. Same back in AQ times in Silithus.

That is how the game is supposed to be, the fact that got less "patriotic" is just a result of an overall differnt player base.

And these words comes from someone that nowdays, log in just to do a bunch of arena and maybe a BG (Where i never tend to HK farm, but i aim for the victory)

10. I just seen this post and it reminded me about how great ganking people who can't defend themselves is.

And btw, how is killing someone in an online game socipath behaviour? xD

11. It is, because it makes the ganker feels satisfaction where helping should invoke that, not ganking.
    How would you describe a behavior where you’re “torturing”, “bullying”, or the easiest, “demonstrating force” over someone who doesn’t stand a chance?

Human nature should be the opposite, for example reaching out to lowbie who’s asking for help because he’s being ganked.

12. the best part of leveling on a pvp server is killing people that attempt to gank you, get good

13. It is, because it makes the ganker feels satisfaction where helping should invoke that, not ganking.
    How would you describe a behavior where you’re “torturing”, “bullying”, or the easiest, “demonstrating force” over someone who doesn’t stand a chance?

Human nature should be the opposite, for example reaching out to lowbie who’s asking for help because he’s being ganked.
    holy **** you naive snowflake, stop eating so much soy.

14. Only meatz for gainz.

Your life and surroundings are the way you make them be buddy.

15. ...it reminded me about how great ganking people who can't defend themselves is.
    This is good. A reply that begins to shed some light on the subject. Ok, so the reply is a little light on detail and can probably be categorised as maybe a "learn to play" style of primitive response which has been seen countless times down the years, but it's a line of communication.

Aymus, I'd be genuinely interested to hear your thoughts on this further. Let's begin with what "can't defend themselves" means to you:

Do you mean that they can't defend themselves because the don't have the skills (I mean as a player, not necessarily as a character - there's nothing they can do about the latter), and it's somehow entertaining, or perhaps "rewarding" would be more apt, to help them improve upon those skills, perhaps even to the point where they could possibly defeat you despite you "throwing the first punch"? I mean, they could duel if that's what they're after, so perhaps offer that to someone on your own side instead? If you do think you're offering some sort of training, then repeatedly doing so when they're obviously not interested would be problematic.

Or do you mean that they can't defend themselves because they're out-levelled and out-geared and no amount of skill (again, player skill) would help them? If this is what you meant, I'm especially interested to hear, in your own words, what makes this "great".

12 Last