1. Best PVP class in Icecrown

Hi all, so im fairly new to WOTLK in general, i played from cata mainly onwards till legion.
    and over the years, i understood that skill > class ..if you have the skill for any class, you will dominate the battle grounds.
    However, aside from that..some classes are just broken op in some expansions.. and some are just messed up, like how the warlock is messed up in legion..they just ****ed it up..

so this is what i am mainly concerned about..saying you have an equal skill for all classes... and that you are comfy with alll classes and rotations and bull****..
    what's broken op here in icecrown when it comes to pvp?

i heard pallys and DK's are on top of the charts..but what about warlocks and their dots...that used to be broken op around cata..

i am mainly concerned between ( warlocks - pally - DK - rouges - warriors - hunters and maybe maybe priest ) those are the classes that i played for years and years and im fairly good in them..others are useless to me since im not skilled in any way to even bother playing them in pvp

im open for any ideas or suggestions.. and im willing to put in sleepless nights and as much hours as needed to gain enough skills to get on top of any chart..but a solid base helps alot..so i want to start with a solid character..and leave the skills part on me..i will gain them eventually

and if your gonna comment skill > class..i will clap for how lonely you are :p

2. for what purpose? bgs? arenas? 2s? 3s?
    casters are strong in all aspects

3. for what purpose? bgs? arenas? 2s? 3s?
    casters are strong in all aspects
    i will try to focus on rated arenas mostly 2s ..and some times rated bgs as well..
    a class thats op in both would be super decent..but if thats a fairy tail..then tell me whats broken in bg and arenas each alone ))

4. Pala prolly overal is best. 2's war pala obv. 3's lsp/thunder/wlp/php. in bg's ret/hpala are equally good i guess but ret is actually fun to play even tho its easier. Don't think palas are broken tho.
    Classes aren't rly broken imo, its the comps such as war/pala and lock ele sham are prolly most broken comps. Well gotta contradict myself abit here, unholy dk's are a tad bit broken when it comes to bg's but dk's have no tier1 comps in arena.

5. lol best class :D
    double lol someone ask it on forum again
    every troll knows that enhancement shaman is best class just no one can master it ;D

6. The way I see it, it depends on what kind of PvP and scenario you’re interested:

1. If you’re interested in obtaining Shadowmourne go for Arms Warrior or Uh DK and retribution paladin is ok if you’re going to stay away from high arena rating or you will be a problem there.
    2. If you’re not donating for Smourne, go RDPS(MDPS without smourne are just OK, nothing more). I’d go for ELE, Lock, Boomkin(most fun in BG’s) - ele giving you great potential for 3v3.
    3. Healers: If you’re into arena’s, I’d pick Hpally or Rdudu. For BG’s all healer specs are good.
    4. If you want Ultimate Fun and can’t get Smourne for that DK/Warr, go with Enha or Frost, they are very interesting specs.
    Edited: March 29, 2018

7. The way I see it, it depends on what kind of PvP and scenario you’re interested:

1. If you’re interested in obtaining Shadowmourne go for Arms Warrior or Uh DK, retribution paladin is ok if you’re going to stay away from arena.
    2. If you’re not donating for Smourne, go RDPS(MDPS without smourne are just OK, nothing more). I’d go for ELE or Lock - ele giving you great potential for 3v3.
    3. Healers: If you’re into arena’s, I’d pick Hpally or Rdudu. For BG’s all healer specs are good.
    4. If you want Ultimate Fun and can’t get Smourne for that DK/Warr, go with Enha or Frost, they are very interesting specs.
    While reading your commment, I feel like you believe SM is only obtainable by donating, like it used to be. :?

8. That’s how it was 6-7 years ago when I played on Deathwing here. Anyhow, I believe that it’s very long way to Shadowmourne, even if you’re hardcore raider.

9. Shadow priest, mage, unholy dk, arms warrior, in that order. The other classes are much more situation dependent than the mentioned ones.
    Healing classes are all overpowered in Wow generally, especially for 1v1 battle, even for bis warriors sometimes. So, healing classes are all situation dependent and all good, with pala taking 1st place for 2s.
    People who speak about retribution being best in PvP are very pessimistic in life and don't want to see the other side of a coin or have no idea what they talk about. It's a support class for crying out loud. Retribution is fun vs some classes in duels, fun with burst once in a while in battlegrounds and that's it. People roll retri because of raw damage and burst. That's the most situation dependent class ever. You may also get lucky in arenas or have a good marksman with you. Otherwise, it's not even worth mentioning. Unlike shadow priests, for example. Spriest can counter everything and anything, like mages, and yet no one speaks about them. Shadowmourne was given by Blizzard to plates to cheer them up, because no skill on Earth's gonna save you from mages or spriests. Counting they are equally geared and skilled of course. The only thing braking this puzzle is an unholy deathknight, who can sometimes also be beaten by cloth nonetheless. So, welcome to the World of Warcloth and Healers. While all that may (very likely) or may not (unlikely) be true, smourners do very high bursts, so if they have the advantage of coming any way near you, you are toast. And that is why it's much more fun, it's faster, you don't have to wait for cast or 1v1 situation, you just hit and run.
    I wish rogues could ambush with 2h weapons, now that would be fun.

10. Best PvP class? The one that just killed you.

On more serious side. Plate melees seems to be popular, for a reason.

11. Warlock/FMage is the most efficient class against all the rest IMO. But there is a plague of Ret/DK on this server, specially in BG, should be for a reason.

12. But there is a plague of Ret/DK on this server, specially in BG, should be for a reason.
    I can see where are you coming from with that DK, but Retri? People pick it only because in order to own almost every BG you need $400 and the lowest amount of skill compared to other classes.

Now that I talk about it, it sounds fun LOL

13. I can see where are you coming from with that DK, but Retri? People pick it only because in order to own almost every BG you need $400 and the lowest amount of skill compared to other classes.

Now that I talk about it, it sounds fun LOL
    wdym $400? all you need is a good wep and trinket
    shadowmourne is 150c and dv hc is 21c :Thonk:

on the contrary, a caster only needs 23c for lk wep + 23c for a cts

then again, everything in this game is farmable, so you can get it all for 0c
    Edited: March 30, 2018

14. Every class is good in their own right but since you say you want to do arenas, if you check the ladder its almost all Warrior Paladin xD
    Warriors with healers are really strong in both bgs and arenas
    Ret paladin is also viable in 2s to reach high rating with Hunter or Disc Priest.

Overall I'd say Paladin is better than Warrior because you have more options with comps
    Warrior Holy Paladin
    Hunter Ret Paladin
    Disc Priest Ret Paladin
    etc

Also, Holy Paladins are extremely useful in bgs because of the overpowered talent SACRED CLEANSING xD

12 Last