1. A different take on which class/role to pick

Hey guys, I hope im posting this in the right place.

I'm looking for a bit of advice on which role to play; I primarily enjoy PvE endgame.
    I've never played TBC (played a lot of pvp on wotlk retail) and I'm struggling a bit to figure out which class to pick & which role to fill.

The most fun I've had in wow are with the "minigames" of raids in Cataclysm; for example healing and dispelling of the debuff in Argaloth fight i found tremendously fun. ( played holy priest, and I loved being "needed" for raids)
    I'm looking to play a role/class that has "that" kind of role in the raid. An exampe could be vital dispelling, or using a specific survival mechanic at the right time etc. (input for both tanking and healing are welcome).

Can you guys give any input on some class/role PvE playstyle like that in the endgame content?

Thanks, I hope that my question makes sense!

2. The big problem with TBC is that class-stacking gives insane rewards. Based on what you wrote I suspect a restoration shaman might be the class for you.
    You will provide the Bloodlust/Heroism buff for burst moments, you will use totems and dispell stuff.
    Considering that endgame will be SWP, shamans will be multi-stacked (I bet on 5-6+ per raid) and the only critical role I can think of in terms of dispelling would be as a priest on Felmyst as Mass Dispel is a must.
    Same goes for DPS. You can expect to see a ton of warlocks, a SP or or two, no mages and a few rogues/hunters.

3. If you wanna dispell then i'd play holy priest in PvE..
    If "needed" you can go disc for some fights for an "oh sh**" pain suppression for heavy tank damage phases (like enrages at Mother).
    Dispell mechanics you can dispell magic (Which most raid fight based debuffs are, HoJ at Council, for example).
    You also provide possibly the best healing output in game.

You become even more valuable the more the game progresses. You're a walking GOD at most Sunwell fights (Seriousl, it's DESIGNED with your Cirlce of Healing in mind).

If you want THE MOST IMPORTANT DISPELL MECHANIC IN THE EXPANSION, it gets no more important than gas bomb at Felmyst, where you'll be requiring 2/3 priests mass dispelling in under a second or you'll probably wipe or at least lose people.
    Ditto the above for M'uru (although shadow priests can do that one just as well).

Priest is the choice for you my friend.

Edit - Guy above me is clueless. "Very few rogues/hunter".. the 2 best dps classes in game and it's not close, you'll see much more than a few of them.

4. Edit - Guy above me is clueless. "Very few rogues/hunter".. the 2 best dps classes in game and it's not close, you'll see much more than a few of them.
    It is you who are misstaken. Rogues were handpicked after glaives and in spare because melee was far more problematic in fights than ranged. Hunters were picked second hand until their Arp was high enough. The entire Sunwell was crowded with shamans and warlocks because they suited the fights better.

Now a holy priest can be a good choice for him if he really wants to dispell stuff, but in the late game, it is crucial for one fight and that's it. The bottom line is that he will be competing with a ton of other priests, while as a shaman the likelyhood for him to get a spot is much higher.
    Edited: March 22, 2018

5. It is you who are misstaken. Rogues were handpicked after glaives and in spare because melee was far more problematic in fights than ranged. Hunters were picked second hand until their Arp was high enough. The entire Sunwell was crowded with shamans and warlocks because they suited the fights better.

Now a holy priest can be a good choice for him if he really wants to dispell stuff, but in the late game, it is crucial for one fight and that's it. The bottom line is that he will be competing with a ton of other priests, while as a shaman the likelyhood for him to get a spot is much higher.
    Yeh, you just showed that you're clueless.

I mean, this isn't retail, people aren't clueless anymore. Excalibre server for example found that the optimal setup for a Sunwell speed clear had ONE warlock and AT LEAST 13 Hunters.... But, if you think warlocks are more suited for the fights, have at it. ;)

6. Cousy might be right due to hunter stacking. Think about 5 bms with nearly bis gear>4k DPS min.

7. Yeh, you just showed that you're clueless.

I mean, this isn't retail, people aren't clueless anymore. Excalibre server for example found that the optimal setup for a Sunwell speed clear had ONE warlock and AT LEAST 13 Hunters.... But, if you think warlocks are more suited for the fights, have at it. ;)
    You need to seperate progression raids from speed runs. Speed runs occur when you have such vast amounts of gear that almost every raider is fully decked out on top of having very good knowledge of the raid mechanics and the guild tactics, but that won't be the case in the start or for the midterm, even our current BT raids on Outland shows you that.

It is true that with full BiS you have a high incentive to bring more hunters due to the power of Arp, but by the time you got 13 hunters with BiS gear the SWP gear will have been on the store for a long time. Warlocks are loved simply due to the fact that they deal very good DPS even without T6,5 whilst still being quite resilient (they are also somewhat abundant in TBC). After all a class is not optimal for a fight just because it can do a lot of damage, there are more things to consider and I trust you know this.

Last but not least, any particular reason for all the spite and jeering? I reckon I have not ended up in a fight with you before.

Edit: @Peregrine, indeed although rogues will challenge them, but imagine them in BGs. ^^
    Edited: March 23, 2018