1. How to start PvE?

This is not a QQ thread, I'm asking out because I would like to start PvE and I'm willing to learn and improve myself.

- Pugs usually require 5.4k-5.8k gs for ToC 10nm, I did RDFs and bought full EoT items / bought ToC crafting items. And I'm still at 5.3k gs (with donated weap and trinket)

(And when full 232 gears get you to around 5.1k gs but ToC 10nm drops only 232, *meaning that you don't need anything from ToC 10nm when your gs is qualified to join, isn't it weird?*).

- Most pugs also require achievements, which is obtained from doing one <kinda like searching for a job in the real world lol >.

- Guilds also require minimum gs, achievements. (just like pugs).

Seriously, the only way I could I think of is farming EoF from daily RDF (2 per day) and buy full T10s and items (And they still require achievements)
    ........or just stick to PvP.

So my question is: "How did you guys start PvE?"

2. Do you know ICC or RS tactics?

If YES: Create your own PUG for ICC 10 and RS and see how it goes.
    If NO: Learn them and apply for progression guilds, make sure you know tactics and what to do in First 5/6 ICC encounters which is generally easier than HoR HC lol.

Asking for achievement is just not smart. First time I got Kungslayer I had no F. Idea what was going on.

3. 5.3 is more than enough for toc 10n, you just need to find a progression guild

4. Create a macro for trade chat and at peek times, spam this;
    a) if you know tactics: "Looking for a guild to have fun with and raid (and/or pvp, w/e u'd like to do), without demanding being overgeared!"
    b) if you don't know tactics: "Looking for a guild to learn icc tactics and raid with!"
    You can change those sentences to your likes of course, but those should do the job!
    That's how I first got into raid action when I was a completely newbie(and I experienced wow here, at warmane).

PS: Also keep in mind that PuG ICC 10 nm alt runs, don't ask for crazy requirements, and while they aim 4-6/12 they usually down 8/12(leaving pp,bql,sind and lk), especially a few days before the reset.

5. Or... how about some of you hardcore PvErs sacrifices some of your time and help this guy a bit?

Like create and lead ICC 10N with few guildees, few pugs and give him a proper raiding introduction?

(Yes, I mean you almost-full-bis-smourne-fury-warr)

That way he will get that “achievement” that’s going to help him join pugs or guilds.
    Edited: April 16, 2018

6. there's plenty of guilds that advertise on global that don't require achievements. find one that suits your timezone and join. pugs should be avoided as much as possible.

7. Or... how about some of you hardcore PvErs sacrifices some of your time and help this guy a bit?

Like create and lead ICC 10N with few guildees, few pugs and give him a proper raiding introduction?

That way he will get that “achievement” that’s going to help him join pugs or guilds.
    If somebody's going to create that raid group and lead it I wouldn't decline, but don't think I'm a hardcore raider/pve'er just cuz im high geared :D besides icc10nm, I joined icc25nm and toc10nm once and that's it, my raiding experience is quite low and disappointing :(

8. I completely sympathize with OP. This server is kinda difficult to get your foot in the door.

I’ll tell a quick story. Here is my official live armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...alganis/emyuss

This Paladin has been played since 2006. It’s older then maybe some of the players playing this server. Emyuss (My Paladin) was there to kill KT in original vanilla WoW; He stormed Illidand Keep and jailed the betrayer and then moved on to send Kil’jeaden back through his portal; He traveled to Northrend and laid waste to the Lich King; He stopped the destruction of the world by destroying Deathwing; He went to Pandaria and stopped what could have been mass genocide; He traveled to a different timeline and finally killed Archimonde once and for all; He traveled through the twisting nether and defeated Kil’jaeden once and for all; Finally Emyuss completed what he had been trying to do for 13 years - He imprisioned Sargeras, put his weapon up and retired.

The point of that story was - I have played this game since it’s launch, and I completed all content at its original and most difficult designs. All you’d have to do is look at my achievements (Amani Warbear, The super rare title “Hand of A’dal,” Invincibles Reins, etc). However as I’m approaching max level (79) on this realm I’ve started looking for a guild. With all my previous experience and actually having the achievements that they’re looking for on live; nobody will accept me because apparently my feats 8-9 years ago don’t count.

Why won’t they accept me? Because I don’t have any gear, well how do you get gear? You do the raids. But you can’t raid unless you have the gear/achievements. Makes sense right?

Sadly I’m seeing this server you have to pay in order to even start or it’ll take a very very very long time.

Also: Hi Nibvictum! I’m almost at level cap!

9. I figured you had a lot of experience, and it’s impressive. People here care about GS as much as achievements(more about GS tbh). Thing is that if you want to do serious raiding, you would need to have gear which doesn’t make sense as you can’t have both if you’re new. I think that’s because there are more End-game content guilds than progressive guilds.

If I had more time, I’d definitely make my own guild and start from beginning, until next potential stroke from wipeing 20 times on LK, lmao. I wantes to say, I joined very friendly and alive PvE guild few days ago even tho I’m PvP only and If you’re interested I’d give it a shot, AT least to see what requirements are. If it doesn’t work for you, I can help out a bit and see what can we improve to get you in.

Hello buddy, I’m glad you’re doing good!

Edit: Leads are group of experienced retail players who are in procesa of clearing WotLK content now.I think LK25m was cleared two days ago and guild seems to be what I’d be in if I was to PvE(with a bit less of “man” only jokes tho ;))

10. VoA is an excellent way to bonus frost and possibly gear each week, find one or host one, requirements are typically low.
    Despite their rarity, there are pug raids that only require 5.2k+ for ICC and about 5k for ToC, keep an eye out for those.
    If pugs aren't your style you can try to find an upstart guild, they're always eager to throw themselves at raids. If you join early and contribute they'll value you more which equates to raid invites. The quality of a fresh guild is always suspect but maybe you'll get lucky.
    Low gear raids aren't going to get very far especially if player knowledge doesn't back them up, it's part of the progression that you just have struggle or get carried through. Or donate for items of course.

As for the gear itself, get gear that makes you better AND gear that makes you look better; gearscore padding is only shameful if you can't back it up. Join raids with your good looking gear but use the better set once things get started.

11. Or... how about some of you hardcore PvErs sacrifices some of your time and help this guy a bit?

boosting wont solve a thing

12. boosting wont solve a thing
    Like I said, he’s going to get little bit of experience, gear, achievement which will make him more acceptable for guilds that he’s willing to join.

What else you were planning to solve?

13. Like I said, he’s going to get little bit of experience, gear, achievement which will make him more acceptable for guilds that he’s willing to join.

What else you were planning to solve?
    What you're speaking of is a boost. He wouldn't provide any help the raid as a full bis group could easily 9 man a normal. This won't help him at all, it won't teach him boss mechanics or show him how to play his class during these fights. If he truly has no ICC experience a pug and or videos are the best places to learn.

14. You guys are way too much into this. You’re not raising a child and you need to learn that child everything properly. This is a game, but many people like to torture other people only because they had hard time doing same things.
    He better waste three months of his life and nerves in pugs only because we had to do it that way.

And just a note to boss mechwnics and learning his class:

1. It is known that ta tacticsfor first 10 bosses in ICC equals rocket science.
    2. PvE is also known being very hard to master, in terms of your class ‘cause pressing 4/5 buttons in a rotation/jumping out of flame/defile/passing bite is a real ART.

Edit: everyrhing you guys are saying is pure nonsese, for the inability of using another words with the same meaning.

12 Last