1. Toggle rates

After playing on Icecrown and discovering i was levelling faster than i thought usual, i discovered Icecrown had x7 rates; i feel, like many, i was one who wanted the WotLK experience and didn't read up on Warmane's policies and i apologize for that ignorance.

Lordaeron turned out not to be a viable alternative as it is more or less deserted when compared with Icecrown's thriving population. As a horde character, there is not a single individual outside of Orgrimmar, and only about 10-15 individuals at a given time in the VOS. The lack of vibrancy makes it personally hard to swallow.

Icecrown has an incredibly vibrant community, with blizz-like populations in major cities and it feels alive. However, there are players in level 20+ dungeons wearing starter level 1 gear because they qoute; "level so fast they don't have time to collect gear." When levelling i don't have time to quest in certain regions because i have soared above the difficulty to quickly, and miss a great deal of the content because of this. Similarly, I level faster than i can earn money, I have a level 25 who still hasnt been able to afford his first mount yet. Dungeons can really only be played once or twice before you've dinged two or three times in the same dungeon and become too higher level.

I completely understand Icecrown is not designed to cater to lower levels, and is designed so that players can reach 80 fast and raid in WoTLK's content. But for those of us who wish not to accelerate so quickly is there any such possibility there could be personal options for levelling rates, taking into regard these concerns?
    thank you for your time.
    Edited: April 13, 2018

2. Lordaeron is the realm for blizzlike wotlk feels. It has a less p2w store, x1 experiences etc, everything you are looking for. Not everyone enjoys it like this, this being why it's less popular than Icecrown, which sucks but it's the way it is.

I personally don't see giving Icecrown realm the option to toggle your xp rates lower to be that beneficial. To me, it doesn't make much sense for this to happen.

Leveling your first char can be a bit sucky when it comes to being able to afford your mounts and such. But you'll get there.
    Invest in some bags from a vendor, loot all items and sell them all to vendors to make sure you're building up the gold. People are helpful and I'm sure there's someone willing to spare you 50-100 gold. Don't learn all the abilities, you don't use them all leveling anyway so the ones which aren't exactly needed, don't learn them yet.

3. been suggested before and denied. there's nothing stopping you from doing grey quests in an area to get gear. and grab 2 gathering proffs and you won't have gold issues.