1. Is there any time table for cross realm arenas and bgs? The original estimate was 3 months, which would be right around this time.

Also, there needs to be a way to drop mmr on icecrown and lordaeron because of how the system works. If I’m at 2.5k mmr and want to start a team, there’s no possible way I’d be able to climb personal rating without dropping mmr.

I know that last season there were some very disgusting abuses of mmr dropping far below standard mmr, but will we be punished if we drop to 1500 for the purposes of making a new team?

This. If you start one team, and for some reason cannot continue that team, you are f*cked. Your mmr is way too high to start something new, and if you drop, you get disbanded.

2. I just want to clarify something about the 2k+ minimum required rating for gladiator title in 3s. In Frostwolf, due to the low population, 3s is literally a dead bracket, nobody ever ques for 3s unless you keep spamming global chat and in most cases you just get ignored and nobody ques cause 99% of the server is interested in 2s more, which makes us the 1% left who are trying hard to earn rating get discriminated. At the very least, make the requirement for gladiator on frostwolf be 1.8k rate. 2k+ is impossible to reach with the server's current state and mindset of players. Just my two cents.

Yours truly.

3. Isle of Quel'Danas and all related content will be released around the same.
    Does "related content" include MGT and SWP also? Seems odd not to have mentioned them specifically. Looking for clarification please.

4. "Isle of Quel'Danas and all related content will be released around the same." Can someone explain this ? I've probably missed something this months. Isle of Quel Danas will now be World PVP zone ?

5. AP's and honor never reset during TBC on live or on private servers
    Would be nice if someone from the staff could indeed confirm this.

6. Need to point out a system issue (i suppose), that i think is one of the minor changes to the mmr...

The issue comes from the fact that people leave arena in preparation room or in the first seconds of the started match makes the other "winning" team get 0 rating, i didnt had the opportunity to check if the enemy team loose rating also cause it happened majority of the time against people with less then 1k rating.

Altho i can confirm that doing that allows the leaver team to get the games (So mostly of the players who are doing 10 games randomly simply do that if are low geared), making any other team being forced to wait and/or leave que and/or accepting the fact that if they leave they will not get any rate up and forced to reque.

In my opinion it will be an issue in the future time, cause it could be easly abused to stop any team from queing, or simply do not allowing the enemy team to get rating.

To be short (cause with my bad english i might not explaning good)

X team leave in prep room, he get the loss so can get 10 games for points------ Y team get +0
    X team leave the arena before get in combat, same as above

In this way it will be a matter of times when people who will face a certain team where will be sure they will loose, will just leave, loose their rating but the enemy team will not get a single rating point.
    Some explanation by the staff?

http://armory.warmane.com/team/fml/I.../match-history match ID 119596 , they left as soon as noticed it was my team. +0

7. Some explanation by the staff?

http://armory.warmane.com/team/fml/I.../match-history match ID 119596 , they left as soon as noticed it was my team. +0
    well... So this is a case a Team decide to leave because they know there is no chance to win
    on 119591 match ( legit arena) they lost -7 MMr and -5 personal
    on 119506 match ( left before start) they lost -14 mmr ( so double) and still -4 personal

In this way it is NOT good at all because it incentives ppl to leave arena if they know ( thanks to who list) they cant win.
    1. They did not give a real win to the enemy team ( so winning = +0)
    2. They lost double of mmr they would have lost with a legit arena ( which is a good thing for them)
    3. Their Team/Personal lost like a legit arena

So I suggest to make them lost also double ( or triple) of Team/personal rating to avoid this kind of behavior

That said to incentivate ppl to not drop MMR it would be nice to implement the Blackrock system for winning/losing when MMR team is way too high comparated to Team rating. (which is just the same Cataclysm system as far as I Know).

As some ppl said before on icecrown often happens that if a player with high mmr ( like 2600 mmr) decides to make a new team from 0 he prefer to drop mmr back to 1500 otherwise it would be a pain to reach high Team rating by starting with that high MMR.
    Here is were Blackrock/Cata system help. If they win they will get way more Team/Personal rating to make their rating reach their MMR as soon as possible

8. well... So this is a case a Team decide to leave because they know there is no chance to win
    on 119506 match ( left before start) they lost -14 mmr ( so double) and still -4 personal

In this way it is NOT good at all because it incentives ppl to leave arena if they know ( thanks to who list) they cant win.
    2. They lost double of mmr they would have lost with a legit arena ( which is a good thing for them)

So I suggest to make them lost also double ( or triple) of Team/personal rating to avoid this kind of behavior

That said to incentivate ppl to not drop MMR it would be nice to implement the Blackrock system for winning/losing when MMR team is way too high comparated to Team rating. (which is just the same Cataclysm system as far as I Know).

As some ppl said before on icecrown often happens that if a player with high mmr ( like 2600 mmr) decides to make a new team from 0 he prefer to drop mmr back to 1500 otherwise it would be a pain to reach high Team rating by starting with that high MMR.
    Here is were Blackrock/Cata system help. If they win they will get way more Team/Personal rating to make their rating reach their MMR as soon as possible
    I think despite all of what u've said which is more then correct, the "winner" team should get rate from them, no matter what.
    To be honest if the system will be kept like this, i know already several ways to abuse of this, and i guess i'm not the only who figured it out...Especially in 3v3.

9. We have a date for sunwell, nice, and what about zul aman? supposed to be released before if I'm right^^

And about arena points? Like Peregrine asked, did we keep our points for S4 or they will be reseted?

Questions are about Outland of course
    thanks for answer

10. well... So this is a case a Team decide to leave because they know there is no chance to win

This was oversight on our end, we will make it so that personal rating change follows mmr in those cases and we will see from there if it does the job.

11. Would be nice if someone from the staff could indeed confirm this.
    i agree it would end all the questions about ap/honor getting reset but what i said is true
    no time in TBC on live or on private servers has ap or honor been reset with a new season,even here on warmane they never reset ap/honor in s2 or s3,why change that going into s4?

12. That's the point: one team can't get it on its own, it requires... activity, from multiple teams, growing in rank together because of their shared interest in the rewards. The point of a competition like this never is for a single team to "grind" alone to victory.
    Exactly thats why just simply saying that you require a higher rating to get the rewards isnt promoting anything its just setting the bar higher, how is you saying that 2k is required for the titles going to make other new teams que that dont already? it wont. It may make the few people that play already, play more but thats so few people it wont matter. We need more people making more teams and quing more often. Im not saying raising the rating required isnt a good idea either, im just saying that in doing so its not promoting more people to play 3s. Promoting something is like saying hey u get 50% off or a special reward if you participate ect. ect. the solution you've presented isnt a solution at all to get more people interested in the 3s brackets. its just a way to not give away cool titles for nothing and I agree with it.

13. Why not host a 3s tournament? That is promoting something. Offer a prize to the top 3 teams.

14. Exactly thats why just simply saying that you require a higher rating to get the rewards isnt promoting anything its just setting the bar higher, how is you saying that 2k is required for the titles going to make other new teams que that dont already? it wont. It may make the few people that play already, play more but thats so few people it wont matter. We need more people making more teams and quing more often. Im not saying raising the rating required isnt a good idea either, im just saying that in doing so its not promoting more people to play 3s. Promoting something is like saying hey u get 50% off or a special reward if you participate ect. ect. the solution you've presented isnt a solution at all to get more people interested in the 3s brackets. its just a way to not give away cool titles for nothing and I agree with it.
    You are confusing marketing promotion to generate temporary interest with indirectly creating activity based on the simple fact that people will need to be more active to get the rewards, if they want them (if people don't want the rewards I personally see nothing wrong with simply no one getting them). They are separate things. Even if a tournament was arranged, I would expect the same minimum rating to be enforced to qualify just the same, and it would in the end be momentary interest just for the sake of the tournament, not the activity itself.

15. While we are already talking about "activity".
    Why no rewards for Outlands 5s bracket?
    Isn't it a nice thing that for the first time in Molten/Warmanes history we have a active 5s ladder. Shouldn't that be promoted?
    I wont even take the obvious inactivity in the top 50 3v3 as an argument, its beyond me how the mods justify rewarding warrior/enhance/x combo gladiator in 3s but no rewards for high rated 2345/2346/ JAC or eurocomp. 5s seems to be active from saturday to tuesday (i scout top 50 frequently for sniping hehe) and its amazing how active this bracket is despite not rewarding any title. It maybe has something to do with 5s not being **** as in wotlk/cata/mop.

First 1234 ... Last