Reforming OCE/AUS Guild

Dumnplings is a guild that is looking for members that will stick around, contribute, be active, have the time to learn tactics in raids etc. We are experienced in ALL of the instances of WOTLK. We are seeking others that play around the same times as ours for active raiding and doing other things with. We are a guild looking to do raids and down things.

Who are we looking for/Requirements

The following is the critiria (in order) required to join and remain with in our guild:

1) Attendance – There are 3 options to signing up to a raid.

Signed up = Yes, I will be there on the date/time you asked me to be and will be raid ready 15 minutes prior to that time to accept invite and make my way to the raid as soon as I am invited so that we can start raiding at said time and not spend half an hour forming the raid! I will not be afk and will respond to the officers asking me questions or inviting me to the raid group!

Tentative = I may possibly be around or I may have some IRL things that will keep me from being around. Don't count on me and I will not be upset if I turn up and don't get a spot due to enough others signing up and confirming. I will mark my self tentative if there is ANY possibility that I will not be able to attend the raid! I will NOT sign up as normal and tell someone here and there that I possibly won't attend, because that is what the tentative option is for!

Can't make the raid? Don't sign up!

2) Ability

Not only the ability to play your character properly, (IE spec, gems, gyths, enchants etc) but also the ability to learn. Others may know better about your class or be able to offer you tips. Also the ability to learn boss fights and not make the same mistakes every week.

Whether you learn them from a youtube video, or already know them or from a strat guide or you just need a a brief basic rundown before the fight starts or pretend that you know the fight and pick it up without anyone knowing that you didn't know the fight. I don't care which, but if you are not able to retain information on raids week to week, we will not retain you.

You must also be able to listen and follow instructions given during raids as well as be able to take criticism and not get FEELS hurt because you did something wrong.

3) Skill

Related to ability but sort of it's own thing also.

Once you know the fights, you will still be required to have the skill to do what it is that you need to do. You will be required to not stand in fires, pay attention during boss fights to his tactics as well as orders/info being told in discord. At the same time, you will still be required to do your role (tank, DPS or healer) ie a hunter on Saurfang doing single target DPS as well as setting traps coming in the top 3 DPS on a 25 man is well an truly doing their job.

Basically, you will have to have the skill to do your proper rotatations.

Keeping in mind when looking at all 10 classes; just in PVE, healing/dps/tanking specs and just looking at 1 type of each spec (IE there may be 2 different ways to spec an MM hunter for raiding) there are around 30~ something specs. They all require different play styles as well as a different focus on what stats to stack gear/enchant/gem/Glyph wise.

Some are definitely more for PVP and some specs on the final patch of WOTLK outshine other specs (again using the hunter example, MM overall does more DPS than Surv & BM)

Please seek out guides that are avaliable all over the place and ask other people for help as required.

4) Gear

We value this last because well, we will gear you eventually. We will run you through heroics, get you badges, get you the ICC heroics gear and get you intro raids. Anyone can attain gear that they would not normally have access to on this server via Auction house, instances, website points/coins. You can buy/earn all of that. Gear is something evetually earned one way or the other, where as the other things above are not.

Rules:

1 – Discord is non-negotiable. We can understand and night or two where someone can’t get discord for some reason or another. But we would expect 99.9% of the time for raiders to be on discord. You don’t have to chat, just listen.
2 – Everything under the “Requirements” section above
3 – Enchanted/gemmed gear. 232 ilevel should have the best is slot gems/enchants. The only reason they should not, is because you know you're going to update them very soon via badges or something. IE I'm 10 frost badges from a new cape and this weeks ICC will cover that. Not "I'm 3-4 ICC runs away from a new cape or maybe it will drop tonight!!!!" Also costly enchants on 232 gear is not required, IE like the 85 vs 110 AP on a two hander. Purple gems are as they are cheap. So are glyphs as they are usualy a one off thing that you don't change a lot or at all.

Our Raiding Schedule/Prime Times

Weekends: between 2pm start to 6pm start Aust EST (5am to 9am SEVER TIME)
Week Nights: 7pm Aust EST (9am SEVER TIME) Not up and running until we have more people. We are aiming for friday nights mainly. (VOA, RS, Maly, Naxx (for fun etc))

Who we are looking for

We are recruiting everyone as we have just started to reform.

Raid Progression

On retail I had done all of the WOTLK raids. On this server, currently, we are at 12/12 ICC10. Right now, we are obviously at 0/12 as we require people, but we have the experience to get there and require others to join us.

We would also like to do more TOC runs and OS/RS runs.

At this time, we mainly roll for gear as gear is not that much of an issue for most of us. IE I require maybe 2-3 peices from icc 10.

Officers to talk to:

Please contact the following people to discuss or ask questions about joining.

GM: Vayporial (Druid 6k healer, 5.9k tank)
GM Alt: Tiffandrix (Hunter 5.9k)
Officer: Rhia (BIS healing shaman)