1. Clarification loot rules raids

Hello, I host groups for raids quite often so id like to be sure and not be at risk to be banned.
    So before we start a raid I clearly state that it is MS > OS, yet some ppl will still roll for their OS claiming they will use it for MS while they already have a BIS item MS. For example a shadow priest whit shadow weave shoulders rolls on T4 shoulders. Am i allowed to not give the loot to him? in my eyes i am because i stated its a roll for MS and in this example its not MS for the priest because he is already clearly wearing better. However today i was in a raid and i was told that raid leaders have been banned for doing this.

So the question here what can and can't a raid leader do if someone is being a dick and rolls while having a better item MS.

I would very much like an answer from a GM so i can pugg whit out being afraid of being banned.

2. How about adding to your raid's loot rules "if an item is an obvious downgrade from what you have equipped in your current specialization, it will be considered off-specialization for you even if usable by your current specialization" or something like that?

3. So now we are at the point where unless you explain everything with the tiniest details that have been obvious since 2004, you might get banned. If that's not the epitome of 2018 and the modern behaviour, i just dont know what it is. Autism everywhere...

4. Blowing things out of proportion to whine about them seems much more "epitome of 2018" to me.

5. Erm i feel some hostilety here?
    If u feel offended I am sorry that was not my intent.

Also idk if you are talking to me be about blowing things out of proportion and whining but i just wanna know what to do and be able to lead a decent pugg whit out being at risk to be banned.

So if I understand you correctly I am allowed to deny someone loot when I add "if an item is an obvious downgrade from what you have equipped in your current specialization, it will be considered off-specialization for you even if usable by your current specialization " to my LFM macro / Raid rules ?.
    This only when he is rolling on a downgrade ofc.

Thanks for the fast reply
    Edited: March 31, 2018

6. If all you state is "MS>OS", and a theoretical shadowpriest rolls on T4 shoulderpiece while wearing FSW shoulders, it could feasibly be considered a ninja action on your part if you choose to withhold the piece from him/her despite his wining roll.

It is not for you to determine what is optimal or not in this scenario. Warmane ninja rules are ostensibly only for items that a player cannot physically equip (i.e plate on a priest, staves on a paladin, etc.) or with obscenely inappropriate stats (gear "...of Firey Wrath" on a warrior).

The player in your theoretical scenario may have full intentions to redeem the set piece for the shadow T4 set in order to build multiple sets of gear, or that player may consider the tier setpiece to be more condusive to his/her playstyle (perhaps the player prefers to have some spirit on gear and/or can complete a set-piece bonus). Unless you specify that loot needs to be a clear and present upgrade to the gear they currently have equipped, you may not rightfully withhold it from them by Warmane rules.

If you wish to avoid this scenario, be more elaborate in loot rules. "MS>OS, Loot master reserves right to veto rolls that are not clear upgrades to current gear".

7. So i wanna be a 100% sure here that i am doing the right thing and also follow the rules of Warmane so i am not at risk to be banned.

Could a admin please confirm that I as raid leader am allowed to deny loot to someone if i have clearly stated "Loot master reserves right to veto rolls that are not clear upgrades to current gear" or "if an item is an obvious downgrade from what you have equipped in your current specialization, it will be considered off-specialization for you even if usable by your current specialization"

Also if this is not the way to do it please explain me what a raid leader can do to make sure the right ppl get the item, what do I have to do to be able to give loot to someone who actually needs it MS and not some greedy basterd who wants to gear his OS claiming its for MS.

Looking forward to the answer so i can pug once again :)

PS : it kinda sucks a raid leader has to go true all this just to be able to lead a decent raid.
    Yes in my eyes a raid is not decent if ppl get loot that are not a MS upgrade while others need it MS.
    No offence meant here please do not feel insulted .
    Edited: April 1, 2018