1. July 9, 2018  

[UPDATE 3] Decommission of Neltharion

Greetings Warmane community,

Keeping in mind the current population status on Neltharion and lack of demand for the Cataclysm expansion, we have come to a decision that Neltharion will be decommissioned in this month and the entire state of characters will be preserved for the future if in any event the demand for the cataclysm expansion arises.

We have no exact date as we are still developing the systems for upgrading and downgrading. As soon as we are done, we will add a specific date and time for the decommission. Postponing is possible but not expected.

For the remaining players on the realm, we offer the possibility to continue playing on our Mists of Pandaria realm, Frostwolf or downgrading their characters and allowing them to play on Icecrown. All characters will be duplicated and will be available on Frostwolf or Icecrown to play.

Neltharion was the name of our very first realm and we are sad to see the name fade into history, perhaps in the future it could be repurposed and the flag of the Black Dragonblight will be hoisted once again. For now, it will be etched in our past.

Kind regards,
    Warmane

-- UPDATE

We have come to the conclusion that downgrading will no longer be a possibility, after much testing, downgrading would be the equivalent of re-making the character entirely, with a conversion of over 100,000 different parts of the character needing support.

The following details outline what to expect when upgrading to Mists of Pandaria.

- Players that have used coins on Neltharion in the past will have the option to select a basic gear set when upgrading.
    - Players that have used coins on Neltharion in the past will receive instant level 90.
    - Recustomization is provided with all upgrades.
    - A cap of 100,000 gold has been placed on all upgrades.
    - Specializations and all class spells must be relearnt.
    - Stackable consumables must be unstacked to use them once upgrading.
    - Companions are not upgraded as Mists of Pandaria introduces the battle pet system.
    - Items, mounts, professions, reputation and pets are upgraded.

-- UPDATE 2

We have pushed back the release of upgrading slightly to add conversion of companions into battle pets.

-- UPDATE 3

We have decided that WOTLK transfers will become available, but the only thing that will follow the character will be:

- Mounts that exist in WOTLK
    - Companions that exist in WOTLK
    - Titles that exist in WOTLK
    - Achievements and Achievement Progress, Statistics that exist in WOTLK.
    - Professions without recipes, and skill caps reduced to that of WOTLK limits.

So in essence, everyone will receive the above + a fresh level 80 character, with a free recustomization and a "level up" gear set (the same as those selectable on the level up service page).

This will likely be released over the next few days.

Players that have already transferred to Mop will be able to transfer the same character down to WOTLK too, meaning you can transfer both ways.

Other things still have not been decided upon.

2. July 9, 2018  
    What happens to coins that were spent on items and services for Cata characters?

3. July 9, 2018  
    this feature to copy characters to Icecrown/Frostwolf realm will be Free for Neltharion players?

4. July 9, 2018  
    R.I.P. Neltharion Realm. Was good expansion.

5. July 9, 2018  
    For the remaining players on the realm, we offer the possibility to continue playing on our Mists of Pandaria realm, Frostwolf or downgrading their characters and allowing them to play on Icecrown. All characters will be duplicated and will be available on Frostwolf or Icecrown to play.
    I like this part.

6. July 9, 2018  
    this feature to copy characters to Icecrown/Frostwolf realm will be Free for Neltharion players?
    It will be free.

7. July 9, 2018  

8. July 9, 2018  
    What about our gear, mounts and other items?

9. July 9, 2018  
    What about our gear, mounts and other items?
    It should go with you. We are not sure what exactly will follow to Icecrown and what kind of conversions will be there. That is why there is no exact date. We are still working on the system.

Until we are sure, there will be no announcements containing specific information.

10. July 9, 2018  
    What if i have chars on Neltharion and Icecrown on the same acc? I have 10 chars on Neltharion, mostly 403ilvl+ and i have 10 chars on Icecrown (not so geared), will i have to delete chars on Icecrown to be able to transfer chars from Neltharion ?

11. July 9, 2018  
    It should go with you. We are not sure what exactly will follow to Icecrown and what kind of conversions will be there. That is why there is no exact date. We are still working on the system.

Until we are sure, there will be no announcements containing specific information.
    when it comes to mop/wotlk i think best thing would be to give us atleast give us some starter gear or tier below last raid so we can start "progressing" on the new server

12. July 9, 2018  
    Are we gonna be able to transfer some chars on mop some on wotlk or only on 1 server

13. July 9, 2018  
    So how exactly would a character transfer from Neltharion to Icecrown look like?
    Let's take a BiS geared character on Neltharion as an example. Would that character then get full BiS gear on Icecrown? Also would there be any gold compensation or will the new char on Icecrown start with 0 gold?

14. July 9, 2018  
    So there is no hope for fresh Cataclysm realm:( thats sad news.

15. July 9, 2018  
    Can we have our coins back? I don't want equal gear on wotlk or mop, I dont want to play those expansions.
    It would be very unfair if you wouldn't allow this.

12311 ... Last