1. Season 4 Weapon Raiting

Hi guys,

the requirment weapon raiting is 1850 in season 3. Will it be the same for season 4?

And will be the arena points reseted after season 4 will hit?

2. s4 Weps = 2050 rating
    s4 Shoulders = 2200 rating

3. Here's the requirement for all S4 items:
    Shoulders: 2200
    Weapon: 2050
    Helm/Boots: 1700
    Ring: 1650
    Chest: 1600
    Bracers: 1575
    Legs: 1550

The S3 rating requirements for weapon and shoulders go down 50.
    Shoulders: 1950
    Weapon: 1800

4. Not that i'm actually doing arena very much on Warmane, but I don't necessarily agree with this change for the people who do. Yes, it follows the true story of retail, but the reasons behind the change doesn't.

There was rating inflation as majority of PvE'rs used PvP gear to quickly setup to raid as well as overall participation that Blizzard didn't initially expect. Rating from then on generally correlated with Rival, a % base that I'm pretty sure 2050 doesn't correlate to here. In fact, look at 2200?

So, if we actually follow through with this, the only people who would have S4 shoulders would be Gladiators/Rank 1 players here (would-be etc.) which definitely was never the case on live, and if it were the case, the change would've never went through.

1 edeghjgd Rembo Zileri Alliance Outland 143 60 2301
    2 narcotraficante Rapuncel Chickenman Alliance Outland 139 32 2290
    3 Insecticus for RUSaFR Christiaan Powerscoper Alliance Outland 115 19 2244
    4 team part two Accoast Simplygifted Horde Outland 90 14 2213
    5 security alert Shonuff Alliance Outland 273 52 2210
    6 Ah j ai mal a la queue Spottman Petraxs Alliance Outland 89 28 2205
    7 RDRDRD Atlasloot Traff Alliance Outland 88 9 2204

There's presently 14 people getting S4 shoulders out of the entire participation of the ladder in 2's,

1 huge brain Redpanda Daiquiry Grayworld Horde Outland 157 30 2320
    2 RAPETRAIN NO BREAKS Trotanoob Frenk Xyzhz Alliance Outland 176 45 2300
    3 sad boy Amomarijuan Dawtz Itsinquis Horde Outland 109 12 2270
    4 The Knight Captains Hotgrill Sleazysusie Greasygeorge Alliance Outland 163 38 2235
    5 idc for you nerds Venchenko Hironaldo Chung Horde Outland 123 26 2212

There's another 15 from 3's

1 HandlingSensitiveMatters Tokash Sanchezxzopq Itsgucci Pandectae Rngrngrngrng Yarruh Horde Outland 103 16 2320
    2 malaria convention Willertons Frenk Mukorado Jaakux Maoqiu Alliance Outland 109 15 2286
    3 jerry rice is my dad Nigolebigger Xyzhz Noonz Tiltmannx Eazygamebc Alliance Outland 202 44 2282
    4 skipadap bap boom skiaap Christiaan Skiaap Kadaxd Fogle Adriaan Dlz Lillsvart Alliance Outland 178 16 2274
    5 CAVEMEN Redpanda Catharsisx Daiquiry Badjay Watzgud Dhammapada Redkoala Horde Outland 158 35 2222
    6 Asnee and his frends Wolster Minikula Crunx Rezenza Sagii Horde Outland 164 44 2222
    7 Heroism Xema Xemaa Xemab Xemac Xemad Qusia Alliance Outland 227 109 2202

35 from 5's

64 people on this server will have S4 shoulders assuming that none of these people are playing with each other in another bracket (lol right) for both horde and alliance.

Let's just say that the participation is even for the sake of being simple, and that there is no repeats, that's roughly 32 per people per faction. And that is being extremely optimistic, I would assume the number is closer to 23-24.

I mean is that really 10% of the pop? 23-24 ppl per faction? Seems uh a bit low? And why is Gladiator/Duelist a gear cutoff? lol?

Rating/Gear req's weren't some arbitrary number that Blizzard just threw around. So few people ended up getting the full S4 on live that they actually removed req's completely outside of weapons the next expansion. 2200 was always the tier 2/elite set (cata), but 2200 was never anywhere near Duelist or Glad.

My two cents.
    Edited: March 27, 2018

5. Speaking as someone who probably won't get 2.2k (I'm 2k atm, can see getting 2050 maybe in S4 but doubt I can get 2.2k), I don't think the stats you quoted are that bad.

Yes it's very harsh, yes very few people will get it, but so what? Gear power difference of a S3 shoulder + rest S4 person vs full S4 person is negligible, it's just a status symbol.

Let's not forget that the eventual sad fate of this server is to become TBC Icecrown where people can just buy S4 shoulder off the store for coins. In the meantime before then, may as well leave them as a status symbol and a goal to work towards (lots of teams burn out at 2000 in S3)

6. It is suppose to be harsh, that's the reason for raiting requirement on shoulders. It's the worst upgrade so ppl don't need them to progress. It's just a symbol for good players and it should stay that way.

Personally I feel like 2,2 in 5s is not enough, but ye, they won't change that. 5s is where the bad players get shoulders.

7. Personally I feel like 2,2 in 5s is not enough, but ye, they won't change that. 5s is where the bad players get shoulders.
    Imo its good that 5s is active enough to reach the rating requirements for the shoulders.
    There are specs such as Hpala or ele shami that only really shine in the 5s bracket.
    Not everybody plays rog, mage, rdudu, warr or slsl lock to rock in the 2s and 3s brackets.
    Edited: March 30, 2018

8. It is suppose to be harsh, that's the reason for raiting requirement on shoulders. It's the worst upgrade so ppl don't need them to progress. It's just a symbol for good players and it should stay that way.

Personally I feel like 2,2 in 5s is not enough, but ye, they won't change that. 5s is where the bad players get shoulders.
    Speaking as someone who probably won't get 2.2k (I'm 2k atm, can see getting 2050 maybe in S4 but doubt I can get 2.2k), I don't think the stats you quoted are that bad.

Yes it's very harsh, yes very few people will get it, but so what? Gear power difference of a S3 shoulder + rest S4 person vs full S4 person is negligible, it's just a status symbol.

Let's not forget that the eventual sad fate of this server is to become TBC Icecrown where people can just buy S4 shoulder off the store for coins. In the meantime before then, may as well leave them as a status symbol and a goal to work towards (lots of teams burn out at 2000 in S3)
    I think you're both missing the point.

The titles for Rank 1 and Gladiator were the status symbol. Those titles came with a mount, something nobody else but them could achieve. They were not supposed to coexist with the status symbols for Duelist, Arena Master, or Rival: the shoulders and in the latter case the weapon, which is what they represented on live.

I'm not really sure how else better I could have explained that. If it is not an issue for the 1.5%-10% that they are getting, well, theoretically shafted, then so be it. But do understand why the changes were made on live, and that it wasn't simply made just to mess with people.

I mean, why do you think they were changed in the first place, then? I mean, what was the reason for you?

It wasn't arbitrarily because Blizzard had decided only people of some fictitious number would achieve virtual items, the changed reflected a change in the player population (inflation).

Frankly, I really have a hard time understanding why it seems to be that so many people are simply okay with being half-right all the time with the whole "truth scares me "attitude". This is not a hivemind culture, is it?

I'm sure you don't want to 'poke the bear' about the arena situation, I'm just merely reflecting on facts from the ladder. If you are okay with live and warmane being different with one more thing, than fine. But don't attempt to claim that it, well, makes sense, or try to draw some invisible line from one fact to another.

The rating systems were changed for many seasons, again, based on population. For example, 2200 in Season 8 was the Tier 2 Elite Weapon, because there was a 1850 one. In season 9, the very next season, it was just a color. In season 1-whatever in Legion 2k is now the color instead of 2200 and this time not even the weapon changes stats.

They're all arbitrary numbers but this specific change was mostly pointed towards the influx of BG9 aka Bloodlust and and the unpredicted and somewhat unprecedented Arena inflation of what would become 'megaservers' such as Tichondrius.

But please, stop pretending it makes sense. It doesn't make sense to you, because it can't. And it can't make sense because you clearly didn't know any of this and are just being agreeable to a change you didn't fully understand. It doesn't make sense that only .5% of a player population (the participant population) would receive S4 shoulders only, now does it? And It doesn't make sense that only the top 3% would receive weapons, now does it? That's a little bit more stacked than sunwell, now isn't it? Remember, these are participation numbers.

And to the guy saying that 2.2K here (which, again, is an imaginary number representative of a %) is 'lol', bro: I can promise you that you don't even speak with a person who is multi-rank1 from live because that's what you're insisting here.

Do I think players on Warmane Arena of 2200 caliber are 2200 caliber live/even retail of WoW? Hell no. Do I think they deserve live titles? You're joking me. Do I think they deserve the titles/gear against their peers for which they've clearly earned? Of course I do.

Like I said, stop drawing lines where lines aren't drawn. Chances are you've never been Rank1 anything so who are you bashing? Sure, 5's is less skillful, and you know that from hindsight, don't you? Well, you seemed to be cool with hindsight making sense for 5's titles/rewards, but simply don't care that the whole artificial gating process for PvP is f'ing silly, do you?

You kind of want to be competitive but kind of don't, only when it suits you? You want to complain about 5's getting titles/gear but then say nothing about the ridiculous advantage old players have versus new? Oh but that one's okay? rofl. Grind vs P2W, no issues? But 5's? That's your red line? (wow, surprised how many times line can be an accessible term)

I'm not doing this for me. I don't care about impressing you or your 'homies' who are convinced you're all the next hydra, it's chill. Was just trying to help out the li'l guy who might kind of deserve his imaginary season 4 shoulders, but y'know what, let's keep pretending to be elitist and that we face anybody with a recognizable name whatsoever. That's chill. Let's do that.
    Edited: March 30, 2018

9. Not that i'm actually doing arena very much on Warmane, but I don't necessarily agree with this change for the people who do. Yes, it follows the true story of retail, but the reasons behind the change doesn't.

There was rating inflation as majority of PvE'rs used PvP gear to quickly setup to raid as well as overall participation that Blizzard didn't initially expect. Rating from then on generally correlated with Rival, a % base that I'm pretty sure 2050 doesn't correlate to here. In fact, look at 2200?

So, if we actually follow through with this, the only people who would have S4 shoulders would be Gladiators/Rank 1 players here (would-be etc.) which definitely was never the case on live, and if it were the case, the change would've never went through.

1 edeghjgd Rembo Zileri Alliance Outland 143 60 2301
    2 narcotraficante Rapuncel Chickenman Alliance Outland 139 32 2290
    3 Insecticus for RUSaFR Christiaan Powerscoper Alliance Outland 115 19 2244
    4 team part two Accoast Simplygifted Horde Outland 90 14 2213
    5 security alert Shonuff Alliance Outland 273 52 2210
    6 Ah j ai mal a la queue Spottman Petraxs Alliance Outland 89 28 2205
    7 RDRDRD Atlasloot Traff Alliance Outland 88 9 2204

There's presently 14 people getting S4 shoulders out of the entire participation of the ladder in 2's,

1 huge brain Redpanda Daiquiry Grayworld Horde Outland 157 30 2320
    2 RAPETRAIN NO BREAKS Trotanoob Frenk Xyzhz Alliance Outland 176 45 2300
    3 sad boy Amomarijuan Dawtz Itsinquis Horde Outland 109 12 2270
    4 The Knight Captains Hotgrill Sleazysusie Greasygeorge Alliance Outland 163 38 2235
    5 idc for you nerds Venchenko Hironaldo Chung Horde Outland 123 26 2212

There's another 15 from 3's

1 HandlingSensitiveMatters Tokash Sanchezxzopq Itsgucci Pandectae Rngrngrngrng Yarruh Horde Outland 103 16 2320
    2 malaria convention Willertons Frenk Mukorado Jaakux Maoqiu Alliance Outland 109 15 2286
    3 jerry rice is my dad Nigolebigger Xyzhz Noonz Tiltmannx Eazygamebc Alliance Outland 202 44 2282
    4 skipadap bap boom skiaap Christiaan Skiaap Kadaxd Fogle Adriaan Dlz Lillsvart Alliance Outland 178 16 2274
    5 CAVEMEN Redpanda Catharsisx Daiquiry Badjay Watzgud Dhammapada Redkoala Horde Outland 158 35 2222
    6 Asnee and his frends Wolster Minikula Crunx Rezenza Sagii Horde Outland 164 44 2222
    7 Heroism Xema Xemaa Xemab Xemac Xemad Qusia Alliance Outland 227 109 2202

35 from 5's

64 people on this server will have S4 shoulders assuming that none of these people are playing with each other in another bracket (lol right) for both horde and alliance.

Let's just say that the participation is even for the sake of being simple, and that there is no repeats, that's roughly 32 per people per faction. And that is being extremely optimistic, I would assume the number is closer to 23-24.

I mean is that really 10% of the pop? 23-24 ppl per faction? Seems uh a bit low? And why is Gladiator/Duelist a gear cutoff? lol?

Rating/Gear req's weren't some arbitrary number that Blizzard just threw around. So few people ended up getting the full S4 on live that they actually removed req's completely outside of weapons the next expansion. 2200 was always the tier 2/elite set (cata), but 2200 was never anywhere near Duelist or Glad.

My two cents.
    maybe people just dgaf about arena on a funserver with a shop lol

10. maybe people just dgaf about arena on a funserver with a shop lol

Noted and highly plausible. Still, thought the effort/argument should be made while there's still time to make it. I suppose at this rate we could have flying moonkins in Sunwell and it wouldn't be that drastic.