1. Fair enough.

A snarky condescending comment? I'm not sure what you thought was cranky or patronizing about what I said, because logically, nothing is implied there except that I can't directly help and that such should be obvious. You should probably calm down just a tad.

@Thread, I've seen a few topics like this appear on the forum recently. I know the issue already existed for some time, but with more topics appearing, it seems the issue is getting worse. It may become necessary for the developer team to address it. We are reading the feedback you provide on situations such as this. I think the biggest question right now is how do we approach the issue, and how do we create a "cure" that isn't worse than the disease? For example, if you want people like this to get deserter when they get kicked, well then we could have bullying appear where people get kicked for no reason and get a deserter debuff out of it. Perhaps a half-measure deserter debuff (15min instead of 30min) would be appropriate?
    Or perhaps it should be approached like we do with the ninja-looting rules.
    Mercy: This is the issue I'm talking about. 99% of the time it's the tank or healer that does it. They get near instant ques and if they don't want to do the dungeon they simply harass the group into kicking them so they don't get a debuff. Then they'll either sit in a city and **** talk or logoff/play another game. This literally just happened minutes ago after sitting in que for 35 mins.

The healer didn't like the tank and left after 2 pulls saying to kick him/someone so he could leave. The following screenshots show his attitude. Note: I blocked out all names so there's no witch hunting. The guy who is the PL (Lighter Blue Font) is the healer who refuses to continue and the other guy is a poor DK DPS who is tired of this crap as well.

Him saying to kick so he can reque: https://puu.sh/A7d92/9fd5bdaf5e.png

After I mentioned that I reported him and said it is bannable for gameplay disruption he stated he didnt care cause they wont ban him: https://puu.sh/A7dgP/8b84802092.png

Player refusing to select a role so we could reque: https://puu.sh/A7dlE/b7fe33d23a.png

Another player asking him to please choose his role and the healer stating: Let's wait an hour then, I don't care I'll go play something else: https://puu.sh/A7drq/0b153f0bfd.png

It was 5 minutes later that another DPS took the bullet and just left giving himself a 30 min debuff. This is absolutely out of control. As I have previously stated this happens FAR TOO OFTEN on this server and honestly it kills the experience for new player's who may not want to simply buy all of their gear via donation. A ticket alone will take an entire day to be resolved and you run into these players hourly. There NEEDS to be better support for this.

2. I forwarded this thread to the rest of the Staff on Wednesday as I (and others) recognize the problem and how it's growing. Palutena informed on the same day that she had pushed the issue further herself, as she also acknowledges people seem to be taking there being no punishment for granted and abusing that. So, while I can't say what (or if) will come from it, this isn't being flat out ignored.

3. My suggestion is as follows:

Case 1: Player is offline in party for more than 2 minutes.
    If removed from the party, they are given a 30 minute debuff.

Case 2: Player is online, but teleports out of the instance
    After 5 minutes outside of the dungeon, the player can now receive a 30 minute debuff if removed from the group.

Case 3: Player is Online, inside the dungeon, but not participating in fighting
    After 5 minutes of not participating in any fight or entering combat in the dungeon, upon kicking the player will give them a 30 minute debuff.

Case 4: Player is Online, inside the dungeon, and participating in fighting
    This is a lot more complicated. This is the case where people are in-combat through a single auto attack, but doing absolutely no other action to avoid the debuff system.

If the total number of actions in the last 5 minutes < 10 (10 is an example), then the player is eligible to be removed with a 30 minute debuff.

Other consideration's: when a player is eligible to be removed with a 30 minute debuff, they will have an icon/flag/portrait change that indicates they will receive a penalty if removed.

Special cases to consider: if a person was once flagged for a penalty upon removal, but now becomes active, and satisfies the constraints above, the penalty should be removed, if and only if: a) player is online for at least 2 minutes b) player is inside dungeon for at least 5 minutes c) player has participated in fights for at least 5 minutes AND his total number of actions in the last 5 minutes is >= 10. If the constraints a, b, and c, are ALL satisfied, then the penalty debuff is removed. If only one constraint (say, constraint a), is satisfied, then it should not remove the penalty until all constraints are satisfied.

That is how I would handle this situation. I am open for your feedback and how the above may be exploited, and how it could be improved.
    Edited: April 20, 2018

4. well, i play on lord and dont happen too often (i play on US night time), but what about putting a cd of rdf?

if you wanna can pull custom timers for specific dungeons, but the main idea is put a cd on rdf when the group is created and ready, with this you have to do the dungeon or eat the cd anyways.

If a new member join in a current dungeon, the cd must be the party cd obviusly.

oh i forget, if the dungeon is over the cd must be reset.
    Edited: April 21, 2018

5. well, i play on lord and dont happen too often (i play on US night time), but what about putting a cd of rdf?

if you wanna can pull custom timers for specific dungeons, but the main idea is put a cd on rdf when the group is created and ready, with this you have to do the dungeon or eat the cd anyways.

If a new member join in a current dungeon, the cd must be the party cd obviusly.

oh i forget, if the dungeon is over the cd must be reset.
    Correct me if I"m wrong, from what I could understand, you are suggesting a CD for the RDF use, kinda like Cataclysm had, you would use it and join the dungeon, after it teleported all players inside it would leave everyone in a 30mins CD on the RDF. While this seems ok I remember people still inviting and replacing other players via group invite.

Although to be honest, it might not be such a bad idea, it would make everyone have to wait 30mins for another Q but it might also make everyone think twice before planning on going into RDF.

6. I seriously don't understand why this is happening a lot on Icecrown (maybe other realms on Warmane), yet during all my time playing Retail no matter the expansion, I haven't heard of anyone griping about this issue. I can only think of one time years ago and that was while I was leveling with an arrogant tank saying "Kick me, this healer doesn't have the gear for my kind of pulling".

So why is it such a huge issue here and why was it and still is hardly ever an issue in Retail?

7. I seriously don't understand why this is happening a lot on Icecrown (maybe other realms on Warmane), yet during all my time playing Retail no matter the expansion, I haven't heard of anyone griping about this issue. I can only think of one time years ago and that was while I was leveling with an arrogant tank saying "Kick me, this healer doesn't have the gear for my kind of pulling".

So why is it such a huge issue here and why was it and still is hardly ever an issue in Retail?
    Same reasons 90% of the arena ladder consists of humans and never came even close to that on retail: far too easy access to end game PvE gear and a decade of min maxing. A large part of the player base has done the dungeons hundreds of times and when they find themselves in a dungeon they know will take more than most others, they're naturally inclined towards leaving it, especially if they require no gear from the dungeon itself and know they can get a fast re-queue such as in the case of tanks and healers. Problems like these will naturally amplify themselves from whatever infantile state they were on retail just by the virtue of stagnation and they should be recognized and dealt with accordingly without the fear of appearing not blizzlike because these problems are not blizzlike to begin with and were instead created by the different circumstances under which Icecrown exists.
    Edited: April 22, 2018

8. Well I had a very well thought out and detailed post laid out that had valid concerns and ways to fix them; but it was deleted by a moderator, quoted in a PM and then answered there. Strange... you’d think that wouldn’t happen.

9. How do you guys think, that such changes to RDFHC, if people leave/wants to be kicked. or just tele out, wont make more problems? Yeah, i am the one of those people who dont like alot of dungeons yeah. and i aint really scared of such changes much. since i play 5h+ on daily basis. but u guys gotta think if this wont make more issues than fix it.
    i feel ya guys. probably trolling will go to the next level then.
    Edited: April 24, 2018

10. How do you guys think, that such changes to RDFHC, if people leave/wants to be kicked. or just tele out, wont make more problems? Yeah, i am the one of those people who dont like alot of dungeons yeah. and i aint really scared of such changes much. since i play 5h+ on daily basis. but u guys gotta think if this wont make more issues than fix it.
    Honestly I’m not quite sure what it is you are actually trying to say here? All I got out of that was you’re someone who doesn’t like doing a lot of the dungeons and you’re not scared of changes... oh and that you play 5+ hours daily (not even sure why that’s relevant). Your first sentence needs a relook I’ve read it like 10 times and even typed it out and I can’t figure out what the heck you’re trying to say.

11. Honestly I’m not quite sure what it is you are actually trying to say here? All I got out of that was you’re someone who doesn’t like doing a lot of the dungeons and you’re not scared of changes... oh and that you play 5+ hours daily (not even sure why that’s relevant). Your first sentence needs a relook I’ve read it like 10 times and even typed it out and I can’t figure out what the heck you’re trying to say.
    They're asking if you think, that if changes were implemented, whether people would still find ways to be a problem.

12. How do you guys think, that such changes to RDFHC, if people leave/wants to be kicked. or just tele out, wont make more problems? Yeah, i am the one of those people who dont like alot of dungeons yeah. and i aint really scared of such changes much. since i play 5h+ on daily basis. but u guys gotta think if this wont make more issues than fix it.
    You can't come up with a solution to a problem that doesn't yet exist.

If someone comes up with a strategy to maliciously obstruct the group (also known as trolling), then, you cannot come up a solution until you know what the problem is. What if changes are made, and no additional trolling will occur? Well, that's the end of the matter.

What if you implement the changes and it makes the problem worse? Well, you cannot give an answer to that, because, we don't know what players would do, that would make the problem worse. In other words, it is worse not to act at all, and letting the problem persist - rather than acting, coming up with a solution, and taking the problem as they arrive.

In the worst case, if the problem becomes worse, you can revert the system to where it was before.

13. They're asking if you think, that if changes were implemented, whether people would still find ways to be a problem.
    If so, it’s very pointless question as whole patching/updating process(and many other processes) work that way. It’s supposed to be improvement, doesn’t have to be final or perfect.

@TheFeeler: Buddy, I couldn’t care less about which dungeons you like or not, that’s personal preference. Whole point about this thread is to prevent abuse in RDF system in a way where people who want to complete RDF actually complete it and that’s it. Play 25 hours a day and leave 10 RDF’s, and that’s ok as Long you get proper “punishment” and my game experience is impacted as little as possible.
    Edited: April 24, 2018

14. Same reasons 90% of the arena ladder consists of humans and never came even close to that on retail: far too easy access to end game PvE gear and a decade of min maxing. A large part of the player base has done the dungeons hundreds of times and when they find themselves in a dungeon they know will take more than most others, they're naturally inclined towards leaving it, especially if they require no gear from the dungeon itself and know they can get a fast re-queue such as in the case of tanks and healers. Problems like these will naturally amplify themselves from whatever infantile state they were on retail just by the virtue of stagnation and they should be recognized and dealt with accordingly without the fear of appearing not blizzlike because these problems are not blizzlike to begin with and were instead created by the different circumstances under which Icecrown exists.
    Should've known this. Some ******* who's name I can't mention here even though I personally think he deserves to be called out was trying to defend this kind of toxic behavior by saying "DURR THIS HAPPENS 10X WORSE IN RETAIL DURR" even though I never saw it happen once during my time back.

Well, I just recently went back to Retail and I can say that I still have NEVER seen it happen. So to said person who tried to defend this toxic behavior, if you're reading this, suck it.
    Edited: April 27, 2018

15. A week later and still nearly every single RDF Heroic I join a tank or healer immediately goes "Kick Me" and then teleports out of the dungeon. Is the team seriously still trying to formulate a plan? It's honestly not that difficult and it seems at this point the staff ENCOURAGES this behavior because it may encourage people to just use the store which lines their pockets.

First 1234 ... Last