1. AntiWAR operation.

Hello ppl of warmane!
    Want to hear your opinion about playstyle and tactics against war-pal teams at high rate (2.5+).
    Especially tactics for unhDK-ret and unhDK-h.pala.
    How to survive as retry under warr's pressure?

2. UH DK lacks the burst dmg to beat a warr/hpala team. U need to switch to frost DK. Frost has the neccesary burst dmg and CC to beat them.

3. Maybe unhDK-h.pala can force war-pal to oom?

And how about ret-unhDK?
    They have good dps...

4. The chances of winning a hpal warr as unh dk hpal /ret are quite slim but possible. One way of playing it is basically ooming the enemy hpal because the enemy hpal has to spam dispels while your hpal doesnt. Another way is trying to kill the paladin in a hoj corpse explo burst, but other than that you cant really do much. I honestly dont see you winning a good hpal warr as dk ret.

Frost dk / holy pal works very well versus hpal warr mainly because you have enough cc to keep them locked down and the burst with unbreakable armor out of hungering cold is pretty damn good and can get kills pretty easily.

5. Fdk and Hpala is the way to go. Uh DK/hpala cant beat a good warr/hpala team.
    Not sure about UH DK and ret but they probably struggle even more against this setup.

6. Never tried fdk, but now i definitely will.
    Another one big problem when i ret-unholy vs war-pal is survive as ret.
    Any advices how to survive as ret? Warriors literally smashs my ret even if we kite warrior.
    Our tacics was like: kite 1st freedom, kite bladestorm, and deathgrip+hoj+gargyle and kill one target.

7. The chances of winning a hpal warr as unh dk hpal /ret are quite slim but possible. One way of playing it is basically ooming the enemy hpal because the enemy hpal has to spam dispels while your hpal doesnt. Another way is trying to kill the paladin in a hoj corpse explo burst, but other than that you cant really do much. I honestly dont see you winning a good hpal warr as dk ret.

Frost dk / holy pal works very well versus hpal warr mainly because you have enough cc to keep them locked down and the burst with unbreakable armor out of hungering cold is pretty damn good and can get kills pretty easily.
    Do not give advice if you have no clue what you are talking about nor experience. Ooming enemy hpal as hpal/unh? Please. That may be possible with disc but otherwise you can forget about it.

"Good" and 2.5+ are quite relative. Also this depends bit on your server.

On Icecrown you can infact kill vast majority of holy paladins even if they are "gladiators" or over 2.5k. Even with holy paladin.

Frost is easier but if you insist playing Unholy, look below. Most of things I wrote about also apply to Frost.

Your partner has to heavily assist you with offensive holy shocks when you go for burst. Ideally he uses offensive shock at least twice. Which means if you are dying 24/7 and he has to spam shock for healing, it's harder to land kill.

This advice applies to Icecrown and other servers without Dampening. Playing with Dampening is a lot different.

1) Stay alive. Your mindset needs to be draw or win. It's hard to kill slightly more competent paladins under 10 min. People do mistakes over longer games and you have to do significantly less mistakes than the pal war.

2) Time your burst with trinket procs. D&D + corpse explosion + death coil / icy touch spam should be your standard routine while hpal assists. Ideally you hoj paladin without Sacred Shield, but do not stress it TOO much because you need frequent burst attempts.

If you attempt to burst only rarely, it's likely that he recovers cooldowns between, your chance to kill also is obviously lower if you attempt only seldomly.

3) Gargoyle: I dont think you're going to land kill with gargoyle that often. It's too slow, but you can try to dps paladin down with it. Use your gargoyle ONLY if he doesnt have freedom. Then your gargoyle can do some dps before he gets to LoS. Save Gnaw for aura mastery and make him burn as many cooldowns as possible. It's unlikely you insta gib paladin in HoJ unless he ****ed up really badly and doesnt have trinket.

4) Watch for STS/Taunka procs. Those are game enders so you need to mitigate Taunka procs completely and generally watchout for STS procs.

5) Watch for your paladin's mana. If he's under 10k mana its quite risky to try to go on offensive.

6) Watch your health. If you are constantly dying then its likely that you flop the moment your hpal tries to assist for kill. It's both your and his responsibility.

8. Wow! Looks like mini guide, very grateful to you for it!
    Informative and usefull!

9. Just play with DP, pally can't manage to heal the DK pressure + spam dispel.