1. I agree with you Mercy. Cataclysm was the expansion where things really started to go downhill and the private servers reflect this.
    The reason I personally believe a reset or a new Cataclysm server could be in both Warmane's and the players interest, is because of your excellent quality.

While Neltharion did suffer from a fair share of bugs it was understandable you could not always prio the server when it came to fixes as you had other servers that needed a lot of attention aswell. Yet now most of your servers are running just fine and there are very few (if any) critical game breaking bugs or broken things, which means that a new Cataclysm server could get more attention.

The private server community might not value Cataclysm as much as the previous 3 expansions, but one can't deny there is a substantial amount of players playing Cataclysm, and I believe Warmane might be able to pool a lot of them here by making a new Cataclysm server. For unlike a lot of other private servers you have the resources needed to make the server strong. Hence you can claim a large share of the Cataclysm community across the private servers.
    Penny for your thoughts?

2. -1

there are 2 factors that making this realm dead, first qualities of players. A tank who never know boss mechanic, raid leader who only know how to collect 10 or 25 people but doesn't understand how to lead, people who think they are so pro etc. It drives good players away.

second, the developer themselves. There is no guarantee that if we wipe the sever then we put effort and coins after 2-3 years and they will not abanding us again.

The only reason I stay here because I already have BiS characters. There are few 4.0 servers out there with good scripts and if I will have to start over again, I will always take how the developer treating us right now into considerations.

Just because it doesn't going well now, doesn't mean you have to destroy it.

3. start update the server maybe ppl will come back

4. wipe the server and start in 4.0 there is no improvement people will not come cuz no sure if this server will continue same with dev situation too they will not improve this server cuz its already dead.. its good if we start to beginning again... look what they did to lordaeron the hype that time was good and the result was good they made server great again that time..
    Edited: April 5, 2018

5. start update the server maybe ppl will come back
    That doesn't seems to be on the table, though.

The point I'm trying to make is that a wipe isn't what the server needs. What made players leave wasn't the fact they wanted the server to start from scratch and had that denied. A wipe could enhance other measures, but without those happening all this would do is drive away the few remaining loyal players who are sticking around "until Death do us part" for the sake of a short-lived placebo effect. In my opinion, if there was an administrative change of mind and interest on further developing Cataclysm appeared, then a wipe could be brought to discussion. But as it is right now all it would do is punish some players.

6. In my opinion if you reset the server the ppl that still playing on the server they will keep playing even after the reset and old ppl will come and if you make a hype start going with advertising and other things new players will come too. So after reseting the server you will get more money that you are getting now and i think you do remember the the population that the server had after moltendown.Or at least dont reset it just start updating it 1 of the reason that ppl left was cause of the lack of the updates .The server can be saved but at this point it cant be saved from the players , the players will come back when they see that the server is getting some attention and if you would rly care for those 100 ppl that still playing there you would do something to reward them with and update or w/e otherwise whats the point of using as an excuse that you dont wanna reset the server cause of those ppl that still playing there.I am pretty sure that the ppl that still playing there want some attention from you

7. Here's my 2 cents (not troll unlike the thread I made a while back thanks Mercy for closing it)
    I believe wiping the server would be the best option. People want it to start on 4.0.6 and I do too to some extent but I know this would just create more unnecessary costs so keeping it on 4.3 would be fine. As far as I know you have the best scripted cata server (my pets actually work as intended woo hoo).

The argument that Cata was the start of the pop decline on retail is true to some extent BUT that is only true for PvE only players (big majority of retail players). As a PvP guy I can safely say that cata is by far my favourite expansion although it has some flaws that are easily fixable. I talk to a lot of PvP guys from retail and other expansions and 80% of them agree that 4.3.4 is the most balanced PvP patch (bless your soul Ghostcrawler boycott Holinka) if you exclude the HC PvE items which were not a problem on retail because you had to grind them like crazy. I believe that in your cata golden age players were mostly PvPers which proves my point. I am 100% sure you would attract a good amount of them by simply doing this: make HC PvE items available but not usable in arena if you decide to wipe the server.

Now about the coins. I think it would be fair if you refunded X% (not less than 5 and not more than 15) of coins and only make them useable on Neltharion. Have the same philosophy you have for outland i.e you can only buy basic gear with coins until the next tier. This would shut up all the "I use pay2win argument to compensate for my lack of skill" people.

I believe that if you did this with proper advertisement and actually stuck to it the server would survive the hype peroid and have a steadily growing playerbase.

And remember to attract people that want to play cata you NEED TO CATER TO THE PVP community.

8. And that's exactly the point: a wipe isn't "getting some attention." A wipe is simply erasing the progress of people who still play or would only play if they kept their investment. A wipe in no way implies that the amount of attention would increase.
    I think you are correct in that a wipe alone will not solve the situation, however that is trying to put a band aid on a gushing wound. That alone will not solve the issue, it will take a combination of things to fix. The largest way to help is too continue development. I don't remember seeing to neltharion taking a back seat but we will follow with this logic. To assume that the cataclysm server should take a back seat and then NEVER work on it, is different than saying other servers will take a priority. You would not give some children attention and then proceed to ignore one child completely. Development is slow, that doesn't mean it is to be stopped completely.

As I said earlier, a wipe is a temporary solution that will devolve back into the current state. More things need to happen than a simple wipe, but it is movement in SOME direction, which if you cannot tell, is the underlying issue with everyone in this thread: we all feel neglected and are begging for any form of attention from the staff to show that they recognize we exist and want to help us. We are all a part of the Warmane community, why should playing on Neltharion make our opinions and desires any less valid than other players?

Your argument focuses on why a wipe would not fix the current issue, but you are ignoring the big picture. It is pointless to conjecture what a wipe would do for Neltharion because the truth is, no one knows what could happen. To claim the server would die is only a guess, albeit probable. In that same vein, however, it could kickstart an initiative for cataclysm on Warmane as it shows the entire community that Warmane WANTS to do something with this server. Do not underestimate how far a little attention can go, and do not get caught up in the pettiness of a narrow-minded viewpoint. Choose to look at the bigger picture and aim to improve the situation.

9. Your argument focuses on why a wipe would not fix the current issue, but you are ignoring the big picture.
    No, you are ignoring the bigger picture that for all current intents and purposes the interest in continuing to develop Cataclysm has been drained away by three other expansions and there has been no announcement about that changing so far. For the forth time: the intention was to shut Cataclysm down; the sole reason that didn't happen was because players asked to keep it even the way it was at the time. At the present time, without some change in the current scenario (of which I have no information of being incoming), you're not an abandoned child, you're a Windows 3.1 user wanting Microsoft to keep releasing updates to a version they discontinued.

10. bra but this server last update was june 28 17 and you expect ppl stay here sry for bad eng but its true

11. btw this server losse ppl because none updates... and this broken quests...... i play this server since 2011 but now its dead af

12. Obnoxious is right. You just can't understand that a server wipe will not bring, by any chances, more attention to neltharion. A server wipe will just be a /slap in the face of those 100-150 players left on the server. Nobody ever said that if they wipe the server, they are gonna start fixing things up, because they will still have the exact amount of developers who will work on the exact expansions they are working on right now. Tho, what I think would be nice to do is to maybe let people from earlier expansions move into cata, as well as letting people from cata move to MoP. Why that ? Because there are lots of people who experienced almost everything in their expansions and maybe want to try something completely new ( in both PvE and PvP ), but what keeps them still playing is their so "lovely" characters, which will not be lost if there will ever be an option like that presented above.

13. you're not an abandoned child, you're a Windows 3.1 user wanting Microsoft to keep releasing updates to a version they discontinued.
    At least Microsoft left 3.1 in a usable state, instead of a half release before discontinuing it. It's fine to stop development, but there are so many glaring issues, it's foolish to think it's in a respectable state to be left in. Don't claim it's out of respect for the players to leave it up then. You don't sell someone a product then give them half of it when you decide to stop working on it. And yes, Warmane's Cataclysm is a product, the same as Warmane's TBC, WotLK, and MoP.

14. Fifth time? Fifth time: the original intention was to shut down Cataclysm.

First ... 2345614 ... Last