1. Why is there still a focus on 3s in regards to titles or gear?

So, 3s are pretty dead and to most people pretty unfun because its straight up impossible to compete as certain classes without very, very good gear (priest vs tsg for example), there are few queues and very few people playing it. It might be the best bracket if there were queues, but there are none, right now (2 weeks or so into the season) there are 10 teams above 1500 (and nr 10 is 3 shamans).

So in regards to titles, gear requirement and in general any tries to push 3s, would it not just be best to simply forsake them in favor of focusing everything around 2s? 2s are actually played and are somewhat competetive.

So why not remove 3s requirements for wrathfull gear (i mean, come on, how many people have gotten their shoulders the non donation way? Id bet less then 0.0001% if anyone at all), remove the weird way titles are distributed (which i think is just a failed attempt to push 3s,

For those who dont know what i mean:

Season 2v2 Rewards

Rank 1 to Rank 3

Duelist title

Rank 4 to 10

Challenger title

Season 3v3 Rewards

Rank 1

Vengeful Gladiator title for WoTLK | Ruthless Gladiator title for Cataclysm
    Magic Rooster for each team member

Rank 2 to Rank 3

Gladiator title

Rank 4 to 10

Rival title

Which means the most competetive title on this server right now is Duelist, which is kinda weird, and pointless since all the appeal of titles is showing off, and 90% of the population doesnt know the title difference because they are used to retail. Seeing challenger on retail equals someone has had 1600 in 3s, so if they see it here its "meh", instead of knowing that person ended as a top 10 team in a season.

Maybe wait if crossserver arenas push 3s back to life, but if they dont (and im fairly sure they wont) shouldnt there be real consideration to focus on the alive part of the pvp scene (rbgs and 2s) instead of trying to push the dead part?

2. last season on Icecrown there were like 30 teams at 2k+ in 3s, aka eligible for shoulders, and like 5 teams I think above 2.2k which is an increase from earlier seasons. also cross fingers for cross realm arena for the activity.

3. >'3s pretty dead'
    there were teams with hundreds of games
    and teams at 2.4k

>'why dont we remove the requirement for shoulders'
    ok stop it

4. >'3s pretty dead'
    there were teams with hundreds of games
    and teams at 2.4k
    True, however... How many of them were full bis/donated? I can bet it was all of them, so they didn't even need a thing from there. And how many above 2.2k which is for t2 WF weapon weren't bis? I sure as hell am sure that nobody who was 2.2k and above wasn't full bis.

5. yeah teams at 2.2k+ were probably all full bis, however the 2k+ deffo had some bad geared teams.

6. was suggested many times, was denied as many.

if you dont want to participate in 3v3, you do not deserve to obtain the item, therefore you can donate for it.

warmane will never remove/nerf things just becouse majority dont like it.

7. True, however... How many of them were full bis/donated? I can bet it was all of them, so they didn't even need a thing from there. And how many above 2.2k which is for t2 WF weapon weren't bis? I sure as hell am sure that nobody who was 2.2k and above wasn't full bis.
    I fail to see how any of this is relevant. OP said 3s is dead. I simply replied that the statement (with the fact that there were teams @2.4k rating and teams with over 200 games played) wasnt true. whether people were bis or not has nothing to do with it.

8. I fail to see how any of this is relevant. OP said 3s is dead. I simply replied that the statement (with the fact that there were teams @2.4k rating and teams with over 200 games played) wasnt true. whether people were bis or not has nothing to do with it.
    Not if you compare it to the 2s ladder, there were extremely few people playing 3s overall. People remake 2s teams constantly, not so 3s.

9. Not if you compare it to the 2s ladder, there were extremely few people playing 3s overall. People remake 2s teams constantly, not so 3s.
    the 2s ladder is irellevant in any case

10. Howcome 3s is dead when for example, my team with furious geared char, got 92 games without even play that much?

I can understand if u were referring to few seasons ago, where the r1 title was for around 2k/2.1k, But now majority of people who talks like this are the ones who simply do not que 3s at all and blame the "gear" cause of it (Got 2 friends to Rival while we were just helping one to get his shoulders, and was 5/5 furious)

So i dont see your overall logic, if you dont want to que 3s, simply dont but do not act like it's a dead bracket to be honest.

And personally from how is the start of this season, seems like it is gonna be more active then the previous ones, already plenty teams are above 1.8 and, in my personal case, i get ques everytime i log in to play.

Also, u dont even bother to understand that 2s is more active cause it's just easier to progress on it compared to 3s, and, the majority of time the top10 teams are ALWAYS the same players that are top10 since ages.

11. the top10 teams are ALWAYS the same players that are top10 since ages.
    shh, dont burst their bubble. dont let them know what the ladder actually looks like.

12. To answer the question in the tile:

- Titles: to encourage more people to play 3v3, which has worked to increase the amount of people doing it;
    - Gear: because they are a reward from 3v3, not from 2v2, which should be obvious enough.

The bottom-line is if you care about those titles or pieces of gear, get yourself into a competitive 3v3 team and earn them, because not caring about 3v3 means forfeiting all of those.