1. Fast paced class

Hello

I tried to find the answer to my question but there arent any posts so here it goes.

Frost DK or Enhancment Shammy for PVP?
    To expand my question:
    1) i will do Bgs, World PVP, and duels I will NOT do any arenas unless they bring 1v1 arenas.
    2) i remember playing Shammy in woltk retail only a lit bit as i got fed up of it being so squishy, but since i never got Bis gear i dont know how it performs at its max potential.
    3) i like to play fast paced bursty melee class from time to time (bored with other melees)
    4)Id like to get balance of survivability vs Dmg, glass cannon aint my type.
    5) As you class and spec, which one would you rather play against in 1v1 tournament if the prize was 1000 coins?

Overall well rounded class that can do well in duels and be able to survive a stunlock.

Im leaning more towards shammy but my issue was that it was too damn squishy and a lot of GCD were wasted on totems and others spells, would it perform well with good res gear?
    Dk(Frost) i played in Cata retail and liked it a lot as it was very fast paced so you tend to play more instinct/reflex based gamplay but i didnt try it in wotlk.
    Unholy aint my type.

2. Ret paladin. Cant hit the buttons fast enough.

3. Hello

I tried to find the answer to my question but there arent any posts so here it goes.

To expand my question:
    1) i will do Bgs, World PVP, and duels I will NOT do any arenas unless they bring 1v1 arenas.
    2) i remember playing Shammy in woltk retail only a lit bit as i got fed up of it being so squishy, but since i never got Bis gear i dont know how it performs at its max potential.
    3) i like to play fast paced bursty melee class from time to time (bored with other melees)
    5) As you class and spec, which one would you rather play against in 1v1 tournament if the prize was 1000 coins?

Overall well rounded class that can do well in duels and be able to survive a stunlock.

Im leaning more towards shammy but my issue was that it was too damn squishy and a lot of GCD were wasted on totems and others spells, would it perform well with good res gear?
    Dk(Frost) i played in Cata retail and liked it a lot as it was very fast paced so you tend to play more instinct/reflex based gamplay but i didnt try it in wotlk.
    Unholy aint my type.
    Fdk is fine af. way better than enh shaman for ur purposes and likes

4. If you're talking wotlk, enh shaman and unholy dk are both strong in bgs, 1v1, and wpvp. Don't take frost tho its just not as good as UH in this expac

5. Enhancement isn't good because it has bad survivability and little area of effect damage compared to the three plate melees. Frost DK would be considered a good spec if it didn't have glaring weakness that your diseases can be dispelled.

6. Diseases being dispelled is not a problem outside of arena
    Only with shadow pries maybe but due to high burst i think frost has better odds vs shadow priest other classes will have to waste their gcd and its good as frost will have 1 sec gcd and can reapply easy for frost strike

7. You will run into issues with rets or as you mentioned priests, your damage and more importantly your heals massive rely on diseases being up. Rets can melee you to death.

8. Rets can melee you to death.
    or learn to kite

9. Hello

To expand my question:

Unholy aint my type.

from the 2 classes frost dk will be more fun for what you looking for and you are 100% correct shamans will waste a lot of GCD on non dmg spells.
    that been said CATA and WOTLK frost DK are completely different.WOTLK frost DK feel way slower and not as bursty as cata DK,you dont have pilar of frost for example.if you are looking for class that dont die easy its good in Duels and its super bursty honestly Unholy DK or Ret paladin both are way way better then FDK.
    Edited: April 28, 2018

10. the idea of purges/hexes/totems being 'wasted' gcds is pretty laughable.
    if i had that mentality i would just go ret, use my single bar of keybinds (since that's likely all I would have as such a player) for crusader/divine/judg/exorcism/bubble/hof/trinket/wings/lay on hands/consecration/hoj and go around bgs pretending i'm a warrior.

11. the idea of purges/hexes/totems being 'wasted' gcds is pretty laughable.
    if i had that mentality i would just go ret, use my single bar of keybinds (since that's likely all I would have as such a player) for crusader/divine/judg/exorcism/bubble/hof/trinket/wings/lay on hands/consecration/hoj and go around bgs pretending i'm a warrior.
    its laughable how you try to force your point of view to other people.different players have different playstyle and sense of fun playing the game.for some people doing CC,using totems and purge is waste of GCD,they prefer to do dmg and go for kills.

your comment about ret is incredible stupid,every single class in the game can be played with single bar of keybind and do well in BGs.you just listed few spells and say "yes use this few spells and forget the other 20 you have in your spell book" nice logic you got there.
    Edited: April 29, 2018

12. shamans will waste a lot of GCD on non dmg spells.
    Waste? So by your logic anything not related to pew-pew abilities is a waste for dps classes?

13. its laughable how you try to force your point of view to other people.different players have different playstyle and sense of fun playing the game.for some people doing CC,using totems and purge is waste of GCD,they prefer to do dmg and go for kills.

your comment about ret is incredible stupid,every single class in the game can be played with single bar of keybind and do well in BGs.you just listed few spells and say "yes use this few spells and forget the other 20 you have in your spell book" nice logic you got there.
    the logic is that if i thought 'playstyle' extended to not playing a class properly (by not using shaman utility for example) I would also be the kind of person with a single row of keybinds who ignores the rest of the spell book.

Hitting nothing but damage buttons isn't a playstyle, it's just bad, and completely ineffective. The only way it might work is if you run full pve gear with a band of pocket healers who will put up with ur sht ala Vampsy, and even then that's only good for powerfarming pubs.

Waste? So by your logic anything not related to pew-pew abilities is a waste for dps classes?
    right lol, that pve mentality...

14. Waste? So by your logic anything not related to pew-pew abilities is a waste for dps classes?
    if someone is not interested in utility spells yes they are waste of gcd for him.that's why you roll some other class that is more PEWPEW,after all this is not discussion how to play shaman its what class suit more for someone playstyle.maybe you can go and read again what exactly the OP said and is asking for and stop taking my posts out of context.

15. Yeah I read only his 5 points and missed his brain fart about GCD wasting abilities. He wants a class that is not glass cannon, but god forbid he has to utilize what class has to offer... So Fdk it is, but instead he will have to waste GCD's on death strikes.

123 Last