1. Should I Roll a Warrior?

Hello folks!

I've I've played TBC a ton both in retail and now here but I'm having a hard time finding a character class that I really want to focus on this time around. I've leveled a warrior in the past and just got frustrated with it over time with not knowing when to change stances or simply getting owned by frost mages. Lately though, I tend to find myself constantly getting eaten alive by warriors when playing my hunter in BG's. As such, I've been toying with the idea of rolling one again but wanted to hear from you all first.

So... here are my questions (I'm looking at these through a solo player - PvE and PvP):

1. I've heard that w/o a pocket healer, a warrior simply dies in PvP and it's easy to CC them - is that true?
    2. For PvP, how often am I really changing stances?
    3. I see some warriors swapping weapons to bring in a shield for reflect, is this normal?
    4. Can you please tell me why a RET pally wouldn't be a better choice considering they can heal themselves?
    5. Are warriors really food for frost mages?

Thanks!!!

2. Hello folks!
    I've I've played TBC a ton both in retail and now here but I'm having a hard time finding a character class that I really want to focus on this time around. I've leveled a warrior in the past and just got frustrated with it over time with not knowing when to change stances or simply getting owned by frost mages. Lately though, I tend to find myself constantly getting eaten alive by warriors when playing my hunter in BG's. As such, I've been toying with the idea of rolling one again but wanted to hear from you all first.
    I believe you should roll the class that you enjoy to play or wish to explore. That being said, remember that it is quite a different experience of fighting a warrior depending on the battleground, area etc. Also as a hunter you are one of the classes warriors have a somewhat better chance against if they are skilled with the current gear and resilience levels. So keep that in mind.
    With that said, let's take a look at your questions.
    1. I've heard that w/o a pocket healer, a warrior simply dies in PvP and it's easy to CC them - is that true?
    It is true. Without a healer your chances of beating other classes but warriors are very slim. It will hang on you being very good and perhaps also being willing to swap gear for each battle, have consumables ready etc. It will be much more difficult if the enemy knows how to play his/her class well.
    2. For PvP, how often am I really changing stances?
    It depends on the enemy. For instance vs warriors you will reallly only stay in Defensive Stance in the start and after that reside in Battle Stance. The only time you will change stances here is for Intercept/Disarm.
    Vs a mage or hunter for instance, you can expect a lot of stance dancing between all the stances.
    With the said, it is safe to say that if you dislike stance-dancing, you should not play warrior in TBC.
    3. I see some warriors swapping weapons to bring in a shield for reflect, is this normal?
    It is basics. The better warriors will have different gear vs each enemy. Eg a normal PvP shield vs a paladin and the Jagged Obsidian Shield vs mages.
    4. Can you please tell me why a RET pally wouldn't be a better choice considering they can heal themselves?
    As a ret paladin you will be in a similar situation as in that of a warrior. You are fairly easy to kite and CC, the damage is low due to lack of Armor Penetration stats, your spell damage is basically 0 so unlike in Vanilla WoW, your heals will be very weak and your judgements will do very low damage. The difference is that the warrior got better offense while the paladin got a stronger defense.
    5. Are warriors really food for frost mages?
    In most cases, yes. If they are arcane you might aswell go /AFK and read the news because you have no way to catch up to them since Slow got no CD and blink is on 15 sec CD which is the same as Intercept.
    The best warriors beat mages by ooming them out by constantly rotating stances, using throw whenever rooted and making the hp last for as long as possible. In other words it's very rare that you "burst" a mage down.

I do not think you should roll a warrior unless you are prepared to see the ground as a stance-dance floor that you just want to get on. For if you intend to play solo, you need to focus on survival more than burst in order to score a victory.

3. I do not think you should roll a warrior unless you are prepared to see the ground as a stance-dance floor that you just want to get on. For if you intend to play solo, you need to focus on survival more than burst in order to score a victory.

This is probably the best advice and most detailed answer I have ever received in my years gaming! Thanks so much for your honest answers and for really helping me understand what I may be getting into. With that, I don't think I'll be rolling a warrior now as I simply hated stance dancing!

I really like my hunter and am starting to enjoy my mage except for the fact that she's a brand new 70 and with a 1690 GS, she dies in seconds.

Thanks for all your help!

4. Hunters become beasts in S4. If you wish to tear other classes apart, go full PvE with Arp and BM.

5. Hunters become beasts in S4. If you wish to tear other classes apart, go full PvE with Arp and BM.
    Even more so than a mage? I've seen them do some crazy crit combos.

6. Even more so than a mage? I've seen them do some crazy crit combos.
    If you want good burst classes then id say try the following in S4/SWP era:
    BM hunter: Simple to play, weak on defensive tools but the burst is very high both with and without CDs.
    Arcane Mage: You have better defensive tools but a lot of your burst will be tied to CDs, however you are still powerful without them.
    Feral Druid: Can be very bursty but must be played with care.
    Destro Warlock: If you get SWP haste gear and have experience/can time things, it can truly be destructive.
    Elemental Shaman: Full PvE or 50/50 with PvP gear, it will do very well in terms of burst if you can freecast. More difficult if you can't.
    Boomkin: Same gear setup as ele but perhaps even more powerful. The 1 sec wrath spams are darn deadly and the starfire proc works wonders. Combine this with the shapeshifting and HoTs and you have a powerful, mobile yet defensive burster.

7. Ok, last question then...

I also leveled a resto druid but realized I hated playing a healer ALL the time. I LOVED all the shape shifting and being able to escape almost anything though. Are balance druids able to really put out that much DPS? I've always heard that people hated them and if you showed up in a 5-man, you were instantly booted.

8. Ok, last question then...

I also leveled a resto druid but realized I hated playing a healer ALL the time. I LOVED all the shape shifting and being able to escape almost anything though. Are balance druids able to really put out that much DPS? I've always heard that people hated them and if you showed up in a 5-man, you were instantly booted.
    In terms of PvE they are rather weak unless you already sit in SWP/BT/ZA gear. They are darn fun in BGs though.

9. With that, I don't think I'll be rolling a warrior now as I simply hated stance dancing!
    2 button players..when you can't manage simple stance changing, so you hate.
    Binds are on same places just different stance, you don't need 1 more keyboard for each stance.
    Omg. Learn it.
    Or just go play pve..