1. May 12, 2018  
    Do any testers have info about this? Are more tests being planned? Should we be expecting release this week?

I know some guilds interest in the server is hanging on by a thread at this point...

2. May 12, 2018  
    I really wonder what the holdup is.

3. May 12, 2018  
    I really wonder what the holdup is.
    scripting and fixing bugs

4. May 12, 2018  
    If you're fixing bugs then please make sure that the butterfly gets its wings fixed will ya?
    Oh well, let's hope it goes well. =)

5. May 12, 2018  
    you guys are not reading devlog, are't you?

The Burning Crusade
    April 23, 2018

Work on Zul'Aman continues as we are testing the instance with selected guilds from the Outland realm. We hope to iron out the last issues with these full-scale tests. We have also opened up Onyxia's Lair and are looking towards downgrading Naxxramas to its pre-WoTLK state. Our work continues as normal as we hunt down bugs on the bug tracker and ones we find during our internal testing. Have a look at the recently released changelog for more info.

6. May 12, 2018  
    Yea that's from three weeks ago. The guilds that are testing since then can give us updates.

7. May 12, 2018  
    I will personally can't wait for July 7th to come.
    Edited: May 12, 2018

8. May 12, 2018  
    So whats the plan? release SWP before ZA? SWP must be in perfect state already if no testing and bug fixing required

9. May 12, 2018  
    Update - We tested it last Sunday and as reported, everything was ridiculously overtuned (We had trash basically globalling t6 bis tanks).. So broken that we killed the Eagle boss (With help on the trash by the dev killing it all for us). Then bailed as it was unplayable.

We haven't tested since, and wont again until they let us know that things have been scaled way, way down (We're talking like, a 150% AT LEAST damage nerf from virtually every mob and boss in the instance for it to be close to correct.

We'll stream our next test, and will post the stream link on forums prior to testing.

10. May 12, 2018  
    Yea I watched that test. I assume there is essentially just a dial that they can turn up and down to fix that tuning. If it's good bug-wise then we should be close to release.

11. May 12, 2018  
    Forgive my ignorance, but why are the testers even wearing T6 for anything besides all 4 prisoners rescue? Back on Live you could expect to get 2 chests if you had a good group even if they were just in T4/badge gear.

Really hope this isn't a 'the top guilds wearing T6 said it was too easy so we tuned it around them' situation

12. May 13, 2018  
    Forgive my ignorance, but why are the testers even wearing T6 for anything besides all 4 prisoners rescue? Back on Live you could expect to get 2 chests if you had a good group even if they were just in T4/badge gear.

Really hope this isn't a 'the top guilds wearing T6 said it was too easy so we tuned it around them' situation
    Well, the plan last time between us and the Devs were that we were going to test it in t4 bis gear (They put the t4 vendors in, craftable vendors, and heroic dungeon vendors etc in, we had free reign to pick whatever gear we wanted to under 128 ilvl + Engineers could use goggles.

If you watch the stream, we are originally in the t4 gear. And our tanks basically get killed in under 0.5 seconds, and our dpsers get shat on.
    So after a few attempts in t4 gear on the trash, we deemed that although it was doable (barely), that it was not reasonable for it to be tuned that high. No pugs/t4geared players would've been able to step foot in their basically, and t5 geared players would mightily struggle still. So we changed to t6 gear... and still massively struggled with every trash pack (We couldn't clear the gauntlet upto the eagle boss with a full raid of BiS geared players).

The dev killed the trash upto Eagle boss... which we attempted in t4 gear and decided it was massively overtuned.
    I for example, as a hunter, had 8.4k hp full buffed (Raid buffs + Scrolls, flasks, food, oils), the eagles alone were hitting for between 4-5k at the boss encounter. They basically hit everybody in the raid for between 50-80% of their hp dependant on class, and was deemed killable, but INSANELY tough. So we went into t6 gear and killed it whilst still getting absolutely destroyed by the eagles, and our tank taking an absolute kicking from the boss.

We then went to the bear trash in bis t6 gear, and the first trash pack globalled 4 of our members with a 360 degree cleave and "axe volley" which never stopped casting / a mob that wouldn't move into range of the raid... ever.

so we stopped testing awaiting major nerfs and fixes.. and have not heard anything yet as to the status of the fixes.

Having said this, these things sound massively negative.. BUT the dev team and GM team that we've been in contact with, and who watched us on the server (Pencilpusher), have been awesome so far and are very openly accepting criticisms and suggestions. We have no doubt they'll get this done properly.
    Edited: May 13, 2018

13. May 13, 2018  
    Hopefully sooner then later as it is already 5/13 and the SWP comes in less then2 months.
    If the ZA ain't released soon I fear that they might delay SWP release. Frankly I don't even understand why tuning even exists on Tbc.
    I do understand the part with challenge, but then again some of that challenge causes so many issues regarding gear/player availability etc.
    You don't see any changes to Icecrown. Shouldn't happen to ZA as well considering the Icecrown was on 3.3.5a as well from opening the realm.

I just hope they will open it soon. Most of the people are anxious to see it.

14. May 13, 2018  
    I must agree with you Peregrine.

While ZA is a welcome feature and should ofc hold up to the standards that Warmane wishes to have, it is not the most crucial raid or patch.

The 2.4 patch is what Outland needs the most as it removes attunaments, opens up Isle of Quel Danas for both fresh and endgame players. Provides the last arena season and also the last raid which due to its difficulty will keep people with work on their hands.
    Yet like you say, if ZA is delayed then I fear SWP will be delayed aswell, and frankly this is something I feel Outland can't afford.

15. May 13, 2018  
    See, most of us see it differently.. ZA is the most important raid patch in TBC. It's the ONLY catchup mechanic. It provides the fuel that tier 4-5 guilds need to catch up, to progress more and gear up before Sunwell release.

It also made the recruitment pool on servers much more attractive... You simply can't rush the ZA patch without breaking your server thereafter.

Isle of Quel'Danas, while a nice addition really doesn't bring that much new. It bring s a raid that without ZA, 90% + of a server will never see. It brings quests that you wont really be able to do as alliance on this server thanks to the Horde:Alliance population ratio (Seriously, it WILL be a bloodbath, denying it is ridiculous)... The gear from rep is subpar at best.

ZA is an important patch. It can't be rushed... Sunwell probably wont be released in June/July either... probably would wave bye bye to that idea.

Probably for the best.. as summer releases never go well.

First 12345 ... Last