1. MOP BG system begins to brake down!

You can ignore this topic but in my opinion this ruins the BG experience in MOP day by day.

The unbalance between factions is getting more and more relevant.But this not a totally abnormal situation.People are playing 24/7 on the server.
    Maybe only 2-3 hours per day out of 24 Alliance dominates battlegrounds over Hordes,the rest is all Hordes premades or even random it does not matter they crash the alliance 21-22 hours out of 24, and that sucks,very unbalanced game.Anyway, it is what it is.
    But when you repeatedly are in a situation of starting the BG with a number of 2-3 players disadvantage that is a real cr***y situation.Even one player in minus counts.But it's even worse...2,3 sometimes even 4 players difference.
    Your team will definitely lose the start and get wiped...after that...another 2,3 or more will leave the BG and you find yourself in a situation where you fight 4 players vs 11.Now excuse me Warmane...what the heck is this?I don't remember playing like this few years ago.This situation is not fair and balance between faction is even so very bad.I have characters in both factions.I tell you...you must be really willing to waste a lot of time if you are trying to gear up a new lvl 90 alliance character.It's simply not worth it.It will take at least 3 or 4 times more then you would do the same thing on horde side.
    You all can contradict me as much as you want,you can say it's not true ,you can say I'm wrong but unfortunately the situation is real and it's like this for quite some time.

2. 100% True. One of the reasons I started to play more on Icecrown.
    Give whorde free transfer to alliance until it balances out.

3. In retail horde dominated, but as a alliance you had the alterac valley option for gearing, here dont pop for low population i guess.

So cross faction bg could be a solution.

Question: how much is the queue time on horde side?

4. 100% True. One of the reasons I started to play more on Icecrown.
    Same here- I'm glad OP made this post since I agree it's the worst imbalance since I've been on Frostwolf.

I think too many serious bg'ers have decided to jump on the horde bandwagon. And I don't think it will get better until enough horde decide they are tired of queuing for 10 minutes to stomp some 300k health allies. Not sure if it's that bad yet since I'm not going to queue horde with the imbalance that bad, but I expect it's headed in that direction.

5. They should implement mercenary mode from wod here or cross faction battlegrounds. Free transfers won't help at all

6. Horde - BG
    Aliance - Arena

All balanced. You can make hord bad at everything otherwise whats the point of two factions. I have alts on hord and aliance. I go play some fun bgs on hord and some nice arenas on alliance.

So here is a solution. Play on both sides

7. Horde - BG
    Aliance - Arena

All balanced. You can make hord bad at everything otherwise whats the point of two factions. I have alts on hord and aliance. I go play some fun bgs on hord and some nice arenas on alliance.

So here is a solution. Play on both sides
    So you want to tell me that the solution to gear up a new lvl 90 alliance char is to do arena?....at under 500ilvl?..arena?...with who?...not everybody has geared friends to carry them throughout arena matches.And why should it be like that?Why alliance should not enjoy balanced BGs ...which start with equal amount of players on each side..like it should!
    Besides that...something tells me that doing arena on alliance side is no different then the BG situation.

8. So you want to tell me that the solution to gear up a new lvl 90 alliance char is to do arena?....at under 500ilvl?..arena?...with who?...not everybody has geared friends to carry them throughout arena matches.And why should it be like that?Why alliance should not enjoy balanced BGs ...which start with equal amount of players on each side..like it should!
    Besides that...something tells me that doing arena on alliance side is no different then the BG situation.
    WEll its gonna be hard. But vote up for the server and you can transfer to hord. Gear up till 522 there. and then transfer back to aliance. I've done it many times. Gear up on hord to 522 is super easy. Totally worth it. :)

9. Do you have some actual stats to back this up over a period of time? Or is this a kneejerk reaction over a couple of nights as this def isn't my experience nor what my own win-loss shows me.

Ally Ele Shaman: 121-61
    Ally Warlock: 119-78
    Horde Ele Shaman (new char): 27-10
    Horde MW Monk: 138-106

Keep in mind this is 99% Solo q'ing, and that MW only got over 50-50 in the past 2 weeks.
    Edited: April 24, 2018

10. On my alliance alt: 180 BGs played, 40 won

11. In retail horde dominated, but as a alliance you had the alterac valley option for gearing, here dont pop for low population i guess.

So cross faction bg could be a solution.

Question: how much is the queue time on horde side?
    No, it is not the best solution, in fact cross-faction BG was indeed a thing as well cross-faction raiding/dungeon, which was deemed a bug and the most infamous group, clown squad took this to their advantage and eventually over time they got bored and left Frostwolf.
    When BG had been bugged, ally/horde teams were indeed cross-faction but it persist for 48 hour hours, this was also the case for Alterac Valley opening for the 3rd time, and this time it remained open.

So far only one guy from the group still plays here, usually goes up in Orgrimmar and if you are aware of DC comics x-mogs, spotting this dude would be very easy.

As for Ques

Horde: usually instant, but if low pop about 3-4 minutes.
    Ally: 1-3 minutes and or longer

This is the case on peek times.

12. After doing some ally bgs last night, I don't think the situation is as bad as I thought- we were able to have some fun and close games. I still think horde is stronger as far as serious bg guys is concerned, but not so bad that something like cross-faction queues are needed.

13. The q on the horde side is quite long, even in peak time you can still be waiting 5+ mins. The problem is not as many people on ally side plays bgs as horde do. I think everyone knows ally side is more arenas and horde bg. You can see that from looking at arena rank on armory or just by doing bgs, not really any ally guild doing premades, usually just people from a mismatch of guild and allways the same people. Maybe if there r allys out there that like to play bgs u should make a guild, try and change the advantage horde has over u in bgs ( doubtful but u could try xD).

14. After doing some ally bgs last night, I don't think the situation is as bad as I thought- we were able to have some fun and close games. I still think horde is stronger as far as serious bg guys is concerned, but not so bad that something like cross-faction queues are needed.
    You probably hit those 2/3/4 hours where Alliance is dominating. I played 6 BG’s yesterday and won 1.

15. I can remember that I saw a worgen dk with a similar name yesterday, who tried to win the bg but he had a rly bad team on ally side. Maybe it's you Nibvictum;)

The balance isn't as bad as people say here. It's correct that the horde has the better premades, but you can beat them with a good ally grp. Alliance has quite excellent players but also big noobs that makes a game really intense; it's always a question of luck if you get more pros or nabs in a round. I sometimes leave a game at the beginning because I see known names of afks or trash-players, so that a win is either hard or impossible and leaving the only way (it's no fun to heal 20-40m and lose the game because of such players).

Horde has a lower amount of fantastic players but also of bad players. Doing premades isn't a bad idea on horde because it balances rly well against a strong group of solo-players and makes a pleasant queue time. There was a time when premades were rare on horde and queue time was 10-15mins at alliance. Basically the latency is low on Frostwolf and it depends on the faction which has a current winning strike. These people have a longer queue time because the other faction stops queuing or logging on other chars then. Both horde and ally have periods of long or instant queues during the day.

I play 95% solo on both sides and 80-90% win (horde/alliance) is possible when you heal 20-40m in a game. The most defeats were because people can't deffend flags, zerged in middle or I stopped healing because 7 of 9 dds did approx.1mio dmg in 10mins and doesn't cc their heal but it's rare. Most of the time there are 5 good players in a grp of 10 people on both sides. Try to give your best and you can gain.

Kind regards

12 Last