1. Decrease of farm bots.

Is it just me or are there much less farm bots than there used to be a few months ago?
    After checking Silithus, Winterspring and Desolace with a "/who" macro I couldn't find any suspicious names in these areas.
    Then I was flying around in Nagrand and it took me over 5 min until I found the first farm bot.
    The chinese gold farmer companys finally gave up?
    Is this maybe the reason for the recent population decrease?

2. 1 year of banhammer , it doesnt worth it to farm here anymore I guess. During summer 2017 I saw like 200 accounts per day banned

3. We're hoping so. We were pretty aggressive with tracking them down and banning them on a regular basis.

4. Gold prices dropped 70% in last 3 months.

They moved on to different projects.

5. I thought so! There's been a lot fewer druids named "Fgsfds" running around everywhere. Good!

6. We're hoping so. We were pretty aggressive with tracking them down and banning them on a regular basis.
    Not to mention others were pretty forum intensive. :P

7. That should explain the recent population decrease.
    I assume that in their golden times the farm bots made around 20% of the total population.
    Great that it seems like they finally gave up.

Maybe its time now for a second gold wipe to remove the remaining gold that the bots pumped in the economy in the last 4 months?
    I feel like another gold wipe should happen before s4 comes out.

8. Perhaps, as long as it does not encourage them to return.

9. Another squish ? You cannot be serious. The first one was ok as economy was messed up by heavy botting and all players with an actual brain were fine with it, but as they cease to exist prices are a lot higher, reasonable and very stable in my opinion. A squish in the current state would feel like Warmane has made enough money with me/TBC so that they can afford to sh*t directly in my face (donated about 250€ since 10/17). I mean how do you want to justify such a punishment on regular and honest players ? The times in which you could skill Leatherworking up to 350 for 400g are long gone. It would just steal like 15 days of raw playtime from me (and a lot of other raiders too) which I invested to be economically fine for the rest of raiding there is to come after the first one.

For reference, it was not uncommon on retail 2.4.3 to have 50k gold in the bank and multiple epic flying mounts if you were playing efficient and consecutively - so I do not get the point you might have. Are you insanely rich or do you know somebody who is, like 250k or even more ? Sounds a bit like Nazi Gold Stories to me for I do not know anybody on the server who has a chest with tons of bot gold or full guild banks with 5k cheaply bought void crystals hidden somewhere.

Furthermore being able to stack up in times were you have more spare time for farming is a crucial part in MMOs imo and if there will be a squish before or with SWP (arguably most difficult and therefore most expensive raid) there also will be a not-so-small player base left with only two options - buying from third parties and most likely get banned for doing so or straight quitting, just because they came prepared but were ripped af.

I srsly hate botting and all kinds of cheats or other "things" which provide advantage over the regulars and I hope the project is so unrewarding for the companies to never come back here, but what I personally dislike the most in any game (or even IRL) is being mistreated for being farsighted and well prepared.

Also a squish always favors the rich because they will have enough left afterwards, so if you own the 250k you won't be hurt if you log in and still have 125k - which is a different story if you worked hard shifts for like 5k-20k. If you play PvP I can understand that you would also be fine if you were left with half of it because you just have to afford 1 or 2 Mongoose enchants all 3-4 months but this also is a different story for guilds who want to kill KJ - you easily burn 1-2k in a week of progressive raiding while having far less time for caring about income.

Please neither call for nor squish it. It would do serious damage this time.

10. Check the mind blowing gold prices on trading these days: 132 gold for 1 coin.
    At the beginning of the year it was less than 50 gold for 1 coin. The prices nearly tripled in such a short time and thats on a x1 gold realm.

I have my doubts that the really big fishes on the trading market made their gold in a legit way. I see always the same ppl that have continuously multiple 10k gold auctions runing. When checking their armory they are never part of a big raiding guild. They are usually green/blue geared or half naked players with some weird no name guilds.
    I assume that many of them either found a way to duplicate items, bought a large amount of gold from botters or they are botting themself.

I agree though that a gold squish wont help here but something should be done against that.

11. Don't forget that with the new system limitation donation amount x10 prohibits you in making alot of coins.

That being said, I do still use boxing method ( I am part of horde now,no more alliance,teamed up with Kruschpak and few others to anhilate) to make my gold.
    But yeah, you have to be aware the more times goes on the gold will value less and less and coin worth will go up in a price.
    It is inevitable thing with the aging of server.

Good thing they got rid of bots,there was big clean wave 2 days ago, but I rarely see them in game anyways.
    No matter,now I can KOS alliance with my 8 boxing setup .) gg :P
    5 hunters are rolling slowly, got rid of my 5x shaman on alliance, too main stream.

12. Don't forget that with the new system limitation donation amount x10 prohibits you in making alot of coins.
    This system is still in place? I thought they lifted it already at the end of February.

13. Don't forget that with the new system limitation donation amount x10 prohibits you in making alot of coins.
    Sorry, I can't understand your meaning. Can someone translate please? Curious about this.

14. Sorry, I can't understand your meaning. Can someone translate please? Curious about this.
    I think he is referring to this: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=378369
    But according to the comments this was already lifted months ago.

15. I found some bots 1 named kras a gnome mage and Blq another frost mage farming fire elem in skald.

12 Last