1. What's the thought on ring of the valor ?

What's warmane staff's thought on the arena ring of the valor ?
    Do they plan to add it someday ? Or why did they decide not to put it in game please ? I can't find the answere on the web

Thanks

2. Most likely not.

3. Ok but why ? Was it like that on retail ?

4. It was added in patch 4.2, so it is not a part of wrath of the lich king

Edit:
    My mistake, it was revamped in 4.2 and unused prior to wrath. As to when it will be implemented, it is currently unknown

5. No it was not, it's needed in an achivment and you can find some video of ppl doing arenas in this during wotlk retail

6. It was added in patch 4.2, so it is not a part of wrath of the lich king
    World Wide Winner, as stated by Krarr, requires you to win in the Ring of Valor.

7. That's indeed what I was talking about

8. Most likely not.
    I must say that, although I'm not particularly in favor of adding the Ring of Valor to the current available arena sites as it favors certain classes (namely, warlocks), I still find it a bit strange to get such an anti-blizzlike response from the Warmane staff, when Blizzlike seems to be the company's philosophy.

9. I must say that, although I'm not particularly in favor of adding the Ring of Valor to the current available arena sites as it favors certain classes (namely, warlocks), I still find it a bit strange to get such an anti-blizzlike response from the Warmane staff, when Blizzlike seems to be the company's philosophy.
    The answer isn't anti-Blizzlike.

I've answered this question a number of times before.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2836210

Feel free to do your own research on it.

10. The answer isn't anti-Blizzlike.

I've answered this question a number of times before.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2836210

Feel free to do your own research on it.
    The original version of Ring of Valor is unbalanced [...] and it's a problematic arena to have working properly. Don't believe me? Read here. You can see there that they even had it disabled for a time period of over 5 months, and lots of modifications were made to it. And as you can see in these same patch notes, the arena was "temporarily" disabled (mid-MoP expansion) - and still has yet to be re-enabled even today in Legion.
    Isn't considering what happened to the Ring of Valor once WOTLK was over an anachronism?
    I do agree that it's unbalanced, but it's still required for a few achievements, including The Arena Master.

I understand Warmane's point and that my opinion is irrelevant on this matter, but I still believe a compromise can be made.

11. Isn't considering what happened to the Ring of Valor once WOTLK was over an anachronism?
    If it were put in the game in a perfectly "blizzlike" fashion (as in, how it existed in the Wrath expansion), it would be buggy as hell and create an unenjoyable experience for most people who participate in it. Then we would need to be sure to disable it once in a while for months at a time, just like Blizzard did. That really isn't something that would be wise to invest development time in.

This is one of the reasons I take issue with the "blizzlike" argument so many people like to use. The staff doesn't operate on a purely "blizzlike" philosophy. Instead, it is better to weigh and make arguments and counter-arguments about what should and should not be in the game, whether it is blizzlike or not.
    Examples would be transmog scrolls are not a "blizzlike" feature, but having a week where Seal of Vengeance ticks for 100k would be blizzlike. The word is not a be-all, end-all argument or viewpoint. It is very short-sighted and a narrow-minded way to approach development.
    I understand Warmane's point and that my opinion is irrelevant on this matter, but I still believe a compromise can be made.
    Sure, a compromise could be made, such as scripting and adding the arena for skirmish-only, or allowing the achievement to be completed without needing to participate in that arena. Or something of the sort. I think that approach would be a much better solution to the issue with the achievement than to make the arena accessible in arena queues and disrupt the experience of competitive players.