1. Honor rate increase

Hello,

I would like to suggest an increase in honor rate due the amount of time required for someone who makes a new character or completely new to the server (Icecrown realm).

Suggestion: Increase honor gain to 3-5x
    Explanation: Takes far too long to acquire gear even with high win rate .
    Other reasons: Professions, experience, reputation, and drop rate are all higher than 1x.

Reasons for consideration: Starter furious gear set and offset of WF/Relentless mix takes total of: 455, 600 honor. (assuming relentless waist, ring, boots)
    Assuming you win every battle, it will take 244 BGs to win. Clearly this is not the case and even with 80% win ratio it requires more than 300 BGs. If you do about 30 BGs a day, it will take over 30 days to gather the required currency for starting pvp gear. More pragmatically, only 15-20 BGs are feasible since it takes 10-20mins for one bg on average. In addition, getting into wintergrasp isn't always guaranteed since at peak times there's more players than capacity.

Thanks for the consideration.
    Edited: April 20, 2018

2. Hello,

I would like to suggest an increase in honor rate due the amount of time required for someone who makes a new character or completely new to the server (Icecrown realm).

Suggestion: Increase honor gain to 3-5x
    Explanation: Takes far too long to acquire gear even with high win rate .
    Other reasons: Professions, experience, reputation, and drop rate are all higher than 1x.

Reasons for consideration: Starter furious gear set and offset of WF/Relentless mix takes total of: 455, 600 honor. (assuming relentless waist, ring, boots)
    Assuming you win every battle, it will take 244 BGs to win. Clearly this is not the case and even with 80% win ratio it requires more than 300 BGs. If you do about 30 BGs a day, it will take over 30 days to gather the required currency for starting pvp gear. More pragmatically, only 15-20 BGs are feasible since it takes 10-20mins for one bg on average. In addition, getting into wintergrasp isn't always guaranteed since at peak times there's more players than capacity.

Thanks for the consideration.
    Best would be to get you all gear when u make character jez...

When CTA u get easy 75k honors at evening.
    i don´t see problem there...

3. I did CTA for two days and barely got enough honour the cheapest two pieces. Btw,I'm speaking about Icecrown realm specifically. Btw that honour doesn't include trinket for other races than human.
    Edited: April 20, 2018 Reason: Correction

4. Getting 75k honor a day mean one has to do 30 BGs a day or more, roughly. (given you get 300-400 honor from HKs and 1860 with 100% win ratio) - Even with such an absurd win rate you would take 7.5h a day (10-15mins of play-time, doesn't include queue time).

Just trying to give some math behind the expectation community seems to have with the random numbers they throw around.

5. Best would be to get you all gear when u make character jez...

When CTA u get easy 75k honors at evening.
    i don´t see problem there...
    jez men there is jezly diffrence between get more jez honor and get instant full gear, jez

Also maybe why not for a x2 or x2.5 but I think after that it's too much

6. Nobody would mind if honor rate would be increased. Icecrown is an older server where PvP is dominated by premades and these premades do not consist of people with furious/rele gear with wrath off-set, instead they’re filled with 6.3K gs+ (Most PvE gear) players who would manage to dominate anyone. Fun starts once premades or no-premades on both sides meet(rarely).

Honor rate would encourage new players to enjoy PvP more, and people to make more alts. Actually, I don’t think Warmane is interested in that many new players on Icecrown. Honor gain rate increase could potentially cause JWC mats to become very cheap too.

Anyways, FUN idea but I don’t see it happening.

7. Nobody would mind if honor rate would be increased. Icecrown is an older server where PvP is dominated by premades and these premades do not consist of people with furious/rele gear with wrath off-set, instead they’re filled with 6.3K gs+ (Most PvE gear) players who would manage to dominate anyone. Fun starts once premades or no-premades on both sides meet(rarely).

Honor rate would encourage new players to enjoy PvP more, and people to make more alts. Actually, I don’t think Warmane is interested in that many new players on Icecrown. Honor gain rate increase could potentially cause JWC mats to become very cheap too.

Anyways, FUN idea but I don’t see it happening.

You're right since mostly I see either side joining with healers and people with SM or at least hc Icc and RS trinkets. Also, I suggested 3x since lowest seems to be same for profs. Not sure where all the rates are explicitly stated on the site - at least very hard to find if it exists.

8. Read this, same topic:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=332627

I think that rates are x3, but who really knows that for sure? Devs? Idk.

9. Read this, same topic:

There's not much there. Anyway, getting back to the topic. JC mats shouldn't see too much of a drop since I'm assuming other spawn rates like herbs and mining nodes are probably 3x. It really is discouraging for making alts or any new comers to the realm. There's a massive disparity in gear difference because I see 40-50% people are in greens or below 17k HP.

To be clear, there's no "instant" gearing here. All the rates are increased for a good reason since it takes forever to level without them. I'm not sure why honor is selectively chosen to be left untouched as even someone with full PvE gear needs to farm it.
    Edited: April 20, 2018 Reason: More info

10. I did CTA for two days and barely got enough honour the cheapest two pieces. Btw,I'm speaking about Icecrown realm specifically. Btw that honour doesn't include trinket for other races than human.
    Did you want to get full gear in those 2 days? Do Wintergrasp quests. That's like like 30k honor in 1 hour if you win it, finish all the quests and use stone keeper's shards to get honor. Did you want it to be 90-150k honor in 1 hour with 3-5x honor rate?

Read this, same topic:

As far as I know, honor rates have always been x1 on all realms. But I haven't been able to verify it since I couldn't find information about honor gain numbers from kills from retail during wotlk.

11. You have a good point here; however, you've taken many things for granted. The enchants for head and shoulders need 70 shards - one weeks quests. Not to mention they are weeklies which limits the honor gain and impeding any decent progression. I'm not sure why the only argument is simply "instant" gearing. As of now, you need 2-3months to get start gear - same length as arena season - which will be replaced again.

Need I remind you this would benefit everyone, not just few players. Perhaps looking at it from perspective of fresh 80 would help. Also, how much honor are people getting on daily basis as fresh 80s? It would be great to get some numbers here. I seem to get 45k with 8-10 hours.
    Edited: April 20, 2018 Reason: quotes bugged

12. You have a good point here; however, you've taken many things for granted. The enchants for head and shoulders need 70 shards - one weeks quests.
    I don't remember getting those enchants. And while gearing, getting some other enchants instead might be a good idea to prioritize gear over the right enchants.

Not to mention they are weeklies which limits the honor gain and impeding any decent progression.
    It is weekly but it gives almost enough honor for a cheap item. It's a bit slow since it's weekly but it's already a very low effort way of getting PvP gear.

I'm not sure why the only argument is simply "instant" gearing. As of now, you need 2-3months to get start gear - same length as arena season - which will be replaced again.
    Where did you get that number? By doing battlegrounds for a few hours every day, you can get an item every 1-2 days. I don't think that makes it 2-3 months. Maybe if you do only Wintergrasp once a week. I have always been mostly PvE player so I don't really get the complaining that getting PvP gear is slow. You can get an item every day, as long as you try to. Compared to getting decent PvE gear, that's already very close to instant gearing.

Need I remind you this would benefit everyone, not just few players. Perhaps looking at it from perspective of fresh 80 would help. Also, how much honor are people getting on daily basis as fresh 80s? It would be great to get some numbers here. I seem to get 45k with 8-10 hours.
    Then I would have to visit the vendor in Orgrimmar to buy gems like twice a day if I do too many battlegrounds that day. Somehow getting honor already feels too fast. But that's with full gear. With no gear it might be different.

From a perspective of fresh 80, it might be better to get blue PvP gear from auction house and maybe do some FoS/PoS for gear so you don't get oneshotted in battlegrounds and can survive longer to get more honor. Then after getting a few wrathful/relentless items, it should already go better so you can get even more honor.

13. How is it instant gearing? Did you read my first post? Also, as a fresh 80 no one wants you in FoS/PoS run because you have no gear. Getting blue gear from AH needs a lot of gold which even after all the questing to 80 isn't sufficient to get cold weather flying. As I said just now, try gearing a fresh with no resources from other accounts/characters. I showed the calculation in first post to see how long it takes. The only reason you might be getting an item every 1-2 days is because you're geared and just farming HKs without capping graveyards.

14. How is it instant gearing?The only reason you might be getting an item every 1-2 days is because you're geared and just farming HKs without capping graveyards.
    For instant graring: It’s much easier to obtain full wrath gear(except maybe shoulders) than very good PvE weapons and trinkets which are BiS for every class PvP gear.

For the other part: I don’t think it’a possible to have less than 50k honor in two days with 8 hours of playtime.

15. For instant graring: It’s much easier to obtain full wrath gear(except maybe shoulders) than very good PvE weapons and trinkets which are BiS for every class PvP gear.

For the other part: I don’t think it’a possible to have less than 50k honor in two days with 8 hours of playtime.
    You can't get WF until you get furious, otherwise you're just gonna get farmed in arena. 8 hours only gives about 45-50k with close to 1k HKs (HKs only give 8-15 honor so you're getting 1.5k honor).

12 Last