1. Alliance or Horde for solo BG's - Rehashing the subject...

So...

I just hit 80 today and as I've pretty much done everything solo up this point, I decided to drop into WG and then a few BG's just to see how things are. As a frost/tank DK with 236 resilience and 468 defense, I figured I'd survive a few hits. Yeah.. we won't talk about that though.

My question though is what faction is the most effective in general PvP? I'm from the US and in all the matches I saw so far tonight, the Horde was slaughtered! Not defeated - but mercilessly destroyed!

I love my Horde character - it's what I've remember the most about those retail days so I'm not really up to rerolling. Still, I'd like to know if this is the normal pain I should expect or not.

Thanks!

2. horde has always been worse off in bg's. but from what i've been told/seen people say it's not much better on ali side as a solo player. either way your going to get wrecked by bis/near bis players/premades.

3. you can either
    a) (as alliance)wait 10 mins to get a bg pop and have a chance of fighting vs a premade
    or
    b)(as horde) wait 20 seconds for a bg pop, and have a chance of going vs a premade

4. you can either
    a) (as alliance)wait 10 mins to get a bg pop and have a chance of fighting vs a premade
    or
    b)(as horde) wait 20 seconds for a bg pop, and have a chance of going vs a premade
    Are the Alliance queue times really that bad? I wonder why.

5. So...

I just hit 80 today and as I've pretty much done everything solo up this point, I decided to drop into WG and then a few BG's just to see how things are. As a frost/tank DK with 236 resilience and 468 defense, I figured I'd survive a few hits. Yeah.. we won't talk about that though.

My question though is what faction is the most effective in general PvP? I'm from the US and in all the matches I saw so far tonight, the Horde was slaughtered! Not defeated - but mercilessly destroyed!

I love my Horde character - it's what I've remember the most about those retail days so I'm not really up to rerolling. Still, I'd like to know if this is the normal pain I should expect or not.

Thanks!
    I have 1.1k resil and quite often get killed under 5 seconds while healing myself. There are many, many BiS geared people and you’ll get used to it. As far as being DK with noT a lot of gear in BG I feel your pain. It’s impossible to survive, ever.
    Balance between factions is not great for horde, but tolerable.

6. Are the Alliance queue times really that bad? I wonder why.
    It depends of the time, usually on 2AM - 6AM st the que is not that long, but when the server is full you have to wait even 10mins, yea.

7. I have 1.1k resil and quite often get killed under 5 seconds while healing myself. There are many, many BiS geared people and you’ll get used to it. As far as being DK with noT a lot of gear in BG I feel your pain. It’s impossible to survive, ever.

8. Horde all the way.All you want is instant ques.They got several pvp guilds therefore they premade a lot as well.You'll gear up way faster,as you'd usually run into fewer numbers alliance premades,while if you get into horde premade,they're usually be more since they can av enabler without breaking sweat.

9. as a solo q player who plays on both sides because I have the same class/spec on both factions I can 100% confirm that it doesn't matter that much. for some extremely weird reason if you solo q on horde you'll get alliance pms, if you solo q on alliance you'll get horde pms. how the hell that happens I don't know but I can stream a days of alliance solo q and horde solo q and prove to anyone that thinks I am lying.

10. Ok folks, thanks for all the responses! I guess I'll stay on the Horde then. ;)