1. Leveling tailoring is a miserable experience, very low drop rate on cloth!

I've played on several private servers, but this is by far the worst as far as cloth drops go. Mining, you see the nodes you mine the nodes... Herbalism, you see the herb, you pick the herb.. skinning... you kill a beast and skin it.. every beast has a skin, every mining node has an ore and every herb node has an herb..Humanoids are supposed to drop cloth (since they wear clothing?) however, it seems 90% of humanoid mobs are nudists. There is a bottle neck at both mageweave and more so at rune cloth. Now I don't mind killing 2 or 3 mobs to get a couple rune cloth, but when you have to kill 10 to 15 for a single bit of cloth, that is ridiculous!
    Most private servers refer to wowhead for which mobs drop which items, or archived posts, apparently warmane refers to cavernsoftime, but that is a lich king database, utterly worthless (or very inaccurate) for BC farming purposes.

Now just to prove that I am not whining here, I suggest warmane staff actually level tailoring, on a new character (no fair killing lev 5 kobolds on your 70 paladin)
    Not only is this cloth shortage affecting tailoring, it is also affecting enchanting, since most enchanters are tailors, and enchanting mats mostly come from drops and crafted items.

2. Anecdotally, none of this was my experience in leveling tailoring (twice on this server).

Perhaps you are having issues in that you are out-leveling the content before you've gathered proper materials? If that is the case, it's really not an issue of drop rates, but of experience rates, and that isn't going to change.

If you're just picking up random cloth drops from mobs as you level, you will fall short of your quotas for keeping Tailoring up to par. However, if you take the time to dedicate farming for the materials you need, cloth is the least of any worries I've had (as compared to mining and herbalism).

3. What's your ingame name?

4. I've played on several private servers, but this is by far the worst as far as cloth drops go. Mining, you see the nodes you mine the nodes... Herbalism, you see the herb, you pick the herb.. skinning... you kill a beast and skin it.. every beast has a skin, every mining node has an ore and every herb node has an herb..Humanoids are supposed to drop cloth (since they wear clothing?) however, it seems 90% of humanoid mobs are nudists. There is a bottle neck at both mageweave and more so at rune cloth. Now I don't mind killing 2 or 3 mobs to get a couple rune cloth, but when you have to kill 10 to 15 for a single bit of cloth, that is ridiculous!
    Most private servers refer to wowhead for which mobs drop which items, or archived posts, apparently warmane refers to cavernsoftime, but that is a lich king database, utterly worthless (or very inaccurate) for BC farming purposes.

Now just to prove that I am not whining here, I suggest warmane staff actually level tailoring, on a new character (no fair killing lev 5 kobolds on your 70 paladin)
    Not only is this cloth shortage affecting tailoring, it is also affecting enchanting, since most enchanters are tailors, and enchanting mats mostly come from drops and crafted items.
    Plenty humanoids all over the world who drop cloth.Google which zone drop which cloth.I never had any issues,you are the first person i ever saw (not just here) complaining about tailoring.Netherweave cloth drop chance is 80% or so,same goes with every other cloth.just go around and kill humanoids.I

If u cba,then u gotta buy those off AH,get ready to spend good 1600-2000 gold to get it to 375.

5. My character level has nothing to do with the number of items mobs drop. No idea where this concept of "out leveling" comes from. If I kill 100 mobs at level 60 or 100 mobs at level 70 the actually drop rate is going to be exactly the same per 100 kills.

6. I've been farming rune cloth outside black rock depths. Normally, you get about lots. I've given up farming the cloth, and switched to farming linen, disenchanting and selling the strange dust to buy the rune cloth. I will say mageweave was also slow, but farming trolls in hinterlands for mageweave wasn't to bad, considering they had a high drop rate of wildvine as well. I'm also able to make some gold while leveling from 20 slot ench bags so that helps a bit with runecloth as well.
    Also.. different humanoids have different drop rates of the same cloth. (provided they are same level).