1. its laughable how you try to force your point of view to other people.different players have different playstyle and sense of fun playing the game.for some people doing CC,using totems and purge is waste of GCD,they prefer to do dmg and go for kills.

your comment about ret is incredible stupid,every single class in the game can be played with single bar of keybind and do well in BGs.you just listed few spells and say "yes use this few spells and forget the other 20 you have in your spell book" nice logic you got there.
    if someone is not interested in utility spells yes they are waste of gcd for him.that's why you roll some other class that is more PEWPEW,after all this is not discussion how to play shaman its what class suit more for someone playstyle.maybe you can go and read again what exactly the OP said and is asking for and stop taking my posts out of context.

That has to be the dumbest thing i ever read on here.

2. if someone is not interested in utility spells yes they are waste of gcd for him.that's why you roll some other class that is more PEWPEW,after all this is not discussion how to play shaman its what class suit more for someone playstyle.maybe you can go and read again what exactly the OP said and is asking for and stop taking my posts out of context.
    no class does nothing but dps in pvp
    it's not a viable way to play period

3. May 2, 2018  
    Waste? So by your logic anything not related to pew-pew abilities is a waste for dps classes?
    im sorry for posting it the way i posted it i see it created misunderstanding.
    I play hunter a lot and have 56 keybinds and find most spells/abilities useful.
    What i mean wasting gcd:
    1) most classes apply their buffs pre fight whereas shamans have to do it during fight
    2) if shaman wants to get an absorb shield they have to drop stoneclaw that cancels out their strength of earth totem so they have to use another GCD to reapply their buff----priest just uses one GCD to get shield without the drawback while shaman has to use 2 GCD in order to get same effect as if they used only one they will loose an agi and str buff, or a grounding totem cancels out your windfury totem so you have to either spend GCD to get the haste back or be at a disadvantage as Frost Dk for example has it as a passive buff
    3) i didnt mean i just want to spam 123 on dmg abilities only i mean about GCD disadvantage shaman has i know it has other benefits but i hope you get the point

4. May 2, 2018  
    from the 2 classes frost dk will be more fun for what you looking for and you are 100% correct shamans will waste a lot of GCD on non dmg spells.
    that been said CATA and WOTLK frost DK are completely different.WOTLK frost DK feel way slower and not as bursty as cata DK,you dont have pilar of frost for example.if you are looking for class that dont die easy its good in Duels and its super bursty honestly Unholy DK or Ret paladin both are way way better then FDK.
    Thank you for your reply i see you understood my point.
    Ret doesn't appeal to me i may try unholy as it is a matter of changing the spec, im only trying to fill a niche spot as i have other classes i jump between to get different kind of fun

5. May 2, 2018  
    2) if shaman wants to get an absorb shield they have to drop stoneclaw that cancels out their strength of earth totem so they have to use another GCD to reapply their buff----priest just uses one GCD to get shield without the drawback while shaman has to use 2 GCD in order to get same effect as if they used only one they will loose an agi and str buff, or a grounding totem cancels out your windfury totem so you have to either spend GCD to get the haste back or be at a disadvantage as Frost Dk for example has it as a passive buff
    As an enh shaman you have enough pewpew that you won't have to reapply SoE totem. You will rotate EB/SC totems all the time and is that 4%(?) haste from windfury really that important?
    As frost DK you will have to reapply diseases 24/7 against priest, shamans and paladins. You will do damage but your dps will suffer because of that.
    Edited: May 2, 2018

6. May 2, 2018  
    Thank you for your reply i see you understood my point.
    Ret doesn't appeal to me i may try unholy as it is a matter of changing the spec, im only trying to fill a niche spot as i have other classes i jump between to get different kind of fun
    i think you will like unholy ,it's way more easy going then Cataclysm Dk and you actually have a lot of sustain.also diseases do way more dmg in WOTLK then Cata and cannot be dispelled if you spec unholy blight.if enemy team in BG is not super geared or dont have healer 1 Pestilence can literally melt all of them its pretty fun and its probably your best option for what you looking for:D

btw i know you said no arena but if you have priest or paladin friend give it a go casually its very fun and easy at low/mid rating
    Edited: May 2, 2018

7. May 2, 2018  
    i think you will like unholy ,it's way more easy going then Cataclysm Dk and you actually have a lot of sustain.also diseases do way more dmg in WOTLK then Cata and cannot be dispelled if you spec unholy blight.if enemy team in BG is not super geared or dont have healer 1 Pestilence can literally melt all of them its pretty fun and its probably your best option for what you looking for:D

btw i know you said no arena but if you have priest or paladin friend give it a go casually its very fun and easy at low/mid rating
    i did a lot of arenas back on retail with few classes until the point where i was completely bored with it had some great moments but also a lot of frustration.

One game i will never forget hehehe - i was warrior and my friend was resto druid we faced feral and resto druid on lord arena first game lasted 45 min couldnt kill nor run healer oom
    Second game same team on nagrand i was like OMFG but we didnt give up and i tried different ways to kill him i learnt that feral was always saving def cds for BS so i drew feral behind the pillar pooled rage while my dudu cycloned the healer and i killed the @#$£! without the bladestorm boy that was satisfying

But there were many games that lasted forever and were pain like vs frost mage and disc ship nova and repeat while they tried to manaburn my druid we won but what a nuisance

8. May 2, 2018  
    As an enh shaman you have enough pewpew that you won't have to reapply SoE totem. You will rotate EB/SC totems all the time and is that 4%(?) haste from windfury really that important?
    As frost DK you will have to reapply diseases 24/7 against priest, shamans and paladins. You will do damage but your dps will suffer because of that.
    Good point
    Thnx

I look for sort of hack and slash kinda game play(i know wow is not diablo hehe) dual wielding fast hitting play style

9. May 2, 2018  
    Good point
    Thnx

I look for sort of hack and slash kinda game play(i know wow is not diablo hehe) dual wielding fast hitting play style
    That doesnt exist. Its wow, youll never get the hack and slash kinda feel here. And as i said before, go onto blackrock make every class and every spec and try them all out, go with what you like the most.

10. May 3, 2018  
    That's a tough one for enh sham, like everyone else said, doesn't work as a glass cannon, even if you can get a 9k WindFury crit on a white swing (2/3 of that damage is from WF proc but still a weapon swing and not a GCD) when not at BiS. Enh sham works more in a deffensive way, often seen as a support on arena comps, and is completely dependent on using your habilities propperly instead of just smashing buttons ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶M̶o̶u̶r̶n̶e̶ just like certain classes can do. Not gonna lie, Enhsham is a lot of fun.

11. May 3, 2018  
    enha playstyle roughly the same in cata but in cata it's actually strong as fk
    very disappointed with enh in wotlk personally
    gets rolled over too easily by plate in bis meta and has exactly 1 viable comp

12. May 3, 2018  
    gets rolled over too easily by plate in bis
    yeah, but in RBG, like OP said that is what he wants to play, which class doesn't?

13. May 3, 2018  
    hunter has high mobility traps disarm immunity freedom several hard cc's, mages have mobility immunity roots/snares for days a stun poly ranged burst, locks similar story... all have the tools to kite and destroy plates. Other plates can go toe to toe with them because equal footing, each of the 3 sporting a plethora of defensive cooldowns. Ferals stuns cyclones bearform barkskin survival instincts stun... rogues endless control and can also easily avoid the fights... what it boils down to is enhancement has the flimsiest kit of basically all the classes in the game with just one single defensive... it's one thing if you're bristling with ranged nukes and cc like a warlock, but as a melee class wearing mail i don't think it can afford to have sham rage be its only real answer to being bursted aside from the worst hard cc in the game (hex, which can also he safely trinketted as shaman has nothing else).

Enh has a really amazing tool belt when it comes to utility, and it has the potential to be really powerful if the meta were slower and it has enough gcds to effectively utilize its kit, as it is in cata. Currently even rets which should be countered by enh will have killed the shaman before they are able to go through enough gcds to purge off wings. State of enh in pvp is just sad. Good players succeed with it... in duels, and in one comp (beast cleave) but even they are lackluster in bgs for example and at an extreme disadvantage against the likes of dks and great warrs

enhancement is fun but can't recommend it unless you have real passion for the spec.
    Edited: May 3, 2018

14. May 4, 2018  
    Good point
    Thnx

that's actually exactly how DH and FDK feel like in Legion :D
    Edited: May 4, 2018

15. May 4, 2018  
    hunter has high mobility traps disarm immunity freedom several hard cc's, mages have mobility immunity roots/snares for days a stun poly ranged burst, locks similar story... all have the tools to kite and destroy plates. Other plates can go toe to toe with them because equal footing, each of the 3 sporting a plethora of defensive cooldowns. Ferals stuns cyclones bearform barkskin survival instincts stun... rogues endless control and can also easily avoid the fights... what it boils down to is enhancement has the flimsiest kit of basically all the classes in the game with just one single defensive... it's one thing if you're bristling with ranged nukes and cc like a warlock, but as a melee class wearing mail i don't think it can afford to have sham rage be its only real answer to being bursted aside from the worst hard cc in the game (hex, which can also he safely trinketted as shaman has nothing else).

Enh has a really amazing tool belt when it comes to utility, and it has the potential to be really powerful if the meta were slower and it has enough gcds to effectively utilize its kit, as it is in cata. Currently even rets which should be countered by enh will have killed the shaman before they are able to go through enough gcds to purge off wings. State of enh in pvp is just sad. Good players succeed with it... in duels, and in one comp (beast cleave) but even they are lackluster in bgs for example and at an extreme disadvantage against the likes of dks and great warrs

enhancement is fun but can't recommend it unless you have real passion for the spec.
    What if you get bis gear all PVP except for trinket and maybe a ring and get around 1.2-1.4k res, would they be able to hold their gound

First 123 Last