1. What does it happen after we report a scamer due trading?

Hello evry1. This topic is related to 1 scam due trading. In next text i wont use any names specific to a situation what happened, tho i will explain situation and ask questions like WHAT NEXT?
    Situation:
    - A guy wisped me for buying 2 items which full price cost is 3400 golds.
    -First screenshot description: Chat between him and me where we did agree to a price and a bag opened soo GMs can see my golds status with current time.
    -Second screenshot description: A guy putted 3400 gold on trade, i have posted my items and clicked trade even before he could scam me.
    After that, a scamer canceled and faked he has to check something first, came back and retrade. As soon as i puted items, he posted 3400 gold and pressed trade. In that second while i was on the way of accepting it, he removed 1 zero and reclicked Trade.
    -Third screenshot description: Picture of bag opened where i did receive 340 gold, and scamers chat where he sad "Your screens means nothing, GMs dosnt have time for this kind of situation. I didnt broke any rulles with this"

I have sucesfully reported this player with screenshots uploaded and short explanation. 3 days later i have received next message:
    An issue from your ticket was taken care of. Kind regards GM Thedrift

Questions:
    1) Does this mean this guy was banned and i wont receive golds or items back? If soo does this mean trade is from now on unsafe since we are not getting compesesion for scams which were done on us.
    2) If its not scenarion in question 1, does this mean this ticket is still getting proceded and i need to wait for an future reply from GMS? (Like i am gessing you guys have some procedures for such kind of situation).

Part which confused me is diference between warmane servers. Like on Loaderen a friend of mine had simmular situation where he got scamed for 10k gold. But he did had screenshots soo GMs returned golds to him after taking care of ticket. Then there was very simmular situation, but this time from totaly diferent GM replying, where he didnt want to give compensation back, but did ban a person who scamed other players.

With all regards, Outland player Chainaa.
    Huge apologize for my bad spelling :)
    Edited: March 29, 2018 Reason: Word spelling

2. I had something like this happen to me. Where a person claimed to have mongoose enchant. I traded the materials for 2 mongoose enchants then to person said " BG POP " left my group and refused to give me my materials back. I had all screen shots, ect... The player ended up getting a 30 day ban. The reason I know this is that, the person messaged me back apologizing after the ban was was lifted on his account. Warmane staff will NOT reimburse you of any lost materials or gold. It sucks, it does happen to the best of us. As far as what the Warmane staff will do for your situation is up to them. They will not tell you what form of punishment was taken IF / ANY were taken at all.

Best Regards
    Edited: March 29, 2018

3. The punishments are in my opinion far too soft. A person scamming another person on, for example, expensive enchanting mats for Mongoose, Soulfrost etc, knows darn well what he/she is doing. Hence I firmly believe that they should be treated like a gold seller/account trader - ban them permanently with no ability to repeal it. If they truly are just having problems on their end (eg: disconnect or something) then give them a chance to return the materials, if they do, leave em be.

As for restoring lost items. It is understandable why the GMs cannot reimburse the materials as it means GMs must be allowed to do so which can have dire remifications (eg corrupted GMs adding gear or other items to players). Hence it is probably for the best to never allow this.
    These are just my opinions on the matter though.

4. Well thats not good inaf. Like i got scamed by some player level 44. Soo he is probably leveling alts for scaming people, while keeping main on totally diferent IP adress... Soo even if they decide to ban that guy, there is no progress in it unless they refond items / golds you have lost. On this way, server will become less and less trustable between members since they will know they are not protected against such scums....
    And again they rly need to set a rull how to handle such situation since as i sad a friend got refunded golds back after getting scumed (tho only diferent between me and friend is that he is a big donor). Does this mean we are depending of luck like which Game Master will read topic? Tho i am sure we already do, since when i did made my post, got replyed from diferent GM which i wont name here, to remake ticket and repost screenshot link, even tho i already did posted it on the end of Ticket. . . Next ticket i made was the same content, exept the link was first sentence . . .

5. Even if they are not allowed to refund items back, they could refund golds. Like sure if its ninjaing in istance, you cant refund anything, but trading is totally diferent region ....

6. Even if they are not allowed to refund items back, they could refund golds. Like sure if its ninjaing in istance, you cant refund anything, but trading is totally diferent region ....
    This just causes an even bigger problem - more inflation. As no gold was lost from the server due to the purchase of the mats, this refund actually results in a permanent gold increase to the overall economy, and that can end in a catastrophe in the long run.

7. This just causes an even bigger problem - more inflation. As no gold was lost from the server due to the purchase of the mats, this refund actually results in a permanent gold increase to the overall economy, and that can end in a catastrophe in the long run.
    Well he can easly just remove the golds from that certen player, and refound to scamed person. Like economy dosnt have anything with it mate.

8. Well he can easly just remove the golds from that certen player, and refound to scamed person. Like economy dosnt have anything with it mate.
    Refunding materials and gold would result in people doing scams.

2 friends,one trade mats to his buddy who can craft item,which he sells to third person.He earns 3-4 k gold,which he sends to another account,while his buddy,who traded mats report it as scam,and get mats or gold refunded.

That way they get away with mats and 3-4 k gold = 5-6 k gold profit for doing nothing.

If i thought of it moment i saw OP,imagine what someone who put his mind into it can think of

If u think they could track ip's and whatnot,they can never be sure who participated in scam(if there's no chat between them = voice com or carefully staged chat to make it look real),and who to ban.U cant just go around and take items from people who bought it off scammers because they might have no clue what's the story behind item they bought.

This could seems like too much hustle for such a low amount of gold,but believe me some people are ready to drop to the lowest level possible in order to earn some gold...anything and everything as long as they don't farm gold themselves.

9. scammed items/gold are never refunded. it's no ones fault but your own if you get scammed.

10. It's been my impression that there is never any compensation for being the victim of a scam. The best you can hope for is to suspend the account of the offender.

From the Reporting Players (Rules & Conduct Subforum) Post (emphasis mine):

Originally Posted by Reporting Players
    If a VALID report was submitted, an In-Game Staff member will look into the matter and suspend scammer's accounts for 30 days. Ban length increases with repeated incidents per account.
    Reports which are missing vital information needed in investigation will usually result in scammer getting away.

This will NOT get you a refund of whatever gold or items you may have lost in the scam. GMs cannot refund any items or gold. This will simply remove the scammer temporarily from the game.

GMs should NOT be your shield against scams. Common sense and caution are the best ways to prevent yourself from scams.