1. Can we get a coin compensation for our characters?

The best experience i've ever had was on this server with my raiding guild. It taught me so much and got me into the game even more. I have plenty of 397+ characters on the server and they are just sitting in the void, doing absolutely nothing.
    Can we at least get a coin compensation for the characters (even like 70% of the value in coins, or maybe less).. I am playing on Icecrown right now and i am quite enjoying it, but since the resurrection of this server is nowhere to be seen it would be only fair to get at least some use of our time spent playing there.

2. I doubt we would get a refund of that magnitude, and for good reasons. We spent the coins on gear that we used for some time and that means restoring them would mean we got the gear for free along with the fun it provided and this is also what the staff said.
    If they ever decide to make a refund then it would most likely not be higher than 50%. My bet would be between 10-25% if I had to guess.
    The bottom line is that you can still use the characters and the gear you spent coins on, no one stops you from doing so, alas I agree there is not much to do.

3. We spent the coins on gear that we used for some time and that means restoring them would mean we got the gear for free along with the fun it provided and this is also what the staff said.
    If warmane kept updating the server and the population went down, no problem. But in this case, Warmane dindu nuffin. They even promised Tol Barad BG which was never released. So I think we should get at least a small % of our coins back.

The bottom line is that you can still use the characters and the gear you spent coins on, no one stops you from doing so, alas I agree there is not much to do.
    Yeah there's absolutely nothing to do. Only PVE on alliance with the same 50 people everyday.