1. Major Flaw with Random Dungeon Finder (Heroic)

Hi all! First I’d like to say thank you to everyone who has made this community amazing so far; however over the past few days I’ve noticed a big flaw/exploit (for lack of better words) with Random Dungeon Finder, specifically heroic.

The issue I’ve been having is players flat out refusing to do certain dungeons and simply logging off hoping that they’ll be kicked so they don’t get the deserter rebuff. In the past two days I’ve been in 32 RDFs and out of those only 9 saw the dungeon past the first boss. I never noticed this on retail during this time and it’s partially due to people having multiple different accounts to play on.

Anyway take last night for example I had the same Blood Elf Holy Paladin 3 times over the course of 2 hours. In my very first dungeon he goes:

“Kick me, I only do the TOC/ICC Heroics. If you don’t kick I’ll simply go offline.”

Now, of course we can simply kick him but this behavior is completely selfish and toxic. I guess other people are tired of this behavior too, because a lot of time players will rebuttal with:

“No either take the debuff or do the dungeon.”

Then everyone simply teleports out and goes back to what they were doing. Now, it leaves players like me who are trying to simply gear up in an odd predicament. I can simply take the “L” and get the debuff or wait for the egos to subside and either kick the guy offline or someone leaves.

Now like I stated this happened 3 times with just one guy last night and since I’m not able to que for his specific dungeons yet you can imagine how it went. It’s made gearing an incredible difficult struggle. I’m sure a lot of you say will say join a group but every group requires like a 4.5-5k GS which I get because they want to farm badges quickly. I also tried to make my own group but it didn’t gain any traction.

Regardless aside from reporting, is there any other way to deal with this? It’s truly ruining the experience for me and just makes me lose motivation to try and gear up. Thanks guys.

2. I read this post yesterday and since I haven’t been doing many RDF’s lately I decided to try it out this morning before work.

Out of 3 groups, problem that Emaias explained happened in 2, in my case mostly because little nerds(I’d use other word to express my frustration but post will be deleted) don’t want to do The Culling od Stratholme. Group is created and they TP out and say “kick me” and repeat it 8374392 times as if they were parrots. So.. we kick that one, other guy leaves and we disband and make new group. Same dungeom, different people, same story. This time, there are two little nerds who care only about themselves. “Kick me, Kick me”..

My time is wasted. Why did I wake up an hour earlier? Why? Tomorrow, I’ll do the same and probably see those little nerds again and they’ll do the same all over again as they didn’t have any consequences for manipating the system...

I can’t imagine how mad would I ( orpeople who farm) I be if I needed gear.

3. I read this post yesterday and since I haven’t been doing many RDF’s lately I decided to try it out this morning before work.

Out of 3 groups, problem that Emaias explained happened in 2, in my case mostly because little nerds(I’d use other word to express my frustration but post will be deleted) don’t want to do The Culling od Stratholme. Group is created and they TP out and say “kick me” and repeat it 8374392 times as if they were parrots. So.. we kick that one, other guy leaves and we disband and make new group. Same dungeom, different people, same story. This time, there are two little nerds who care only about themselves. “Kick me, Kick me”..

My time is wasted. Why did I wake up an hour earlier? Why? Tomorrow, I’ll do the same and probably see those little nerds again and they’ll do the same all over again as they didn’t have any consequences for manipating the system...

My one friend is like this. He refuses to do CoS. Until I told him you can get a mount in it, now he wants to do it all the time, he just never ends up winning the mount. Lol

4. I read this post yesterday and since I haven’t been doing many RDF’s lately I decided to try it out this morning before work.

Exactly! As you stated there is almost no repercussion. I did report it but all the GM said was:

“Post screenshots”

Ummm, correct me if I’m wrong but GMs on live can view chat logs, is that not something that GMs on a private server have access to? I gave them the exact time it happened, the dungeon, the date etc. If you need to post screenshots then the forums should have a section (you can even make it private) where players can report players for stuff like this. Like I previously stated this happens multiple multiple MULTIPLE times in just one evening; but it takes the GMs a day just to respond to one ticket.

So is there a way of getting in contact with a moderator or GM and asking for a system like that to be put in place (Assuming all they do is rely on screenshots)?

5. Exactly! As you stated there is almost no repercussion. I did report it but all the GM said was:

“Post screenshots”

Ummm, correct me if I’m wrong but GMs on live can view chat logs, is that not something that GMs on a private server have access to? I gave them the exact time it happened, the dungeon, the date etc. If you need to post screenshots then the forums should have a section (you can even make it private) where players can report players for stuff like this. Like I previously stated this happens multiple multiple MULTIPLE times in just one evening; but it takes the GMs a day just to respond to one ticket.

So is there a way of getting in contact with a moderator or GM and asking for a system like that to be put in place (Assuming all they do is rely on screenshots)?
    I don’t see why wouldn’t they have access to logs. I think they prefer SC as it’s less work. Not sure how Long would it take to impelement the feature though, I’d suggest you PM-ing Mercy with that request, it would definitely be your best chance.

Note: Tell her you’re healer though, she likes healers.

6. My one friend is like this. He refuses to do CoS. Until I told him you can get a mount in it, now he wants to do it all the time, he just never ends up winning the mount. Lol
    :X no words for your friend.
    I got the drake first time, what a bad mount for Tauren druid.

7. I read this post yesterday and since I haven’t been doing many RDF’s lately I decided to try it out this morning before work.

don't overly blame them here. i despise CoS and never do it. mind you i leave rather than requesting a kick. it's like the 1 thing i'm not a dick about haha.

Exactly! As you stated there is almost no repercussion. I did report it but all the GM said was:

“Post screenshots”

warmane doesn't keep chat logs, which is why screenshots are required. you can either upload them to an image hosting website and put the link in your ticket,or you can send them with the report via pm to a staff member.

8. don't overly blame them here. i despise CoS and never do it. mind you i leave rather than requesting a kick. it's like the 1 thing i'm not a dick about haha.

warmane doesn't keep chat logs, which is why screenshots are required. you can either upload them to an image hosting website and put the link in your ticket,or you can send them with the report via pm to a staff member.
    Yeah, I use ShareX which just automatically uploads the image to puush.com; however like I stated this isn’t just a case of one person, it happens nearly every dungeon and you can only really have one ticket open at a time. I know you can edit it but there is a character limit. It would be much easier if there was a forum section that was private to everyone besides mods and GMs that you could post into. That way your ticket isn’t full all the time.

I didn’t realize there was a suggestion section until today so I guess I’ll post there.

Edit: Someone posted pretty much the exact same thing as I did a few days ago and the community simply said “Yeah it’s something you just have to get used to.” Which I feel is a very poor answer for something that does seem to be a pretty big problem.

Also it isn’t just CoS - It seems like if it isn’t an ICC/TOC Dungeon or not one of the 5 min ones then people just automatically just as Nibvictim said like a parrot “Kick Kick Kick Kick Kick Kick Kick” or just logoff and presumably login into another account.

9. I don’t see why wouldn’t they have access to logs. I think they prefer SC as it’s less work. Not sure how Long would it take to impelement the feature though, I’d suggest you PM-ing Mercy with that request, it would definitely be your best chance.

Note: Tell her you’re healer though, she likes healers.
    I'm not sure why you think sending me a private message about it would accomplish anything.

10. I'm not sure why you think sending me a private message about it would accomplish anything.
    If you take a look around the forums you’ll see Nibvictim only ever tries to help players. Which generally in my short time here I’ve seen the exact opposite from the staff/higher ups here. Maybe he thought you’d be able to pass the idea along to someone who can help. Obviously the guy thought highly enough of you to mention you. Perhaps instead of a snarky condescending comment back, a simple

“No that wouldn’t work”

Or god forbid just PM the guy privately saying that PMing (you) won’t solve anything.

11. I'm not sure why you think sending me a private message about it would accomplish anything.
    Ha! I didn’t say accomplish, I said “best chance” for one or more of the following:
    1. Understanding the issue.
    2. Pointing in the right direction.
    3. If not possible, getting NO and not wasting more time.
    4. Being helpful

I could continue, but I believe this is enough.

There’s also option that my impression of you is wrong?

12. Ha! I didn’t say accomplish, I said “best chance” for one or more of the following:
    1. Understanding the issue.
    2. Pointing in the right direction.
    3. If not possible, getting NO and not wasting more time.
    4. Being helpful

I could continue, but I believe this is enough.

There’s also option that my impression of you is wrong?
    Fair enough.

If you take a look around the forums you’ll see Nibvictim only ever tries to help players. Which generally in my short time here I’ve seen the exact opposite from the staff/higher ups here. Maybe he thought you’d be able to pass the idea along to someone who can help. Obviously the guy thought highly enough of you to mention you. Perhaps instead of a snarky condescending comment back, a simple

“No that wouldn’t work”

Or god forbid just PM the guy privately saying that PMing (you) won’t solve anything.
    A snarky condescending comment? I'm not sure what you thought was cranky or patronizing about what I said, because logically, nothing is implied there except that I can't directly help and that such should be obvious. You should probably calm down just a tad.

@Thread, I've seen a few topics like this appear on the forum recently. I know the issue already existed for some time, but with more topics appearing, it seems the issue is getting worse. It may become necessary for the developer team to address it. We are reading the feedback you provide on situations such as this. I think the biggest question right now is how do we approach the issue, and how do we create a "cure" that isn't worse than the disease? For example, if you want people like this to get deserter when they get kicked, well then we could have bullying appear where people get kicked for no reason and get a deserter debuff out of it. Perhaps a half-measure deserter debuff (15min instead of 30min) would be appropriate?
    Or perhaps it should be approached like we do with the ninja-looting rules.

13. Like BG deserter works in MoP, just with higher time increase.

Starting at: 2 min for kick, then if t happens again within certain period of time(30 minutes) it becomes 30 minutes and so on. Prople who abuse kicking system could be reported on dedicated forum thread with screenshots as they’re going to happen less frequently until it’s almost non-existant.

There’s probably someone smarter who’s in front of a PC to type this out with more sense.

14. Fair enough.

A snarky condescending comment? I'm not sure what you thought was cranky or patronizing about what I said, because logically, nothing is implied there except that I can't directly help and that such should be obvious. You should probably calm down just a tad.

@Thread, I've seen a few topics like this appear on the forum recently. I know the issue already existed for some time, but with more topics appearing, it seems the issue is getting worse. It may become necessary for the developer team to address it. We are reading the feedback you provide on situations such as this. I think the biggest question right now is how do we approach the issue, and how do we create a "cure" that isn't worse than the disease? For example, if you want people like this to get deserter when they get kicked, well then we could have bullying appear where people get kicked for no reason and get a deserter debuff out of it. Perhaps a half-measure deserter debuff (15min instead of 30min) would be appropriate?
    Or perhaps it should be approached like we do with the ninja-looting rules.
    Maybe it was just me being defensive when I misunderstood. Apologies.

You could set up a system similar to how the Moderator and GM section works - to where nobody can see what's actually there to prevent "Witch Hunting". A simple template like:

Name
    Race
    Class
    Guild (If applicable)
    Date
    Time
    Dungeon/Raid/Zone
    What happened?
    Screenshot

The reason I added the Race/Class is because many multi-boxers have very similar names. Guild was added because you may find out that particular guilds promote this behavior and someone could even reach out to a Guild Master. Screenshots would need to mandatory and if people abuse the system by saying - Spamming the forum with false reports then they can have their forum privileges removed via IP (If possible) for "X" amount of time.

Then daily someone(s) can review the reports and if justified take action.

15. Just want to share my own experience, since I even had a sunday where I got locked for ALL the HC dungeons.

I normally queued with a DPS friend, just wait for a tank and join the dungeon and do it, until that sunday where I just had CoS and ToC, along with PoS, HoR and Fos. I got instantly kicked, didn't even had time to step inside the dungeon, 5 times in a row, because we apparently always got CoS and TOC, I knew I got kicked because my friend said they were kick voting, so for me to get kicked so fast, probably meant that the other 3 players were also a premade. Eventually I got another party and still got kicked, people just avoid doing some dungeons.

The reason I am sharing this opinion is to warn everyone about giving a debuff to the person that got kicked, because like Mercy said, there might be bullies with a premade that will just kick you so they can use the rdf again, while you are forced to wait. Even if it's a problem getting out of hand the solution seems hard because it might also affect the innocent players and not just the ones that are forcing others to have a bad time.

I do wonder if it would be possible to separate groups that want to fa rdfs and others who just want to do the daily rdf, something a mist those options, a way to separate the groups when Quing in the dungeon finder.

123 ... Last