1. Most Needed Classes?

Heya folks!

So I've been playing TBC and am really interested in trying out Wrath as I did play the expansion back in retail. Sill, I was wondering which classes are the most needed in groups. I've heard that warlocks and hunters are needed for DPS and druids for tanks?

Anyways, what do you all suggest?

2. Wotlk expansion is played a lot and has been for a while. If you're looking for a spec in dungeon, tank is definitely a must. As for the class, I think prot pal is the best tank spec, and levelling as ret pal is the easiest (maybe after dk?) so I'd say choose between dk and pal.

3. Wotlk expansion is played a lot and has been for a while. If you're looking for a spec in dungeon, tank is definitely a must. As for the class, I think prot pal is the best tank spec, and levelling as ret pal is the easiest (maybe after dk?) so I'd say choose between dk and pal.
    Thanks for the reply! It's sad but back in the retail days, I never gave a DK much of a chance because, well, EVERYONE was playing one. So, I just ignored the class and went on my merry way. I've been reading about a DK for the last hour or so and it actually does sound pretty fun. It sort of sucks that I have to level a character to 55 first in order to play one. Or, did that change on Warmane servers?

4. He’s right when it comes to tank, but no paladin. I bet that 2/3 of tanks are prot paladins.. Go Feral since you’re new and can’t go for blood DK.

Any healer will do it, but if you want a place in a RAID as rdps start with boomkin/ele/lock.

In general, it all depends what you prefer. Just avoid MdPs and hunters.

Edit: For your last reply: DK definitely is most fun when it comes to tanking. PvPing as DK is too, and nooo, Warmane didn’t change that.
    Edited: March 28, 2018

5. Thanks for the reply! It's sad but back in the retail days, I never gave a DK much of a chance because, well, EVERYONE was playing one. So, I just ignored the class and went on my merry way. I've been reading about a DK for the last hour or so and it actually does sound pretty fun. It sort of sucks that I have to level a character to 55 first in order to play one. Or, did that change on Warmane servers?
    It didn't. But it doesn't matter much, since dk levelling starts at lvl 55.

Edit: I don't think druid is a good tank spec in wotlk because of ICC since you lose in dodge.
    Edited: March 28, 2018

6. Just avoid MdPs and hunters.
    Why, what happened to hunters? I played one in vanilla and had a hunter alt all the way through TBC. They were a pain in the butt in PvP due to rogues/warriors and their damage was kind of "meh" in raiding. Still, they were fun to mess around with and it was super easy to find gear for them.

7. Nothing is wrong with them excel ot that people tend to pick hunters often and it ends up too many. Overall, hunters in WOTLK are pretty good but he asked for something that’s going to grant him place in raids for sure.

8. It didn't. But it doesn't matter much, since dk levelling starts at lvl 55.

Edit: I don't think druid is a good tank spec in wotlk because of ICC since you lose in dodge.
    Dudu is more than enough for ICC. Their healthpool with adequate healing compensates for any dodge loss. I don’t remember having any problems tanking Sindra and LK, and I can’t say that I was ever some kind of pro tank.

9. Why, what happened to hunters? I played one in vanilla and had a hunter alt all the way through TBC. They were a pain in the butt in PvP due to rogues/warriors and their damage was kind of "meh" in raiding. Still, they were fun to mess around with and it was super easy to find gear for them.
    Hunters are godtier dps in wotlk (at least in pve) so many people are playing it. As such, there's a lot of competition for them.

10. Dudu is one of the best tanks in Wotlk even though he looses dodge. The world first in retail was made with a dudu btw :D.

The reason druid tank is very good is because he gets a very big hp pool and can tank anything. If u just stack stamina on him u should be easily above the other tanks with 10k hp at the same item level.

And as for the other tanks all of them have their perks. Paladin has Argent Defender and dk has Icebound Fortitude. Any of these 3 are viable tanks u can go to raids with till lk 25 hc. The black sheep of the expansion as a tank is the warrior. You dont see many of them cause they are not that good in what they bring to the table and in defensive cds.

Anyway if u want to start the easiest way to do so is on a feral druid tank. Paladin tank has some quirks so to master it u need to have more than a few hours to play on it. And finally the dk tank is a annoying tank to master though it has so much flexibility. The problem is that the dk used to be tank on the frost spec and has many good tanking talents in frost so if u go for blood all the way with the talents you loose so much in frost and there arent any really good guides on him to start you up. The main issue with the dk from my pov is that you must make your own personalized build for him after playing a lot through raids cause there are split opinions on which talent build is the best way to go.

11. Dudu is one of the best tanks in Wotlk even though he looses dodge. The world first in retail was made with a dudu btw :D.

The reason druid tank is very good is because he gets a very big hp pool and can tank anything. If u just stack stamina on him u should be easily above the other tanks with 10k hp at the same item level.

And as for the other tanks all of them have their perks. Paladin has Argent Defender and dk has Icebound Fortitude. Any of these 3 are viable tanks u can go to raids with till lk 25 hc. The black sheep of the expansion as a tank is the warrior. You dont see many of them cause they are not that good in what they bring to the table and in defensive cds.

Anyway if u want to start the easiest way to do so is on a feral druid tank. Paladin tank has some quirks so to master it u need to have more than a few hours to play on it. And finally the dk tank is a annoying tank to master though it has so much flexibility. The problem is that the dk used to be tank on the frost spec and has many good tanking talents in frost so if u go for blood all the way with the talents you loose so much in frost and there arent any really good guides on him to start you up. The main issue with the dk from my pov is that you must make your own personalized build for him after playing a lot through raids cause there are split opinions on which talent build is the best way to go.
    Wat? Paladin tank is FAR easier to learn and master than druid. By a mile. Bear in mind (get it?) I am not saying Druid isn't a great tank, they are. But to master, Prot Pal is far easier.
    Edited: April 2, 2018