1. GOOGLE Translator sings Rule Britannia

ayyyy

2. I don't know if it's only me, but the way GT translates these days seem worse than back in the days when the translations were more "literal", or word-by-word.

Nowadays GT seems to make wild guesses about what the source text means, in order to come up with a more "natural" translation. The problem is, sometimes that guess is right, which yields a very human-like translation, but sometimes when the guess is wrong, it just adds information that wasn't even there in the first place.

Word-by-word translation was, in my opinion, less risky in that regard, even though it sounds less "natural". At least GT didn't come up with words out of nowhere.

3. May 27, 2019  
    I don't know if it's only me, but the way GT translates these days seem worse than back in the days when the translations were more "literal", or word-by-word.

Nowadays GT seems to make wild guesses about what the source text means, in order to come up with a more "natural" translation. The problem is, sometimes that guess is right, which yields a very human-like translation, but sometimes when the guess is wrong, it just adds information that wasn't even there in the first place.

Word-by-word translation was, in my opinion, less risky in that regard, even though it sounds less "natural". At least GT didn't come up with words out of nowhere.
    I am major in Translation-studies (Translation-science germans cough cough*) The way i see GT is like a ''pharmakon'' (it literaly means poision and treatment at the same time) the way you see it makes the differance. I never used GT for a target text, it just gives you little language interplays. It is sometimes good, because now you get a whole new window (scane&frame) but sometimes bad because it is totally out of logos (reason some might say) . For me they both natural, in the end we can't know what the text have said. It's endless.