1. Paladin spec

I have an 80 paladin that is around 5k gs on both specs and i cannot decide to follow ret or prot. I find both prot and ret pretty fun but i find prot very stressful and it sounds like it would only get harder in icc. Ret i have been told is a pretty bad dps spec for icc. I cant decide which spec to follow and is an extremely hard decision.

2. It's down to what role you enjoy playing to be honest.
    Both are pretty simple specs to pick up, ret being the easier but prot being needed more.
    If you find prot stressful just go for ret....at the end of the day it's a game and you play for the enjoyment of it.
    Ret dps isn't bad btw.

3. Whoever told you that Retri is bad DPS in ICC(or anywhere else), lied to you. Retri is one of the best DPS specs in WotLK. On the other hand, there are plenty retri paladins and you won’t be very needed in raids if you’re not geared very well.

I would pick Prot any time. You will learn as the time goes by, you will be needed and good at what you do. There’s going to always be a spot for you in raids and once you gear up(it’s going to happen quickly) you will be able to roll for retri OS.

Do not be afraid of tanking, it’s responsible and intense role - and keep in mind that tanking with pally has always been easier for beginners than other tank classes.

Edit: Don’t run away from tanking. PvE is very simple, you just need practice.
    Edited: April 6, 2018