1. Was rolling a rogue a mistake?

Hey guys , haven't played WoW in about 8 years.
    I mained a DK during Wotlk when it was live, and also had an alt Mage for PvP . I mained a rogue during Vanilla and TBC and had a blast. Wanted to give it a shot during this xpac. Reading all these posts makes me think rogue is kind of broken. Not to mention whenever I see people LFM , rogue is never what they are looking for. Currently lvl 27 , I wont playing Hardcore , just dabbling in PvP for the most part , PvE just to get geared. I wont be doing arena , just BG's and WPvP. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

2. I have felt on my “skin” many times that rogue is everything but not broken but is it useless in PvE? Yes it is. PvP is completely different thing.
    Personally, I don’t like rogues or would ever play one. Supporter classes are what’s fun.

Any healer, Disco, Boomie or Protribution would be my pick.

3. Rogues offer little for buffs and in pvp they're more for solo play.

4. Might want to give a try on Blackrock server (WoTLK): full pvp server where u start at max level,choose your spec and get BiS according to spec then all that left to do is PvP.

Wont have to grind to lv 80 to realize whats and whats not.
    Edited: April 16, 2018

5. ICC raiding (pve) wise - top dps
    PVP arenas - top class
    PVP BG's Premades - can be the difference if played smart

6. ICC raiding (pve) wise - top dps
    PVP arenas - top class
    PVP BG's Premades - can be the difference if played smart

Rogue ToP Dps? What did I miss?

7. you probably missed to be around good rogues
    tho if you playing on Icecrown i can see you missing this

8. Both assa and combat rogue can do amazing dps so in pve its not that bad, also you fill the same utility hunter does which is tot/md and ability to dispel enrage, altogh this one requires alot of skill to pull sm

9. I wont be doing arena , just BG's and WPvP. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
    Rogue is still fun in WPvP, but not that op like in vanilla or tbc, same goes for BG, if you like the rogue play you will have fun (with gear).

For PvE, every decent raid want at least one combat rogue. dmg buff and tot is a must have and rogue is one of the better dps classes.

10. Well ofc not, but it depends on ur playstyle. In PvE its litterly the top dps single target if u know how to play it well.
    I'm always nr1 on dps in icc25hc/rs25hc, but it takes a ****ton of keypunshing and focus.

11. i see lot of people talking bad about rogues on icecrown but i really dont know why
    in pve their doing tons of damage and always best 3 atleast
    And pvp is littl hard to tell because im not often fightin rogues but what i did saw were good enough to say its playable
    the only thing is people say rogue is hard to master

12. liek 60% of the server is plate so it's gonna be rough if you intend to be a solo pvper. Pick your battles, don't open up on a good ret or they are going to go 1h + SoV and spam rofl @ u. Warrs will spam overpower until ur dead and dks... no comment

13. Rogue ToP Dps? What did I miss?
    In terms of single target DPS, the only other melee DPS that should consistently match rogues at end-game are Fury Warriors.

Rogues are probably unpopular in the pugging scene because they don't tend to bring the kind of utility pugs expect, plus they take up an MDPS spot (pugs tend to fill on MDPS quicker). Rogues are highly sought after by any end-game guilds worth their salt though.

14. well, rogue is not a fotm PvP class in wotlk if thats what you asking

15. In terms of single target DPS, the only other melee DPS that should consistently match rogues at end-game are Fury Warriors.

Rogues are probably unpopular in the pugging scene because they don't tend to bring the kind of utility pugs expect, plus they take up an MDPS spot (pugs tend to fill on MDPS quicker). Rogues are highly sought after by any end-game guilds worth their salt though.
    I see that you are very familiar with rogues, so tell me: Is there anything else they offer to RAID beside High-single Target DPS?
    These are News to me.

12 Last