1. PVP Balance

Hey guys,

So I've recently returned to wow and have been playing mainly pve for a while and thought I'd try pvp (Horde side) after too many lost matches I've come to the conclusion that pvp on wrath isnt as fun as it was before I left. It feels incredibly one-sided to the alliance and I've been told that pvp is just donor v donor? Is anything being done to address this issue? Joining a bg and then being camped at spawn for 10+ games at a time isn't really pvp or fun and I know Warmane tackles issue so does anyone know whats happening?

Also just joined a Isle of conquest bg with a multiboxer wiping the entire group, is this really seen as okay?

Cheers,
    Have a nice day.
    Edited: April 3, 2018

2. That's normal. That's why majority of the people who do BGs are in premades.

Try to find a guild that does PMs, and I guarantee it'll be more fun.

3. Hey guys,

So I've recently returned to wow and have been playing mainly pve for a while and thought I'd try pvp (Horde side) after too many lost matches I've come to the conclusion that pvp on wrath isnt as fun as it was before I left. It feels incredibly one-sided to the alliance and I've been told that pvp is just donor v donor? Is anything being done to address this issue? Joining a bg and then being camped at spawn for 10+ games at a time isn't really pvp or fun and I know Warmane tackles issue so does anyone know whats happening?

Also just joined a Isle of conquest bg with a multiboxer wiping the entire group, is this really seen as okay?

Cheers,
    Have a nice day.
    Well grass is always greener on the other side. As an alliance player I have one-sided losses as well, plenty of them. It depends on your gear and skill. If you are 3k gs player, you will lose more than 50% of your games, I can guarantee. On the other hand, you will win much more than 50% of your games when you are full bis. MMORPGs are balanced like that. You want to beat the **** out of your opponents - you go and grind the gear, only pure skill won't carry you far. That's normal. Literally every single good item in the game is obtainable (even Shadowmourne), so it is not donor vs donor. Ofcourse, people could sacrifice the grind and just pay for everything in just a matter of minutes, but it's a private, free to play server. You are playing here for free because of them, so don't expect that to change.

As for the multiboxers, that's perfectly okay and legal, there is an entire sub-forum for that. Once you realize how to play against them, they are not a big issue. In fact, I started hating multiboxers when they are ON MY TEAM, not on the enemy's, that's how easy it is to play against them.

4. If you think your going to have fun solo-queuing on Icecrown, booooooi are you in for a wake up.

Both factions run pre-mades and annihilate the side that isen't.
    Your playing against and compete with players in full BIS gear (often donated)

In my experience your going to have a terrible time, and as Yunix already stated, if you really, really want to play PVP, join a guild or you're going to be dissapointed.

5. If you think your going to have fun solo-queuing on Icecrown, booooooi are you in for a wake up.

Both factions run pre-mades and annihilate the side that isen't.
    Your playing against and compete with players in full BIS gear (often donated)

In my experience your going to have a terrible time, and as Yunix already stated, if you really, really want to play PVP, join a guild or you're going to be dissapointed.
    I’m on the horde side and I queue alone always. I usually win more than 50% of BG’s. I think the key is to be useful. People just want to DPS and not play a support role that could eventually help to get that win.

I am a healer and every time I join BG i find best geared DPS and go with them. Isn’t that what makes more sense? They would probably die quickly without heals, while I would be useless healing myself or lowbies that can’t land a kill. Worst case scenario is that you’ll loose, but will have fun.

I created a healer on Alliance side last night and will see how it goes on ally side.

6. Doesn't matter Horde or Alliance.
    There will always be battlegrounds where you get spawn camped, it all depends on who you get on your team.Yes, pre-made lessen the chance of getting trash players but you can still get bodied. Just have to be lucky and play the game.
    Edited: April 14, 2018

7. The people from "Molten" has been around for quite some time and "Warmane" have existed for quite some time too, so the "oldest" Realm which have a huge population have been around for such a long time that, well it's end game.
    Alot of people have the best stuff and when you are a veteran with other friends, whose also very skilled, playing together vs other people gets very fun, I mean we all try to get the best gear and experience, but for most of ous, that period of time is over.
    The days when everyone was progressing trough early wotlk, majority of people at 3-4k gs is no more, most people know very well how to play their class even when leveling and "noobs" gets fewer.

Im probably not speaking for myself when I say Fresh 80 to 5k gs in 1 day from mats and professions all gathered + some gold, and wrathful off parts from there will carry you even higher.

8. Just to kind of go off topic, while still asking about the PVP.

I'm torn between player a healer and playing an arms warrior. I'm going to assume that a healer for PVPing (I'd play mostly battlegrounds) is way more useful than a trigger happy 2-hander swinging warrior. Considering that, would it be easier to gear a healer or an arms warrior. The goal with an arms warrior is to chop everyone to pieces, but probably majority are geared as **** and it won't be that satisfying anyway. If that's the case I'd rather roll a healer. Any nudge towards the right direction would help coz I'd hate to level up a new toon all over again afterwards.

9. Just to kind of go off topic, while still asking about the PVP.

I'm torn between player a healer and playing an arms warrior. I'm going to assume that a healer for PVPing (I'd play mostly battlegrounds) is way more useful than a trigger happy 2-hander swinging warrior. Considering that, would it be easier to gear a healer or an arms warrior. The goal with an arms warrior is to chop everyone to pieces, but probably majority are geared as **** and it won't be that satisfying anyway. If that's the case I'd rather roll a healer. Any nudge towards the right direction would help coz I'd hate to level up a new toon all over again afterwards.
    If you don’t have money to get that Shadowmourne/Oathbinder and those HC trinkets first 2 months of your BG’a are going to be a torture as you won’t be able to deal a lot of damage and you will be one/two shotted mostly. Even in the end, when you’re full wrath you will have issues with 6.5K+ plate MDPS in BG’s and there’s plenty of them.
    I see it worth it only if you have a pal healer that’s going to queue with you.

On the other side, low geared healer is way more useful than low geared DPS. Healers are almost always lacking and are usually a game changer.
    Two or theee smart Restoration Druids/Restoration Shamans can easily decide an AV, not to mention smaller BG’s.

Go heal and join the useful club.
    Edited: April 17, 2018 Reason: Phone spelling issues.

10. Go heal and join the useful club.
    Quote of the day!

11. Quote of the day!
    Mercy, please do not spam this topic or I’m calling a moderator! Very useful, game changing, heavy decision-related information in this thread.

12. I wouldn't call it spam. I'd call it reiterating a point.