1. GDKP Raids

I'm very interested in hosting a GDKP run for T5/T6 raids. "Gold DKP" - all items are auctioned off, starting at minimum bid, to the highest bidder. 5% of this gold would go to the raid leader, 95% of this gold would be split by the 25 raid members at the end, by the raid leader. I would post my rules ahead of time and link to my rules at the beginning of raid start. I'm thinking of 1,500g minimum for entry, gear > gold. Gear will be sold, and any attunements or vials would be free of charge. Better geared players with less gold will be preferred over lower-geared rich players. I have a list of people willing to come help carry a run. I would record every second of the raid for documentation purposes of all transactions, and a public excel sheet would be available to view expenditures and the split.

What I want to know is,

1) has this ever been done before on Warmane?
    2) is this sort of thing legal, okay'd by the staff?

GDKPs were extremely popular on other servers and they helped diversify the high-end raiding environment. They are a great option for those which cannot find a raid slot in a high-end guild. A whole separate demographic of players would now have T6 available to them. This would also drive buyers to the warmane shop, to buy gold in order to spend it during the GDKP run. I sincerely believe the players would offset the cash shop revenue loss by purchasing gold to be spent in the run. It would also help generate money for those of us raiding high-end and spending hundreds or thousands of gold on consumables/enchants multiple times a week.

Please, if you would share your thoughts.
    Edited: April 25, 2018

2. This would also drive buyers to the warmane shop, to buy gold in order to spend it during the GDKP run. I sincerely believe the players would offset the cash shop revenue loss by purchasing gold to be spent in the run.
    Sadly it results in less revenue for the shop big time and there are a lot of private servers that can confirm that.
    It also spurs more focus on just gold farming by any means, be it legal or illegal, grinding or botting.
    And from experience it bends players to go GDKP raids rather than raiding the normal way.

While I have not seen this concept on any of Warmane's servers that often, I believe it is avoided and probably for good reaons.
    But who knows? Maybe someone from the staff could say a few words about this?

3. Sadly it results in less revenue for the shop big time and there are a lot of private servers that can confirm that.
    It also spurs more focus on just gold farming by any means, be it legal or illegal, grinding or botting.
    And from experience it bends players to go GDKP raids rather than raiding the normal way.

While I have not seen this concept on any of Warmane's servers that often, I believe it is avoided and probably for good reaons.
    But who knows? Maybe someone from the staff could say a few words about this?
    Those are all valid concerns. I think it's a balance, there are pros and cons to having GDKPs available, but I think that it would help tremendously to bridge the gap between T4/T5 players and T6 players.

4. I would support this and I think it would definetly add some diversity to the server.

I also dont think it would hurt the revenue of the shop, in fact I think it would increase the value of gold and make it more desireable for players to purchase coins to obtain gold to spend on GDKP runs.

5. Best of luck! I loved GDKP on retail in wotlk!

Sadly, it has been tried multiple times on warmane servers for awhile with bad results..
    The vast majority of the private server community just doesn't understand.
    It was recently tried on the Icecrown server by 3 different people over a 4 month period. The longest attempt went for 3 weeks, advertising different raids every day. Every single one of those raids either disbanded after 1st boss or had tons of rage after the last boss when gear was auctioned. No matter how effectively it was advertised as GDKP, and an auction, very few people actually understood the rules.

6. The attunement to T6 seems like a block for doing a T6 raid as GDKP. Though, I think it could be successful in Gruul/Mags/T5. In TBC, the GDKP that I remember doing was farming Sunwell trash for those drops/sunmotes. I would be interested in doing that again.

7. 5% to the raid leader - kek. this would force away any decent players right from the start.

8. Well GDKP still was a thing despite that cut. But most players agreed it was just the mark of greed.

9. I remember there was a staff quote that said GDKP runs are illegal on this server. Don't ask me where it was tho.

10. I remember there was a staff quote that said GDKP runs are illegal on this server. Don't ask me where it was tho.
    It would not surprise me one bit. I agree that the concept can have its plus sides, but the problem is when too many are doing as normal PuG and even guild raids are replaced by GDKP raids.

11. I remember there was a staff quote that said GDKP runs are illegal on this server. Don't ask me where it was tho.
    they're allowed. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....highlight=gdkp

12. Interesting that they changed their statement there. I'm very sure they were not allowed in the past, especially since this answer took them 1,5 months.