1. Addon help and ignite question

Is there any addon which keeps track of the crit counter leading upto the hot streak proc?

Also I see some mages track Ignite on their target. What's the purpose of tracking ignite?

2. Is there any addon which keeps track of the crit counter leading upto the hot streak proc?

Also I see some mages track Ignite on their target. What's the purpose of tracking ignite?
    It's useful to track your last Crit (for HS proc)

And it's useless to track your ignite

But you should always remain that your ignite on a target will need to fully apply his damages before the target actually die, otherwise you will loose half of the damages of your ignite pool, which can be huge if you are crit'ing a lot.

See u

Tiny.

PS: I don't have addon tracking crit sorry

3. You dont need to have those two informations, becose you cant predict if the spell you are casting is going to be critical or not. I am usint only cheeze to tell me when I have the ht streak proc. works well for me.

4. You dont need to have those two informations, becose you cant predict if the spell you are casting is going to be critical or not. I am usint only cheeze to tell me when I have the ht streak proc. works well for me.
    But if the outcome of the spell doesn't matter, and I have pushing the limit up, I want to save the hotstreak proc till later. So I've been trying to do this reliably, but occasionally I fail/have to pay attention to something else and lose out on this optimization.

5. You dont need to have those two informations, becose you cant predict if the spell you are casting is going to be critical or not. I am usint only cheeze to tell me when I have the ht streak proc. works well for me.
    You don't need to play neither, it's about willingness =)

I just told that tracking ignite is not usefull except for the info of your ignite pool itself. But you will not use the info for modifying your gameplay.

Otherwise tracking your last crit have an interest in terms of gameplay, because you will know if you have a chance to HS proc on next spell, this way you can put the priority on launching your free pyro or holding it in order to properly use you haste boost given by pushing the limits. Or even delay a movement because you know you may be able to move during GCD really soon.

See you

Tiny.

6. Tracking ignite can be useful for
    • Tracking crits (crits will refresh the ignite duration)
    • Tracking Ignite itself. As it was mentioned earlier, you might want to let your ignite expire if you've build a huge damage bank on it.

As for addons, there's a few that might be tweaked around, but I don't know any that keeps track of your crits toward HS.

What I personally do on my mages is that I've set MSBT (combat text addon) to display spell crits at a certain part of my screen. I've filtered out Pyroblast (since it doesn't count towards HS) and Living Bomb's DoT element for the same reason. That way the only things that come up in my screen are Fireball and LB explosion crits (and Fire Blast), all things which contribute towards Hot Streak.

7. Thanks for the input/help everyone!