1. Hiiiiii

Hello, I'm new here but I have many friends who play on this server, including my big bro who has a lot of characters on this server though he quitted now. Anyway how does donation work? I mean the server has a cap of 12k players. I play on icecrown btw and there is a 700 queue waiting to get in. I donated and got in instantly. Does that mean there is 12001 players inside the game now?
    Not important but I always wondered how donations and player cap work if someone could explain?
    Anyway hey, I'm dorothea and I played wow before but not a lot, I never got the chance to do the big raids only in 255 lvl servers.
    I'm a roleplayer at heart and after I get my main character (nelf druid tank) on tracks, I plan to start a role-play guild on Icecrown but not 100% see what other players say. But generally it will be on Icecrown because big population means more people will join!!!
    It's cool, I am level 30 I think, only officially made the character yesterday after trying Outland too. Feel free to say hi @Saikk, nelf druid or Regincla, human warlock, role-play main character

Anyways that's it for now, bye.
    Edited: March 17, 2018

2. Welcome to Warmane!

There is a soft cap for non-donors at 12000, but there is an extended cap for donators. Take in consideration it does not mean that there are 12000 people actually in game. AFKing at the character select screen counts as if you were in-game.

Role Playing seems to becoming fairly more popular you can check the RP forums here for more information.

Enjoy your stay!