1. Any Gold Making advice for new players

Hi all, I posted this originally on the Icecrown forums but it didn’t gain too much traction aside from a nice individual so I’ll ask here and see if I get any advice. This does pertain to the WOTLK realms though.

Hello all, hope everyone is well. Just a question - Does anyone have any gold tips for new players to the server? You level too fast to actually gain enough gold for even skills which means I have to spend time just grinding mobs and cloth to then wait and sell on the AH before I can progress.

I’m level 57 now and skills are now costing about 4 gold each and its very demoralizing to feel like I have to grind and grind (which just adds more skills since it’s a x7 server) just to be able to kill mobs (skills =/= power level and all). I was smart and made a lot of characters during the Easter event and did the daily that gave 7g every day and got 200g thinking that would last till I was max level and could farm gold myself. However I’m about to enter Outlands and I know that everything from skills to repair costs are going to increase since it’s a new expansion.

Currently I’m sitting on 10 gold. So any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Oh, I’m also a tailor and enchanter since I figured I could self sustain with gear/enchants and sell leftover crafts and mats on the AH.

2. for your first toon you should be leveling with 2 gathering proffs and gathering everything you can. skinning and mining/herb work best as you can't track both mining and herb at same time. also sell any cloth drops on the ah, and pick up all trash items and vendor them if your really strapped for cash.

that or take the lazy way like half the server seems to do, stand in a city and /yell all day begging for gold.

3. buy big slots bags and start actively looting trash loot

since you're going to Outland
    pls notice that gray weapon can be sold at NPC vendor up to 3 gold

when choosing Q rewards, prioritize items that can be sold with higher prices
    mainly plate armors and weapons
    new items will replace this item soon, anyway LOL :D

4. Good news, u can earn money easy.
    Farm primals(fire etc) in outland and keep your professions.
    u can earn alot this way

5. I have two methods for you, beside begging:
    1. As somebody mentioned up, loot every gray/green item u find on mobs. On outland, gray items sell for 1 to 5 gold each, and like 1 out of 3 mobs drop something like this.
    2. Get a profession. I recomend skinning, there are tons of beasts everywhere, and even low lvl mats (medium/heavy leather) sells for good prices in AH.

6. Google for where the deviant delight recipes fall and then farm those. I had two and managed to make 100g from those that got me going in the game.

7. Youtube/google methods, prolly find smth that suits u.

8. May 2, 2018  
    be rich and donate

in all seriousness, farming mats/hard to find ingredients is the best way