1. I am ready to play fresh cata server.

Just do it! @WARMANE

#IwantLvLuPmYDruiDfoRDS

2. I wan't to play CATA so badly.. but the population of the realm keeps me back. I often login on Icecrown but wtf is with people 3.3.5 its from 10 years ago and they still play it. its BOOORING AF but eh...

Hope to see something more for CATA really love to play it!

3. I disagree with wiping the server, just for the fact that there are still a lot of people having fun on it.
    People, don't forget that 100 people online at a time does not mean only 100 people play here. But don't ruin it for those that want to keep their progress and are having fun.

@warmanestaff: maybe it could be considered to merge Neltharion with another cataclysm private server. This could be done by handing over the character database, or if you feel really generous even (a part of) the core.
    This way the playing players won't be harmed, and the people that want to play with more players get their wish fulfilled aswell.

4. This could be done by handing over the character database, or if you feel really generous even (a part of) the core.
    Yeah, how about the opposite?

5. Yeah, how about the opposite?
    What he said is really good. The part for merging this server with another. The part where you have to share or whatever data you need to i don't know about it,so i can't say anything.

But merging with another server can be really good.

6. Wiping the server will lead to one of two results:

Result 1:
    The population that remains there will not return to it once their progress is wiped, and not enough players will return, hence killing the server entirely.

Result 2:
    The wipe completely reinvigorates the server, bringing lots of new players back to the server, establishing a population of 1000+.

If the server was wiped, it is in my view that result 1 would happen - it would kill the server. The reason being, Cataclysm is not a popular expansion compared to other expansion's. I know a few private servers that once had 2000 population, reduced to just 400/500. A recent private server opened up in November 2017, that has only a few hundred players as of today, playing on their Cataclysm realms. If a wipe is truly what players want, then there would be similar private servers, that recently started, that would be in their 1000s for Cata. In other words, you cannot name a single successful Cataclysm private server that has a population of at least 1000+.

Back to the original point: Warmane would need perfect justification and evidence to wipe the server, since wiping the server will more likely destroy the remaining population. The community would need to demonstrate who would return, should the server be wiped. Even then, a poll would not sufficiently determine the population - since players can maliciously choose to select "play if server is wiped", to intentionally cause distress to other players.

From what I have observed recently, I believe only a few hundred (100/200) would genuinely return if the server is wiped. However, I strongly believe that the population that currently play on the server (roughly 200/300), would stop playing on it, and move to another expansion - because thats exactly what I did when the Cata server was wiped, I moved to Wrath.

So, although there would be new players returning if the server would wipe, I believe there are more players that would leave as a result of the wipe, than the current amount of players joining the server. This is demonstrated through similar private servers, and recent population trends of Cata private servers, reduced from 2000+ population to 700/800 population, while a recently opened Cata server (opened in November 2017), only has a population of a few hundred. So if a wipe was what reinvents the server, why has other private servers retained such a small player base?

My conclusion is that the wipe would be more detrimental to Cataclysm, and it should remain as it is, until the remaining population declines further.

7. I question how many of these people actually played through retail cata? The reason why people started leaving quite heavily during that expansion has to deal with a lot of things but the main reason is the number of class changes they made throughout that entire expansion. Mages had combustion reworked some 15 times? And that's 1 ability from 1 spec of 1 class.

Those were cancerous times when you were in a progression guild as you never knew if your main class & spec would suddenly become useless the following week.

Anyway, w/e bugm... war mane decides to do is what it will end up doing. ^.^

Oh and if you reset the servers completely with no "updates" attached make sure to fix the shield block mechanic or else we'll go through a period of no block tanks again like when molten first introduced the cata servers way back in the day. xD Those were were fun times though.

8. Wiping the server will lead to one of two results:

Result 1:
    The population that remains there will not return to it once their progress is wiped, and not enough players will return, hence killing the server entirely.

Result 2:
    The wipe completely reinvigorates the server, bringing lots of new players back to the server, establishing a population of 1000+.

If the server was wiped, it is in my view that result 1 would happen - it would kill the server. The reason being, Cataclysm is not a popular expansion compared to other expansion's. I know a few private servers that once had 2000 population, reduced to just 400/500. A recent private server opened up in November 2017, that has only a few hundred players as of today, playing on their Cataclysm realms. If a wipe is truly what players want, then there would be similar private servers, that recently started, that would be in their 1000s for Cata. In other words, you cannot name a single successful Cataclysm private server that has a population of at least 1000+.

Back to the original point: Warmane would need perfect justification and evidence to wipe the server, since wiping the server will more likely destroy the remaining population. The community would need to demonstrate who would return, should the server be wiped. Even then, a poll would not sufficiently determine the population - since players can maliciously choose to select "play if server is wiped", to intentionally cause distress to other players.

From what I have observed recently, I believe only a few hundred (100/200) would genuinely return if the server is wiped. However, I strongly believe that the population that currently play on the server (roughly 200/300), would stop playing on it, and move to another expansion - because thats exactly what I did when the Cata server was wiped, I moved to Wrath.

So, although there would be new players returning if the server would wipe, I believe there are more players that would leave as a result of the wipe, than the current amount of players joining the server. This is demonstrated through similar private servers, and recent population trends of Cata private servers, reduced from 2000+ population to 700/800 population, while a recently opened Cata server (opened in November 2017), only has a population of a few hundred. So if a wipe was what reinvents the server, why has other private servers retained such a small player base?

My conclusion is that the wipe would be more detrimental to Cataclysm, and it should remain as it is, until the remaining population declines further.
    Bro, this is way too logical for people to understand. I don’t play on this server anymore, but I get the feeling most people want a wipe more for malicious reasons and have no intention of playing or staying for any meaningful amount of time. On retail people left in droves because there is just not enough content to keep people happy and PVE gear ruined pvp. There are no well populated Cata servers for a reason regardless of how well they work. Leave the 50 people who make Nelth home alone. They’ve stuck around through everything and I can’t understand why anyone logs on here, but to each their own.

9. I just want my characters that are trapped there, i dont think it is right to wipe characters that people have spent time and money on. If people want to truly start with a new wiped server then let those of us who want to move our characters move them!

I would have no problem keeping them on Cata if i thought a wipe would help, but i do not think it will. All it is going to do is create some hype that maybe will last a few months and then it will go right back to what it is now.

Let those of us who want to transfer do it and those who are left who want a wipe or an earlier Cata patch go for it.

And i am sorry but i do not think if you allow a transfer that any coins should be refunded. Everyone who played there has used anything you spent. You are not owed anything but a chance to transfer your characters.

10. Guys and girls, stop fooling yourselves. Your only chance is to transfer to FW, or both servers will die.

11. Guys and girls, stop fooling yourselves. Your only chance is to transfer to FW, or both servers will die.
    What makes you think that FW is only place where those remaning players will go ?

12. What makes you think that FW is only place where those remaning players will go ?
    It might not be the best place for every player, but from logical and Warmane’s standpoint it definitely is. It’s a server that would be awesome place for both PvP and PvE if they find a way to boost population by 500-1000 souls. Icecrown is full, Outland has enough peeps already, Lord is different type of experience, FW is what remains.
    Other than that, it’s loveable server and expansion, just needs more souls and slightly more attention.

Also, I wouldn’t let people choose. I’d give them coins back with a mandatory transfer to MoP OR character transfer with equivalent gear(although First option might be better). Actually, I’d do the same for 1000 non-donuts on Icecrown, they’re sick od the queue anyways.

Edit: I do like new starts and the idea of Nelth wipe sounds thrilling and makar me make a char if it happens even though I never played Cata, but it’s going to boil down to the same - pop spike and die after year or two ‘cause they won’t care about it much.

Mercy and Obnoxious were discreetly pointing that out on this thread too, and I’m pretty sure they have more insight on what plans for Warmane might be/are.
    Edited: April 13, 2018

13. Yeah, how about the opposite?
    I would be perfectly fine with that aswell, however who would be interested in merging IN to a "dead" server?
    The warmane staff has said there is no (not much) interest in developing Cataclysm any further at this moment, it would be illogical for a different server to join Warmane for only that reason already.
    furthermore it would be illogical to transfer much (relatively) players to a server with less active players, because it would be more of a hassle for the active players.

I just hope the staff could have talks with other servers about this :) And really, I don't care if which server transfers what.

14. It might not be the best place for every player, but from logical and Warmane’s standpoint it definitely is. It’s a server that would be awesome place for both PvP and PvE if they find a way to boost population by 500-1000 souls. Icecrown is full, Outland has enough peeps already, Lord is different type of experience, FW is what remains.
    Other than that, it’s loveable server and expansion, just needs more souls and slightly more attention.

Also, I wouldn’t let people choose. I’d give them coins back with a mandatory transfer to MoP OR character transfer with equivalent gear(although First option might be better). Actually, I’d do the same for 1000 non-donuts on Icecrown, they’re sick od the queue anyways.

Edit: I do like new starts and the idea of Nelth wipe sounds thrilling and makar me make a char if it happens even though I never played Cata, but it’s going to boil down to the same - pop spike and die after year or two ‘cause they won’t care about it much.

Mercy and Obnoxious were discreetly pointing that out on this thread too, and I’m pretty sure they have more insight on what plans for Warmane might be/are.
    Yeah mate how about they close mop and everyone from there will have to play nelth?Just change their gear in the cataclysm equivalent no problem right.
    People don't play on frostwolf or neltharion because they don't like them.Merging neltharion to frostwolf wont bring any new players as most of cata players will just quit.

15. Yeah mate how about they close mop and everyone from there will have to play nelth?Just change their gear in the cataclysm equivalent no problem right.
    People don't play on frostwolf or neltharion because they don't like them.Merging neltharion to frostwolf wont bring any new players as most of cata players will just quit.
    Because there are 5/6x more active players on MoP and Warmane cares about MoP, doesn't care about Neltharion. How about that?
    I don't think people would quit - this is a game and we're all addicted and many current Nelth players suggest FW Merge

First ... 89101112 ... Last