1. Recruit a friend

It would be nice if you could recruit a friend and get ponits/Swift Zhevra if you recruit a friend and that friend reaches lvl 80.
    What do you guys think ?

2. RaF system in the free game has a lot of holes.

3. yup , people will just create new accounts and lie about recruiting someone.

4. What about
    1. Your friend donate (some mount as reward. different based on your friend activity (donor) rank)
    2. Reach 1000 achievement points (some points as reward. 10 on 1000, 20 on 2000 and so)
    about achievement points you can reward account owner with points and the recruiter with some % of them as bonus
    1000 achievement points = +10 points for the owner and +5 for recruiter
    5000 achievement points = +50 points for the owner and +25 for recruiter

rewards to be based on activity of your friend instead account creation itself
    Edited: April 17, 2018

5. Sounds like a good idea to bring in more players, putting a donation requirement behind it means those players are willing and able to donate which means they likely continue to donate. However, there would be discrepancies between expansions with what mounts are available from Recruit-A-Friend which makes more effort for whomever implements it.

The donation requirement is the most reasonable for the servers benefit, but is also the most redundant. The Recruit-A-Friend mounts are already on the Coin Shop (at least for Icecrown) for individual purchase. Placing them behind Recruit-A-Friend AND donations just hinders people who have no friends from spending more money (at least with less of the effort of making an alt account).

Together the X-53 Touring Rocket and the Swift Zhevra cost a combined 52 coins without discounts. I'd imagine an appropriate donation requirement would be the basic 10 for premium, leaving the server at a loss. Of course there could be a higher requirement, e.g. the friend must become a Contributor (donated $100).

All that being said: if this were implemented i'd like to see it as a non-donation requirement, e.g. both accounts must reach Envoy activity rank.

6. All that being said: if this were implemented i'd like to see it as a non-donation requirement, e.g. both accounts must reach Envoy activity rank.
    This fixed the only thing that was wrong with the idea.

7. All that being said: if this were implemented i'd like to see it as a non-donation requirement, e.g. both accounts must reach Envoy activity rank.
    Minor flaw - Activity rank is a defunct feature for Outland players.

8. Minor flaw - Activity rank is a defunct feature for Outland players.
    I forgot about that. That also questions the ease of reaching that rank on different expansions, not sure if it's already accounted for but Cata/MoP would have significantly more achievements and thus easier to reach a specific rank. I guess this calls for separate or additional requirements for each expansion.

Since more Recruit-A-Friend rewards were added with each expansion, tiered rewards come to mind.
    - Swift Zhevra given to both the recruiter and recruit upon reaching a specified (max?) level.
    - Other rewards given based on Achievement Points on the individual servers (characters?) and/or Activity Rank.