1. Lordareon - PvE Progress not possible, GS insanity?

Hi,

so i have been playing for a while on the x1 realm and noticed a gear score wall. Let me be more specific.
    I geared up by buying BoE pieces from AH, got my share from RDF HC, got my enchants and gems but my GS was still not high enough to get into VoA or higher. So i got myself pvp off-pieces to boost my gs (but not my dps) and i got into VoA atleast.

Now i have hit 5.2k gs and all thats left for me is ToC 25 and ICC, but in order to get in a raid in one of these, i need to have atleast 5.5k gs full pve and no pvp pieces. Also, even if you have the required gs you need to link an achievenment that proves you cleared these. Been trying and my current view on all this is, if i cannot get a place in an already established pve raiding guild, its impossible to get further progress. If you realy want to go by gs, icc 10 would be a good 5k which is realy enough. There are just a handfull of guilds that successfully organize to do these. Everything feels like monopoly. So you can guess the frustration is big.

Anyone else experiencing that? Any real solutions? (exept the long run frost emblem farm, which isnt realy a solution at all)

2. The only real reason people want a high amount of GS is so that you can DPS/Heal enough. If you can already pull out enough DPS, you can let the raid leader know. Depending on the raid leader, some will let you in. Some raids allow 1 or 2 PvP items but not more than that.

If you want to take part in a PuG, they always ask for higher GS than required since they don't know the players. As for achievements, the only reason they ask for it is that you know the tactics for the raid bosses. You can let the raid leader know that you know the tactics, some will let you in.

As for me, I joined a PvE Guild (Progressive). That way, there's no need for achievement, GS requirement isn't high and others help you grow! I'd say that's the only real solution.

Btw, EoT gear + BoE items are enough to push you above 5k GS without using PvP gear.

3. Create the PuG yourself instead of joining others. Lie your *** off (theres a bunch of addon that let you fake achievements, then you can go: "i may be 300gs short but look i already downed LK, so invite me anways"), be nice and hope (helps if you play at odd hours where people are in short supply). Grind out pvp arena points (10 games a week, doesnt even have to be wins and get relentless pieces for it) and as you mentioned yourself, emblems. (also, get the battered hilt and get the weapon, its also a big GS boost), can also cheese it and get pvp trinkets to boost your GS and hope no one notices.

Then PuG till you can join a guild.

Or go by forums, whispering people for help etc to find yourself a proper guild that will help you get geared, but that depends on luck.

Its all about getting over the initial bump, then its smooth sailing.
    Edited: April 17, 2018

4. well it depends. People dont take 5.2k gs ppl to icc 10 because they dont enchant/gem their gear. Do you have this sorted ? If you do not invest in yourself do not expect others to do it for you and carry you through content. 5.2k is enough for icc10 which drops 251lvl gear but you have to stick to alt runs and be happy with completing the first few wings of it.