1. Question about lifebloom

Hello, I'm new to wotlk and druid class too, I am rolling with resto spec and just started raid healing, I used to start with 3stacks of lifebloom on tank, reju and regrowth and just maintain the lifebloom without letting end, but to raids I find that method too slow since it takes me a while to set up the HOTs on tank and care about the rest of group HP, so I changed my "rotation" and I normally now go Rujevanation first, followed by regrowth, just 1 stack of lifebloom, so it made me have some doubts
    Is it ever worth just "insta" stack 3x lifeblooms? When it ends will it give me 50% of just 1 lifebloom, of 50%mana of 3 lifeblooms(if at 3 stacks)?

I used to never let lifebloom end on a RDF HC, since I was wasnt going oom didn't really matter that much, on raids the scenario is very different, people lose HP so fast so I'm thinking letting LB end is always great, gives a little breathing to focus rejus on the rest of the group, but not sure if I should stack or not.

Would appreciate to read your opinion and how you normally deal with raids as resto.

Also, I am very new to healing class too, I just enjoy WoW and trying new things out, so I enjoy learning and improving.
    Best regards.

2. Hello, I'm new to wotlk and druid class too, I am rolling with resto spec and just started raid healing, I used to start with 3stacks of lifebloom on tank, reju and regrowth and just maintain the lifebloom without letting end, but to raids I find that method too slow since it takes me a while to set up the HOTs on tank and care about the rest of group HP, so I changed my "rotation" and I normally now go Rujevanation first, followed by regrowth, just 1 stack of lifebloom, so it made me have some doubts
    Is it ever worth just "insta" stack 3x lifeblooms? When it ends will it give me 50% of just 1 lifebloom, of 50%mana of 3 lifeblooms(if at 3 stacks)?

I used to never let lifebloom end on a RDF HC, since I was wasnt going oom didn't really matter that much, on raids the scenario is very different, people lose HP so fast so I'm thinking letting LB end is always great, gives a little breathing to focus rejus on the rest of the group, but not sure if I should stack or not.

Would appreciate to read your opinion and how you normally deal with raids as resto.

Also, I am very new to healing class too, I just enjoy WoW and trying new things out, so I enjoy learning and improving.

Best regards.
    I was doing it slightly different:
    1. Pre-Aggro: Regrowth(lasts longest), Reju, 1x Lifebloom tank
    2. Rejuvenation on Melee, Wild Growth, 2nd Lifebloom on tank
    3. Refreshing All HoTS on tank when they’re about to expire, keeping lifebloom on 3x unless he’s getting slammed - then let it expire for greater heal(in panic mode there’s little time for LB, I do Reju, WG and Nourish spam), Reju is mandatary on as many people you can put it on, Use WG whenever on CD.

Tip: If you have time and you’re able to predict who will receive a lot of damage soon, put regrowth on them, if not then Reju.

Anyways, you’re doing it pretty right. Stacking LB instanlty is GCD waste unless you do it pre-aggro with regrowth and then just refresh it when needed.

Edit: To answer about LB mana: When three stacks bloom, you should be getting slightly more than 1.4k mana back.
    Edited: April 12, 2018

3. You can stack up lifebloom before the pull then drink for 2-3sec. This way you can do few casts and then get free mana from 3 stack lifebloom expiring. You shouldnt keep lifeblom stacked the whole time, druids are raid healers not tank healers, in case you need to keep a tank alive keeping regrowth and rejuvenation then nourishing should be enough outside of a handful fights where you need HEAVY heals on the tank - LK hc and Halion hc, but even on those you shouldnt try to keep the stacks up, instead learn to use the high heal from them expiring and play around it. For example when you see meteor timer in ruby you can stack up lifebloom and time it so it ends few seconds after meteor lands, right when all the healers are moving and thus healing on the tank is limited. Or reaper, same thing except you can time it bounce to the tanks hp after the heavy hit.

Also keep track of clearcasting proc, useing lifebloom on these is not only free healing but also mana.

4. Lifebloom's mana cost and mana return mechanic are designed precisely to make it disadvantageous to keep a 3-stack ticking Lifebloom ticking indefinitely. It's worth doing for the HPS on VDW, or any other situation when you figure the extra throughput might be helpful but mana isn't a concern.

Apart from the free mana regen via Clearcasting, Lifebloom's best uses are when you're forced to move but have to spot-heal a tank and your Swiftmend is on CD (the 1 second tick period on LB makes it helpful, plus it strengthens your next few Nourish if you're running glyph of Nourish), or to pre-emptively put up in anticipation of a high burst of timed damage.

5. Thank you all for the help, it helped a lot, even if LB is great I see that its better to let it end and just focus in a raid since im dudu and let the tanks have a pala on them :p
    Thanks for the share of opinion guys appreciate it!

6. Just as a side note for when you gear up close to BiS:

You’ll know that you’re doing it right once you manage to solo-heal many encounters in ICC10(few HC too) with either RDudu or HPallly since neither of them is made to handle healing both whole raid and the tank.

7. Just as a side note for when you gear up close to BiS:

You’ll know that you’re doing it right once you manage to solo-heal many encounters in ICC10(few HC too) with either RDudu or HPallly since neither of them is made to handle healing both whole raid and the tank.
    I think thats still a lot of time away from happening but I do hope to get there and hope I do get there, thank you for the note!

8. Don't blanket raid with 1 stack of LB, I keep tanks stacked at 3 and always let them expire. If heavy raid damage is coming in such that I don't have time to apply full stacks then rejuv blanketing gets priority- I have to trust my fellow healers who specialize in tank healing to do their job just like they have to trust me to do mine. If they need extra healing on tanks in addition to heavy raid damage then I swiftmend and/or natures swiftness healing touch them. I rarely apply lifebloom to targets other than the tanks, but my gear is so high that my rejuvs often are sufficient to keep everyone else topped off. Lifebloom is expensive on the mana pool so blanketing with it in single stacks proba ly isn't the best strategy. Rejuv and WG should be fine. Also who uses nourish lol- nourish druids lmao

9. Also who uses nourish lol- nourish druids lmao
    I want to see you keep the tank alive in hc ruby sanctum. Or do 100% overhealing with your blanketing on hc lk while disc soaks infest with shields and tank is dropping from reapers.

10. Lifebloom is expensive on the mana pool so blanketing with it in single stacks proba ly isn't the best strategy. Rejuv and WG should be fine. Also who uses nourish lol- nourish druids lmao

1. You obviously don’t know how Lifebloom works. Look at your talents/google bit about it to find out how much mana LB really is.
    2. You obviously have really good co-healers that do “Nourish” part of the healing. Try to push your limits and do some solo healing or what when other healer dies - you probably keep everyone alive with rejuvenation and wg, including tank? No buddy, you reju/wg and spam Nourish (Regrowth if time allows) like there’s no tomorrow to fill those health bars.
    Edited: April 27, 2018

11. Lifebloom is only hard on your mana if you don't let it bloom. Otherwise, it's one of your cheapest spells, and provides a modest bang for its buck to boot.

Rdruid tank healing tends to be quite criminally under-rated. You do have to be glyphed and talented for it, but done right, Rdruids are capable of stellar and very dependable tank healing. Any Rdruid that ventures into endgame WotLK content will be forced to tap into its potent tank-healing resources, so the fact that you think it's not a spell that should see much use suggests you haven't been doing that type of content.

12. May 15, 2018  
    the amount of lunacy i just read is hurting my head.

your not going to be stacking LB on VDW on purpose only when moving to get to a portal. wasting GCDs on 1 heal that you reset the time on to get a 3 stack proc 9 seconds later 10 if glyphed is beyond dumb.

lifebloom is good in pvp and on clearcasting procs. precasting it is a waste of throughput to get a very small amount of mana in return. your precasts should be WG and rejuv.

the biggest issue with lifebloom is the proc going off when you want it to. we can control it to a point but it becomes very mana costly to do so and thus not really worth keeping it up thus why its only used in clearcasting instances.

lifebloom is NOT a cheap spell to cast.

our tank healing is underrated but its not our forte to begin with. can we do it? yes. is it mana efficient? no. unless your doing something like solo healing a bane run or all your healers died your not really going to be really gearing/glyphing for anything to do with tank healing.

there is so much stuff in these comments that makes me sick and probably why i see most druids these days on the server failing to heal properly given the raid boss and spells used. last week 2 resto druids in my TOC 25 run. both top healing spells used: nourish and regrowth. second spells were Wg and LB.....

13. May 15, 2018  
    your not going to be stacking LB on VDW on purpose only when moving to get to a portal.
    The healing netted from the GCD used on Lifebloom exceeds that of Nourish, when ICC-geared and adequately raid-buffed. This is because Lifebloom has a staggeringly higher spellpower coefficient. The only time this doesn't hold true is when you run the Glyph of Nourish, but even then you'd want to Lifebloom, precisely because of the way the glyph works.

lifebloom is NOT a cheap spell to cast.
    It is extremely cheap. It's one of your cheapest single-target healing spells. The only time this doesn't hold true is when you refresh a 3-stack Lifebloom, or otherwise go out of your way to prevent it from blooming. Each stack costs you 782 mana, and returns 489 mana when it blooms. The net mana cost is therefore less than 300 mana, which is how you should appraise the spell.

unless your doing something like solo healing a bane run or all your healers died your not really going to be really gearing/glyphing for anything to do with tank healing.
    This gives away your lack of experience in high-end raiding. Everything quoted here is patently false. This is the kind of red flag in Resto Druids end-game guilds will look out for.
    Edited: May 15, 2018

14. May 16, 2018  
    The healing netted from the GCD used on Lifebloom exceeds that of Nourish, when ICC-geared and adequately raid-buffed. This is because Lifebloom has a staggeringly higher spellpower coefficient.
    sigh... no. Whats the first thing you are doing outside VDW? reapplying a hot. usually that is something that can be used with swiftmend so your looking at rejuv. by that time we have wasted two seconds. i am now in position next to the next portal. if you have to move more then sure, if your guild has a place where everyone goes and meets up so orb gathering is easier or if its just ffa. generally youll be watching the timer from the first portal phase and moving as close to the door/ head of the boss so you can get a new portal (bc more spawn at the head) without too much movement before you phase back out after gathering max stacks. so yes if you are moving further then yes lifebloom would be the better choice after your other hots are up for nourish spamming. if you are not then no. honestly cant believe VDW for druids is even a discussion bc lol who cares what we do in the grand scheme of things pallies and shams going to be going ham. the fight is such a joke that this argument shouldent even be used. no raid ever failed VDW bc druid dint LB. ever.

It is extremely cheap. It's one of your cheapest single-target healing spells. The only time this doesn't hold true is when you refresh a 3-stack Lifebloom, or otherwise go out of your way to prevent it from blooming. Each stack costs you 782 mana, and returns 489 mana when it blooms. The net mana cost is therefore less than 300 mana, which is how you should appraise the spell.
    any ***** rolling lifebloom on non clearcasting procs acting like its rejuv is smh why is it that no one really uses lifebloom? oh thats right. its really only good on 10m raiding and lk. you have to wait 9 seconds (10 if glyphed) for the return to happen. lifebloom does not go well with what we do for 90% of icc blizzard knew this and tried to change they way the bloom worked in later expansions. u cant control the bloom except by resetting it and thus spending more mana. thats why i said its more of a drain. idk why this is even a discussion to be honest.

lifebloom has its uses but you seem to think that its our go to spell or something. its not even in the top 4 spells we use for 99% of raids. i mean lets be honest. its one of those quirky spells that has a very limited role in what we do in min/maxing our healing. if your in a good guild clearing LoD weekly or multiple runs or your just not an ***** mana wont be an issue and your other heals are probably so good that tanks never dip below 90% for more than .2 seconds. hardly making lifebloom an option that we would want to be using over many other spells.

This gives away your lack of experience in high-end raiding. Everything quoted here is patently false. This is the kind of red flag in Resto Druids end-game guilds will look out for.
    ROFL....... son. if you only knew how many ICCs ive done in 7 years. how many lods ive racked up. how many of your "end game" guilds ive been in and still are in. i mean if we want to get into an epeen contest i promise mine is bigger, longer, stronger, and has much more experience.

15. May 16, 2018  
    sigh... no. Whats the first thing you are doing outside VDW? reapplying a hot. usually that is something that can be used with swiftmend so your looking at rejuv. by that time we have wasted two seconds. i am now in position next to the next portal. if you have to move more then sure, if your guild has a place where everyone goes and meets up so orb gathering is easier or if its just ffa. generally youll be watching the timer from the first portal phase and moving as close to the door/ head of the boss so you can get a new portal (bc more spawn at the head) without too much movement before you phase back out after gathering max stacks. so yes if you are moving further then yes lifebloom would be the better choice after your other hots are up for nourish spamming. if you are not then no. honestly cant believe VDW for druids is even a discussion bc lol who cares what we do in the grand scheme of things pallies and shams going to be going ham. the fight is such a joke that this argument shouldent even be used. no raid ever failed VDW bc druid dint LB. ever.
    But we're not comparing Lifebloom against Rejuv/Swiftmend/etc. We're comparing 1 Lifebloom stack to 1 Nourish cast. In end ICC gear, the former should be superior.

sany ***** rolling lifebloom on non clearcasting procs acting like its rejuv is smh why is it that no one really uses lifebloom? oh thats right. its really only good on 10m raiding and lk. you have to wait 9 seconds (10 if glyphed) for the return to happen. lifebloom does not go well with what we do for 90% of icc blizzard knew this and tried to change they way the bloom worked in later expansions. u cant control the bloom except by resetting it and thus spending more mana. thats why i said its more of a drain. idk why this is even a discussion to be honest.

lifebloom has its uses but you seem to think that its our go to spell or something. its not even in the top 4 spells we use for 99% of raids. i mean lets be honest. its one of those quirky spells that has a very limited role in what we do in min/maxing our healing. if your in a good guild clearing LoD weekly or multiple runs or your just not an ***** mana wont be an issue and your other heals are probably so good that tanks never dip below 90% for more than .2 seconds. hardly making lifebloom an option that we would want to be using over many other spells.
    Nah, I'm not saying it's anything resembling a go-to spell. I was refuting the claim that it's costly on your mana. One mustn't be misled into taking its tool-tip mana cost at face value.

As far as its uses, you use it for single-target healing while moving (if you're holding on to Swiftmend), and you use it if there's a timed surge of damage about to happen (i.e. reapers) that you're confident you can time its Bloom for. You don't really use it for passive HPS and VDW is one of the only exceptions to that because you can't overheal her until the encounter is over.

sROFL....... son. if you only knew how many ICCs ive done in 7 years. how many lods ive racked up. how many of your "end game" guilds ive been in and still are in. i mean if we want to get into an epeen contest i promise mine is bigger, longer, stronger, and has much more experience.
    Doing ICC for 7 years isn't necessarily indicative of any kind of worthwhile experience. It just tells me that you've been a private server connoisseur. As an aside, what are your thoughts on the current state Judgement of Light?
    Edited: May 18, 2018 Reason: Grammatical Accuracy